Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
chassis shops? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : chassis shops?

A05C
04-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Anyone know where there's a chassis shop somewhere in ohio/michigan/indiana
preferable one that deals alot with fox's got a few questions to talk to them about my car

Thanks
Andrew

kennebellcobra
04-04-2009, 12:07 PM
PM Jimsvt...he might be interested and he is the man.

A05C
04-04-2009, 12:14 PM
ok will do thanks

Sharad
04-05-2009, 08:01 AM
My suggestion is to research your questions on the boards enough to get a general idea of what you want to do. Then call Rob Lewis at Rigid Race Cars to get advice/pricing. Rob's a good guy and does great chassis work!

A05C
04-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Well i was just asking if anyone new a local chassis shops.. if i wanted to go on a message board and ask for people's opinion i'd go on yellowbullet.com where i go for majority of questions.

i already know what i want to do, and what i've done to the car so far. just wanted to talk to a local chassis shop

i looked for rigid's siteand got this

Effective September 1, 2008 Rigid Race Cars, Inc. is no longer in operation. Thank You for your patronage. Best Regards.

Jeff88coupe
04-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Gary Rohe Racecars near Lawrenceburg, IN. I'm very pleased with the work he's done on my coupe.

69Cobra
04-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Team Z

Sharad
04-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Anyone know where there's a chassis shop somewhere in ohio/michigan/indiana
preferable one that deals alot with fox's got a few questions to talk to them about my car

Thanks
Andrew

Well i was just asking if anyone new a local chassis shops.. if i wanted to go on a message board and ask for people's opinion i'd go on yellowbullet.com where i go for majority of questions.

i already know what i want to do, and what i've done to the car so far. just wanted to talk to a local chassis shop

i looked for rigid's siteand got this

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. When you said you had a few questions to talk to them about, I didn't realize you already knew what you wanted to do.

Rigid Race Cars is still in business. When Rob and his partner split, they took the web site down. RRC is one of a few places that does Professional work at Sportsman pricing.

I travel 200 miles each way for him to work on my car, and I'm VERY particular about who touches my car.

dsmawd350
04-05-2009, 12:04 PM
+1 for rob at rigid

bobtsgt
04-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Rob is still going strong. Stupid legal shit going on with the past partner about the name. Rob is still putting out top notch work.

93cobra
04-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Gary Rohe Racecars near Lawrenceburg, IN. I'm very pleased with the work he's done on my coupe.

:lol: I had $10k cash ready to hand him & couldn't get a call back...

I guess he was "slammed"...yet I heard he was hurting a few months later:rolleyes:

93cobra
04-05-2009, 01:43 PM
RRC is one of a few places that does Professional work at Sportsman pricing.

+1 on great work & stand up guy...but you better have a contract when it will be finished:eek: or you may miss 2 seasons

A05C
04-05-2009, 02:53 PM
thanks guys... i didnt mean to sound like a dick. sorry if i came across that way

A05C
04-05-2009, 02:55 PM
can you get me rigid's number? or Rohe's

i was going to call up to Teamz since their not too far over the border.

i wanted to talk to them about my cage and what their thoughts are

dsmawd350
04-05-2009, 03:34 PM
+1 on great work & stand up guy...but you better have a contract when it will be finished:eek: or you may miss 2 seasons

I know! i told them i wanted a roll cage and they told me 2 weeks to get it done, Next thing i know i was wanting a list of stuff done a mile long and it took them much longer than the original 2 weeks i was quoted!!!!:confused:

Jeff88coupe
04-05-2009, 06:31 PM
:lol: I had $10k cash ready to hand him & couldn't get a call back...

I guess he was "slammed"...yet I heard he was hurting a few months later:rolleyes:

Who knows...chassie guys seem to be almost like paint guys to me....this was several years ago now. I got a quote for exactly what I wanted done from RRC....told me it would be a few weeks to get my car in. Went an got a quote from GRRC for the exact same work. GRRC was able to get my car in that week....work was done in 2 days....for a good bit less than my first quote. My coupe's 8pt cage certified to 8.50 with no problems. I am planning on getting a few other little things done on my car by Gary here soon....need to give him a call soon.

93cobra
04-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I know! i told them i wanted a roll cage and they told me 2 weeks to get it done, Next thing i know i was wanting a list of stuff done a mile long and it took them much longer than the original 2 weeks i was quoted!!!!:confused:

:rofl:

Timido
04-05-2009, 08:10 PM
I took my car out to Gary for a little job. He built and welded an anti roll bar and some tie down points for towing. I was in and out in a couple days. He did great work and treated me great. Gary Rohe Racecars. (812) 637-0092

I have seen Rigid Race Cars work and it is top notch. Rob has worked on alot of cars and the work allways is quality.

check out http://www.vernhouseracecars.com/ Vern does great work and has proven himself at the track

Mustangboy took his coupe to someone in Kentucky to do his minitub and some other chassis stuff and it turned out great also.

mustangboy
04-05-2009, 08:53 PM
I took my car to Gary to narrow my rear, install 9in ends, build and anti roll bar, cut out my existing door bars and make them swing out and ordered axles thru him. He got me right in and at a very fair price. Had my car back in two weeks but that was partly because I was on vacation and told him not to hurry. There is also I guy down here by me in N. KY named Joe Thornton that did my mini tubs, sheet metal work, coil overs, engine limiter, motor plate mounts and recessed fuel cell. He also was priced extremely fair and got me out quickly. Both expierences were very positive and the work was top notch.

Bill
04-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Your located in Lima ... call Team Z Motorsports. You can tell Dave that Bill from Exiled Racing recommended that you call him.

Byrd Man
04-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Dave Zimmerman of Team Z does great work for Ford Motor Co. on the New Cobra Jet Stang's as well as many racer's in class racing. Dave can do the same great work for you on your Stang.

Team Z Motorsports (800)-243-0649