Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
timing gear drives [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : timing gear drives

pmneed1
04-01-2009, 07:31 PM
is a gear drive better.vrs a chain in timing?and will a gear drive work with a stock 94 timing cover?i like the loud whine of a gear. drive.kinda sounds like a s/c

STREETRODZ1
04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
I like the gear drives a bunch, and the good thing is you do not have to worry about a chain stretching, your timing will be dead on. I to love the sound, but they do say it takes a little more to turn the gears (drag), but if you are worried about the .2 horsepower it might take in drag, you probably have a honda LOL. Just my opinion though, and yes they make a gear drive to fit under your stock 94 timing cover.

pmneed1
04-01-2009, 08:10 PM
I like the gear drives a bunch, and the good thing is you do not have to worry about a chain stretching, your timing will be dead on. I to love the sound, but they do say it takes a little more to turn the gears (drag), but if you are worried about the .2 horsepower it might take in drag, you probably have a honda LOL. Just my opinion though, and yes they make a gear drive to fit under your stock 94 timing cover.

no actually. the most reliable car ive ever owned.and still have it,is my wifes car a 90 toyota camry.old reliable been to texas 5 times.and never missed a beat. but im not worried about the drag it wont noticable. i just want the tight timing,and the whine.with my small e-cam.