Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cincinnati Bartending School [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Bartending School

Bluecrew07
04-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Was thinking about going and doing this bartending shcool thing at Cincinnati Bartending School. Anyone know someone who went there? I just dont wanna waste my time if it not worth it.

Black92LX
04-01-2009, 01:56 PM
I think someone on here teaches there.

Bluecrew07
04-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Oh really now???

Black92LX
04-01-2009, 01:59 PM
I can't for the life of me remember who it is, but a couple years ago I had thought about doing it as well and talked to them about it.
Though it has been a couple years so they may not even frequent the boards anymore.
I went through my PMs but must have deleted them. Hopefully they will see the post and be able to help.

PonymanfiveO
04-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I took a few classes at the one in Indy a couple years ago. It was a blast! I kick myself for not finishing it.

I say go for it!

PonymanfiveO
04-01-2009, 02:02 PM
I can't for the life of me remember who it is, but a couple years ago I had thought about doing it as well and talked to them about it.
Though it has been a couple years so they may not even frequent the boards anymore.
I went through my PMs but must have deleted them. Hopefully they will see the post and be able to help.

Tim Hixon (raceme) started the one in Indianapolis. He sold it a while back, bot sure if he could help out Josh any or not.

Bluecrew07
04-01-2009, 02:07 PM
They Called me a lil bit ago i talked to a guy named Chris. He said they have Job placement soon as you get done with the course. I think i gonna set up an appointment with them and do it. When i get done everyone come see me!!

Lol SBZ night at the Bar WOOOO!

sean
04-02-2009, 03:27 AM
No matter what people seem to have money to drink on. Good idea. Maybe I should look into it as well. You have a number I can call? If you do pm me will ya.
Thank you
Sean Murray

RACEME
04-02-2009, 04:23 AM
I used to be an instructor there. It is a good class to get general bar skills and knowledge. The job placement is their selling point, but nothing you can't do yourself. All they do is search the local papers, and internet sites for jobs and tell you about them when you come in for placement. They do have a few places call them when they are hiring, but not near the amount they try to lead you to believe.

If you want good begining bartending knowledge and skills, then go for it. If you are counting on a job, that is kind of iffy.

the number is 1800 bartend. the website is www.pbsa.com

Gene
04-02-2009, 09:34 AM
I took the course about 5 years ago (when Tim was still teaching it).

It was definitely worth it to learn the basic skills. I never used the job placement, but I was able to "talk the talk" to get my first bartending gig.

It's not a bad skill to have. There are always plenty of places hiring bartenders, and if you work in the right place you can make a few extra hundred bucks a week working a couple of nights. If memory serves, the class was $400, and that's a decent weekend's worth of work.

RACEME
04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
If I remember correctly it was $795 when I got out 4 years ago.