Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
flowmaster magna flow ext...? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : flowmaster magna flow ext...?

t_bag69
03-31-2009, 08:47 PM
got a 5.0 88 gt, assume most dont have stock exaust, well i do and gonna upgrade. whats the best sound for the best deal? 2.5 or 3"? and any problems with taking off the cats besides legal issues? i think its legal up here neways.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Technically it's illegal even though we don't have to have an emissions check to get registered. It's against the law everywhere to tamper with emissions control devices.

Anyways, i'm partial to Magnaflow over Flowmaster. For the money though that depends on what you want. For example, i think Mac sound just as good as Magnaflow (different but both sound awesome) but the Mac kit is considerably cheaper than the Magnaflows because the Magnaflows are all stainless. I'd suggest hitting up YouTube and watching a bunch of videos and try to pick something you like the sound of. Some mufflers will make a tad more power than others but i would just go with what you like the sound of the best because any gains or losses are small. As for 2.5 or 3 inch, they'll sound different but you won't need 3 inch on a mostly stock car and it can actually hurt power production if your exhaust is over sized.

Black92LX
04-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Magnaflows are hands down one of the best exhausts quality, fitment and sound wise.

mustangjon
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
i personally like magnaflow, quiet at idle and wicked wide open. reason i went with them on the lincoln i didnt want to give the sleeper value too much away. Some people dont think they are throaty enough at idle tho.

flowcrappers are cheaper tho. I personally dont like flowmasters on really much of anything not my kinda sound.

STREETRODZ1
04-01-2009, 07:49 PM
I love flowmasters, and the good old idle through the parking lot rumble that sets off car alarms, it has always made me smile. The 40 series 2 chambers, or the 1 chamber race mufflers which are my personal favorite. They provide alot of interior noise though, which i like, but not everyone does. Everyone has different opinions, and there is mine.

67fastback
04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
I have Magnaflows on my car and love them

Buckeye
04-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Magnaflow is a far better quality product but sound is a personal option, I think as long as you go h-pipe and not X pipe it will sound good

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Magnaflow is a far better quality product but sound is a personal option, I think as long as you go h-pipe and not X pipe it will sound good

Aaaah, see like you said it's all opinion. I couldn't stand the sound of Magnaflows with an H but i totally love them with an X :lol: They also sound like crap dumped if you ask me.

Buckeye
04-02-2009, 11:16 PM
ya if you are gonna dump them it is hard to beat the sound of flowmaster.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-03-2009, 06:38 AM
I ran 1 chamber Flows dumped for a long time and loved them. They're super loud and pretty obnoxious though.