Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
social security & childsupport question [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : social security & childsupport question

plated
04-12-2009, 09:05 PM
ok heres the sitation,my gf has a 7 yr old daughter,the father is 14k in arrearage and just signed up and got social security he's bipolar:rolleyes: and can't work,allthough goodwill and walmart hire people slumped over in a wheelchair this peice of shit just isn't going to work period... how would you go about getting childsupport out of this dirtbag? can the daughter recieve social security if the father is getting social security?.has anyone gone thru this that can give us some insight on the whole social security thing.??

k062693w
04-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Yes !!!! The child receives half of what the parent receives !!!! All she needs to do is call the local SS office and they will set it up ...

plated
04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
isn't there two different kinds of s.s?we were told if he's disabled:rolleyes: he wouldn't have to paynor would s.s pay the court orders support??he keeps calling into court saying he's not capable of working,but he just started recieving s.s the past 6 months.and he's 14k in arrears for crying out loud why have't they locked him up after not paying for 7 yrs when it was court orderd hows he getting away with it???

k062693w
04-12-2009, 09:44 PM
If he is on Social Security Disability his children are entitled to half of his... They do not take it from his money, It is in addition to his benefits... Have her call the local SS office and they will help her, The children also receive (in addition) Half of what he received in back pay !!!

DeckerEnt
04-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Maybe a call to a lawyer would point you in the right direction to go with this one. It may cost a little but it would get taken care of legally.

beefcake
04-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Maybe a call to a lawyer would point you in the right direction to go with this one. It may cost a little but it would get taken care of legally.

i don't think it's needed

just like i get my ss statement in the mail, it tells me what i'm entitled to and my spouse and children and max payout

just call the ss office

89notch
04-14-2009, 03:10 PM
You are better off that this dirtbag is getting SS. Now the daughter will receive SS and it will probably be more than you would have got through child support. I would call the SS office and get her application in ASAP as they base the back pay on date of application.

mustangjon
04-14-2009, 06:35 PM
As stated the social security is a blessing, no he wont be paying it, taxpayers/govm will. Its taken years for my dead beat ex to hide from the child support office to then end up being taken to court telling them she doesnt have a job, so you cant take any money..

averystang
04-14-2009, 10:56 PM
My ex is on social security and I have custody of my kids. Just go to the local SS office with proof of custody and they will send the checks to your girl friend in her name, you dont even have to tell him.