Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Wonder what others thought of cbus swap meet [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wonder what others thought of cbus swap meet

93snake
03-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Went to sping swap meet in columbus today, it looked like it was smaller, less people selling and not as big a crowd as in the past. I did not see that many great deals and most stuff was over priced. Heck, could hardly get some people to make a deal or even talk about thier stuff. I thought it was a disapointment, now just wondering what some others thought about it...

MFIELD
03-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Seemed like alot of fox stuff to me, of course I'm not looking for that now. I do agree on some people not wanting to talk to you. I ask a guy about a flywheel and he just walked away.

Rich
03-28-2009, 07:17 PM
I missed out on a pretty good deal on rust free fenders...waited to long and they were gone when I went back!

It did seem like there was a lot of Fox stuff there...

CNTLOSE
03-28-2009, 07:23 PM
I thought it was pretty good, but this was my first time there. I bought a lot of needed stuff for my 94, but it was from the dealers so I saved on shipping, and took advantage of the show discounts. I did see some good deals on heads in the Buckeye Building...but of course I did not need them now.

evil666stang
03-28-2009, 07:23 PM
agreed, it sucked to get in this morning, and wasnt worth the wait. not like the past, the one in the fall is the best

Xowner
03-28-2009, 08:50 PM
yah where set up up here and it SUCKED! they said they where down 20% on venders this year !

JET50213
03-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I found the draglite skinnies w/tires that I've been searching for. Pretty decent deal, too.

Sparky
03-28-2009, 09:42 PM
I sold a bunch of stuff for a change, and mostly to vendors, mind you. If you had to walk around a big fat guy pulling a blue cart that was me lol. Thanks again for the ride Rich!

juiced347
03-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I thought it sucked aswell

bobtsgt
03-29-2009, 12:39 AM
I enjoyed it very much. Scored some real sweet deals on some things and got to talk to some peps. I will be hitting up the fall one as well. It was nice to walk around and see an array of different things.

cobrajoe
03-29-2009, 12:59 AM
Damn I forgot about it! Oh well!:rolleyes:

evil666stang
03-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Damn I forgot about it! Oh well!:rolleyes:

it is tomm. as well

winner70ta
03-29-2009, 09:09 AM
I had a pretty good time. Went up with my brother and met up with my son and daughter-inlaw. Buckeye building was almost half full (or is that half empty?) but the other buildings were packed. Agree that there was a lot of fox body pieces this time. Usually see a lot of friends but we were always in different locations than they were.
We had to wait on 71 for a while to get onto 17th St. But we were able to go directly into the building instead of waitng so that was a wash. There were a lot of people there by 10:00 but noticed that by 2:00 many had left already. I think that the economy may have kept some vendors who normally would travel some distance at home. Then again, I think auction sites like eBay have really hurt the swap meet scene.

05yellowgt
03-29-2009, 09:41 AM
I dragged the gf up and helped out at the Dayton Performance booth yesterday. It was busy at times and other times it seemed dead so I am not quite sure what to make of it. Got to see some old friends that I hadn't seen in a couple of race seasons which was good. There were lots of lookers but it was hard for a lot of people to part with their money it seemed.

turbostang95
03-29-2009, 11:15 AM
I thought it was okay, did find a good deal on some stuff for the fox im building also, my only problem it seem to have more older mustang and ford parts than anything. Great show if you were restoring an older car though. I will check out the fall show though

93cobra
03-29-2009, 11:22 AM
its proven itself over the years to be a waste for selling stuff...be a $5 part or a $500 part...went there a few years with stuff priced fair to get idiots look at me like im retarded...bring the same stuff home, sell it on ebay for more than swap asking price

2Kblacksleeper
03-29-2009, 01:33 PM
It seemed like most of the overall parts were for classic mustangs and such. I found 1 alternator bracket for a sn95 and i thought it was overpriced.

I found it odd that i saw alot of gen 2 Lightning stuff. I found a set of JLP stage 2 heads for 900.00. That would have been great, if i still had my truck.

Hopefully the fall show will be better.
John

NUTTSGT
03-29-2009, 04:07 PM
I skipped the meet this year. This is the first swap meet (spring/fall) that I've missed in quite a few years.