Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
A tail of a rat! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A tail of a rat!

DeckerEnt
04-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Every once in a while I would see this blur of fur in my garage at home. I never gave it much thought. One night my wife saw it. She didn't freak but she made it clear that she didn't want it around. I live in Fort Mitchell Ky so shooting it was out. I went to Home Depot and got a cage trap. Loaded it up with peanut butter and stick pretzles, set it and waited. I caught a bird, a chipmonk, but not this blur of fur I had seen. Well, tonight I caught it. It was a rat. Long tail and all. It was trying to chew through the cage. That thing has some teeth. Well, I took it to the Tank parking lot down by Speedway, walked way out into the woods and set it free. That thing can run too.
Keith

Foxxx5oh
04-01-2009, 09:15 PM
damn keith...that sucks, you know if there are any more or was it just the one?

mustangjon
04-01-2009, 09:18 PM
i was expecting to hear a whir of fur... and a poof of tannerite:eek:

DeckerEnt
04-01-2009, 10:44 PM
I am hoping it was just one. I will be setting the trap tomorrow just in case.

fuelforthought
04-01-2009, 10:55 PM
if you catch another one heres a tip. If you cant shoot it, and dont want to take it anywhere just put it outside still in the cage, wrap the cage with a tarp and feed a vacuum hose (from a dirt devil or oreck:lol:)from your exhaust pipe into the tarp, and say night, night little buddy!:bigthumb

works great with racoons to haha

Holly
04-07-2009, 10:07 AM
You need a cat to hang out at the shop - you'll never have mice or rat problems!

I thought my black cat Rudy was going to knock the window out last night trying to get to a squirrel in the front yard!

Stangman
04-07-2009, 10:22 AM
My cat chased a squirrel up a tree sunday, it was hillarious

JET50213
04-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I have trapped and "relocated" approximately 10 squirrels in the past six months. They have destroyed my soffits. I have developed a rather unhealthy hatred for the little bastards!!:mad:

Pitbull1052
04-07-2009, 11:32 AM
I have a co2 powered 15 shot pellet gun with a laser site on it! Kid you not! I use to have a detail shop in my garage and I'd spend my 4 hours detailing a car and come out to find critter paw prints all over my freshly two coats of hand waxn.... don't even have to aim just point and shoot it's a blast!

Mista Bone
04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
three birds, two small rabbits, untold number of mice.

The cats that hang out around moms are quite the hunters.

'92Stang
04-07-2009, 08:06 PM
+1 on the cats. We probably have 15-20 barn cats to keep the mice out of the hay, and horse feed in the barn. Everything was great till the neighbor decided to turn their easter bunnies loose one sunny fall day last year. Try explaining that to a 4 y.o. girl why the kitty's have a headless bunny in there mouth:rolleyes:

DeckerEnt
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
My girlfriend, now wife had a cat when we were dating. This cat was 14 years old, declawed, only one good pointy tooth left, but still came to the door with baby bunnies, chipmunks, other little headless creatures. It would just sit there with one paw on the gift staring at me and Lisa every time I dropped her off at home. Cute..

'92Stang
04-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Thats why I'm more of a dog person. They just kill it, eat some, and then roll in it a few days later...lol. Cat's seem to feel like they deserve praise:lol:...But, I love them in the barn:bigthumb

94tchikinv8
04-07-2009, 10:47 PM
if you catch another one heres a tip. If you cant shoot it, and dont want to take it anywhere just put it outside still in the cage, wrap the cage with a tarp and feed a vacuum hose (from a dirt devil or oreck:lol:)from your exhaust pipe into the tarp, and say night, night little buddy!:bigthumb

works great with racoons to haha

My grandparents "baptize" the coons they catch with a live trap. Set them cage and all in their pond until they drown. You're method seems at least a little more humane, lol.

-Rob