Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Electrical help [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Electrical help

stangman_5
04-03-2009, 06:19 PM
I lost all my power in my garage earlier when I plugged in a heater. So like any normal person I went in my basement to see if I had blown a breaker. Well all my breakers are on...? anyone have any idea what else could be wrong.

HDmstng
04-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Could be a bad breaker?

ADaughen
04-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Detached garage?
Does your garage have a separate breaker box?
Breaker in the basement could be broken...

stangman_5
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
It is detached, and no I could not find a seperate breaker box. Is a breaker something I could replace?

Black Horse
04-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Did you try turning the breaker off and back on again?

ADaughen
04-03-2009, 10:44 PM
It is detached, and no I could not find a seperate breaker box. Is a breaker something I could replace?

Your separate box would be in the garage somewhere... Usually on the wall near the main line as it enters the garage.

If the breaker is bad, it is something you CAN replace, it is dangerous though if you aren't careful (fire, electrocution and death can result).

http://www.electrical-online.com/replacingabreakerinyourpanel.htm

If you aren't comfortable doing it yourself the first time. Get someone who knows what they are doing, watch and learn.

Did you try turning the breaker off and back on again?

I would try this first.

stangman_5
04-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the input guys. It was as easy as flipping all of them off one at a time to find the right one, now I am back to sanding wheels again lol. Thanks again :bigthumb

ADaughen
04-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the input guys. It was as easy as flipping all of them off one at a time to find the right one, now I am back to sanding wheels again lol. Thanks again :bigthumb

For now, you might want to mark that breaker. I suspect you'll be back down there at some point. ;)

In the future, you may look to having a drop put in your garage. One, 20A (?) breaker isn't going to cut it for all the stuff you can and will run in a garage. :bigthumb