Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
What's up with XU basketball coaches? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What's up with XU basketball coaches?

cstreu1026
04-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Earlier today I read that Sean Miller wasn't interested in going to Arizona and now it appears as though he has accepted the position. Isn't that the same sort of shit Thad Matta pulled several years ago? I am not an XU fan but I still think thats a crappy thing to do.

BigBadStang
04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Show me the money.

You can't believe anything that collegiate coaches say in regards to job offers. 99% of the time it's too hard not to take the big money.

Black92LX
04-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Xavier is a great team but gets no respect being in the A10. Of course they are going to where they can make a name for themselves.

And yes Thad Matta is still a dick!

Where are you reading he took the job?? Everything I am finding says he turned it down.

BigBadStang
04-06-2009, 02:14 PM
...Where are you reading he took the job?? Everything I am finding says he turned it down.

Read about it HERE (http://www.local12.com/content/breaking_news/story/Xaviers-Sean-Miller-Accepts-Offer-At-Arizona/M3FNHkhc_U23J8AJeEav1g.cspx)

BigBadStang
04-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Reportedly 7 years 18 million (about 2.5 million a year).
It was speculated that he was making right at 1 million a year at X.

Would you turn down a 1.5 million a year raise?

IWRBB
04-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Hell, go back before Thad Motta, there is a long string of them.

Xavier is a stepping stone college for basketball coaches. Same as UC has been for football coaches in the past dozen years. It's just the nature of the size and success of the program. Not bushleague, but not top 10 year in and year out. No recent national championships either. Be a top 10 team for a dozen straight years or pull in some national titles, and you'll see coaches sticking around longer.