Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
So is it wrong to do this? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So is it wrong to do this?

IWRBB
04-04-2009, 12:56 AM
I've done this a few times and always wonder if I'm doing something slightly evil...

It happened again today. Was driving a BMW Z4, damn go cart I tell ya. It will turn like nothing I've driven before. Some bitch is *right* up on my ass as we get off for the exit. I'm doing 60, stuck behind a car in the right lane that is not getting off at the exit. I know the exit, and it's really tight, it's marked 30 and you best do 30 if you are in an average car or truck. This is WB exit 80 on I275 in Ky. She's 3 feet behind me as I wait for the car in front to pass the exit. I get over for the exit, I never hit the brakes, I just keep on going 60. Right into the tight part of the turn. She's still right on my ass, right until the curve gets really tight. Her POS Toyota Corolla under steers like a pig and she nearly runs off the road into the guardrail. We stopped at the light and she glared at me. I just gave her the "What?" look.

I've done it on the 275W to I74S ramp in my Cobra too. Took it about 85mph with a pickup truck right on my ass. Again, no hitting the brakes or changing speed, just take it at high speed and watch them freak the hell out as they realize what a true POS they are driving. That guy came about 6" from the outer concrete barrier before he slowed down enough to make the turn.

I know exactly what is going to happen- but I still do it anyways, is that wrong? It's always the fuckers tailgating me that get that treatment. They are used to constantly tailgating a regular vehicle that will slow down for sharp turns and they never have to think about what's ahead of them or how fast they should be going. I would kinda feel bad if someone wrecked, but then again, it's not my fault if they drive their turd right into a wall for no good reason.

2007ShelbyCobra
04-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Go for it! What will they say "well officer, I was simply, uhhh, driving behind this other motorist, and uhhh... welll see he made me enter this corner going to fast, and wreck my pos car."

sean
04-04-2009, 01:13 AM
do it, Keep it up and let us know when someone finally nails the wall. I cant stand people like that. If they do it to me they will do it to my wife and daughter. If they hit a wall or two you may keep them from messing with someone else. You save a life and get a good show and they eat a wall and learn a lesson or two.

Mista Bone
04-04-2009, 04:49 AM
more fun to light up the brake lights at turn in, that way they don't know which end of the car is gonna hit the guardrail first.

Yes, I do it all the time. A few have went 4 wheeling because of it.

How many people drive the "express lane" through the construction on 275 WB? With my lowered Shitvic I have to slow down in three places to keep from bottoming out. Normally I run 65 though. I had some young kid in a Integra (ricer) right on my bumper the whole way. I slowed down for the last and worst bump right at the end of the 747 bridge. Scared the crap out of him.

Why do I slow down????? Three separate cars have busted their oil pans there.

ALSO I noticed tonight 75 NB exit to Harrison Ave. Look the the skid marks and impact. Somebody went dead straight ahead :)

02mingryGT
04-04-2009, 06:52 AM
IWRRB,

I do that all the time too if the opportunity presents itself. they usually realize it in time and then no longer ride my ass. My favorites are the guys with the lifted trucks that want to ride my ass on a 2 lane road. It's fun having a car you don't have to brake for corners with.

bobtsgt
04-04-2009, 07:02 AM
keep up the good work. Its not your fault they can't read the signs nor pay attention.

IWRBB
04-04-2009, 07:59 AM
All right then! I guess I'm not that evil...

ADaughen
04-04-2009, 08:36 AM
I do that too. :)

Why brake if you can safely make the turn?

Mr.Moontang
04-04-2009, 09:14 AM
I do that all the time in the STI it is very fun!!!

95turbocharged
04-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Good chit there! Maybe all you guys are just evil. JFWY we all do it.

blk93notch
04-04-2009, 10:01 AM
wow your nicer than me cause i would have brake checked them big time. i think it would have been funny to see her go off the road but i already know im an asshole.

IWRBB
04-04-2009, 03:31 PM
For for a second I thought I might be a functioning psycho. Turns out I'm the same as all of you. What's that say about you? hahahah

Mista Bone
04-04-2009, 04:48 PM
we hate stupid drivers who don't pay attention??????

You ever wanted to PIT someone? I did today. 275 in KY from Old Coney to KY 17 this Land Rover was right on the back tire of a full dresser Harley. I don't ride, BECAUSE of people like this and wanted to put him into the median, hopefully rubber side up!

I have FULL coverage on both my POS Civic's for a reason.

cstreu1026
04-04-2009, 05:01 PM
If they wreck then they'll get what they have coming to them.

Gene
04-04-2009, 05:38 PM
do it, Keep it up and let us know when someone finally nails the wall. I cant stand people like that. If they do it to me they will do it to my wife and daughter. If they hit a wall or two you may keep them from messing with someone else. You save a life and get a good show and they eat a wall and learn a lesson or two.

