Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Another PC question [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another PC question

Rick93coupe
04-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Something has happened to my pc here lately, I don't know if its that worm from the 1st of April or what but all my searches are being redirected. I can type anything into the yahoo search engine and it finds my results, however any of the links I click on get redirected to any # of off the wall websites.
I reformatted and reloaded XP, reinstalled my antivirus and I'm running Firefox with AdBlock Plus. I'm starting to think my router/modem is infected or possibly my USB flash drives. Any ideas, its making me crazy.

Rick93coupe
04-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Well, after trying 6-7 different programs I found one that actually did the trick. Its called Malwarebytes. If any of you guys come across this type of issue I highly recommend you give it a shot.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html

I haven't had any antivirus on my computer in yrs and I've never had a single problem. Typically I just do an online scan from time to time and use the programs Spybot search and destroy and Webroot spy sweeper. Between those 2 I can usually fix any small little BS that comes my way. Recently I downloaded Avast antivirus, its free and found several worms on my system. Both Spysweeper and Webroot found a few things, but Malwarebytes was the one that actually fixed everything. I've been working on getting it straightened out for days, so hopefully this will save someone some time.
Rick

ponymom05
04-17-2009, 05:20 AM
We use Malware Bytes at work all the time. I love it. Just be careful when you download it (it's free) that you get just the MB program and not the registry cleaner. The registry cleaner portion will find 3 or 4 hundred problems then tell you it can't fix it unless you buy the program. Their main page is misleading as it tries to direct you to the registry part.

Katmandu
04-17-2009, 08:39 PM
I've used AVG (Free Version) and haven't had a virus/trojan for years.

AVG is the most downloaded program off download.cnet.com with 184,000,000 downloads.

http://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

axetone
04-18-2009, 12:15 AM
I work in IT...
-if you're not clean now....back up what you need, and reload...then

1. Get avast anti-virus (home version) (avast.com). Its free with email registration. I've had it 9 years, and all my family has it too ('cause of me putting it on there. Got tired of fixing thier shit)...-NO PROBLEMS!

2. Use Advanced windows care (iobit.com) regularly. It does all that 'stuff' the other programs do...in one package, and is FREE. You'll dig it.

3. Keep a browser installed without all that add-on crap. I reccommend "Opera" (opera.com). And DO NOT load anything, or import anything ->other than adobe flash player.
That browser FLIES! So, when one craps out, you got a back-up.

Thats all you need (assuming you have a firewall running).

...other concerns...applications that you use may be causing you problems...even legit ones. We should talk about that NEXT if this does not fix your problems.

5. If all else fails, call me, I'll come help ya out. I only do free work on computers because I refuse to tithe in church...its kind of how I give back. Just email me if ya need help.

axetone@yahoo.com
Jason