I caused a Camry (or something similar) to this the guardrail on the cloverleaf from 275 W to 71 S near Montgomery about 5 years ago in the 911. The jackass was tailgating from the minute we got on the Interstate from Montgomery Rd. So I took the corner at about 75mph (I think it's posted 25). I could make it, he couldn't.

cstreu1026
04-04-2009, 05:47 PM
I would like to have been there as he tried to explain his wreck to the police.

mustangjon
04-04-2009, 06:57 PM
I get off the 275 ramp on the cov/ind exit every mornings hell even in the ole tank of a truck i take it like 60ish and never ceases to amaze me how many people in the morning try to follow me and dont apex the turn and end up almost in the far right lane at the light when they want to go left and they have to slam on the brakes and jump over.

I say keep up the good work:bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Now if you did that and then hit your brakes and caused someone to rear end you, then it's kind of wrong but still their fault for following so close and relying on YOU to hit your brakes so they know it's time to slow down. It shows that they're not paying attention to anything except for you not going as fast as they want you to be going, even though you're clearly going well beyond what is safe (as is proven when they almost hit the guardrail).

winner70ta
04-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I understand the psuedo guilty feeling that you have. I mean, general rules of the road, driver courtesy and all of that stuff. What is really wrong is that someone is riding your ass in the beginning, not what you are doing. Anyone who has ever been cited for not maintaining an assured clear distance has been told by the officer that the driver is responsible for the actions of their vehicle.

sean
04-04-2009, 09:08 PM
I think the problem is we have mustangs and bikes and other cars that can handle this kind of driving. when someone sees a fast car or bike they have to justify their cold air inducted fart can p.o.s. and try to do what we do and get into trouble. If you drive a cavalier or old neon then drive it like a cavalier or old neon. Nothing wrong with it, but dont try to hang with a big boy in something thats just not up to it. If they get hurt maybe ins will give them enough money to get something that can handle that turn.

Mista Bone
04-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Easy, don't overdrive the capability or the car OR yourself.

Now I'm sure we've all done this before, by ourselves, with little damage :)

02mingryGT
04-05-2009, 06:21 AM
I caused a Camry (or something similar) to this the guardrail on the cloverleaf from 275 W to 71 S near Montgomery about 5 years ago in the 911. The jackass was tailgating from the minute we got on the Interstate from Montgomery Rd. So I took the corner at about 75mph (I think it's posted 25). I could make it, he couldn't.

Hell yes! Off topic: Believe it or not when my 01 was in the shop they gave me a ZX3 to drive and I did 70 around that ramp. I think I could have pushed it further. Only thing that came to my mind when I hit 75-S was "you have got to be shitting me."

Sharad
04-05-2009, 07:52 AM
I do it all the time. Did have a guy run off the road (no guard rail) once. :)

1992MustangDW
04-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Im not going to lie, if someone pushes me to far by riding my bumper. I will break check the shit out of them. Not just a little one either.

Black Horse
04-05-2009, 08:37 AM
The scariest moment I had was on the NB I-75 exit to WB Rt.-129 (Michael Fox) - it a long sweeping left turn, 2 lanes wide with a nasty bump right about at the last 7/8's of the turn at exit.

I love to push the Cobra through this corner, especially when no one else is around. On Sunday afternoon I took the corner briskly (no where near my limit) to find some dumbass kid in a fart can equiped Honda on the inside coming in even harder. My pace and his dive bomb manever put us at the first apex (assuming one double apexes the turn) right side by side with me on the outside (I moved to the outside to let him go by - I'm the dumbass). I caught him starting to saw at the wheel and I knew he was going to slide right into me. My first response was to think about stabbing the brakes, but I knew that was going to be a big disaster, so I matted the go pedal. I felt the rear of the car sqaut and I shot ahead of him like he threw out an anchor. As I set up for the second apex I looked back to see him sliding across the lane I was in. He somehow gathered it up.

I stopped at the BP station in Hamiltucky to fill up and I saw him pulling in few minutes later. I thought to myself this isn't going to be pretty. He got out of his car after having a few words with his girlfriend and strolled up to me. I thought he was going to get red assed on me, but he was actually a cool guy. Asked about my car. I asked him if he had any idea how screwed up he was in that corner. He apologized profusley.

I gave him the website address for the NASA bunch so he could come out and play on-track where it is safe and he might actually learn something.

I'm glad I had the Cobra that day and I had training and experience on how to drive at the edge. I won't say I'll do the same as the rest of you, its not my fault that someone can't keep up with me...but I will not drive at the limits on city streets. One patch of gravel, one obstacle in the road and it is I who is going to smack the armco.

Mista Bone
04-05-2009, 09:14 AM
I loved that exit, esp taking the inside lane way inside :)

IWRBB
04-06-2009, 02:44 PM
It's still there. They are feeding Ham-Mason into the right lane, but most of the double lane turn will stay. Also one of my favorites in the Cobra.