Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
How is my setup? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How is my setup?

evildriver
03-26-2009, 04:10 PM
I am concentrating on my air induction now. I have a MAC cai, not in fender, Professional Products throttle body and intake, 24# injectors, adjustable fpr, e-cam and I was told a 93 cobra mafs and computer. Oh and I have windsor jr. heads, lt headers, and a x pipe.
So my queston is what CAI, mafs and injectors to run or is my setup good?
Thanks

Johnson1134
03-26-2009, 04:52 PM
should be pretty damn good.

facemelter71
03-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Better to find a fender mounted CAI.Engine mounted filters have alot of underhood turbulant air HOT air.
Injectors and maf should work great.Make sure to get a good tune after all is installed.

evildriver
03-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Now can I go straight to the dyno and get it tuned after I get a new cai or do need to get a different computer or chip or something like that?
Do you guys think I would get much hp difference if I went to a c&l setup, like would it be worth it even though I got a mac one?
And I see mafs that say they are tuned for certain size injectors. How can I tell what mine is?

Rick93coupe
03-27-2009, 11:19 AM
In order to tune your car, it needs to first be tuneable. The stock computer isn't setup by itself to do that. What people do is have a chip added to the stock computer that allows you to change the parameters of the stock programing.
Every mass air meter is calibrated to an injector size and several of them can be changed if you upgrade injectors down the road. The meter you have should be fine. As far as cold air kits, I've always liked the Anderson power pipe to get the meter out of the engine bay.

CNTLOSE
03-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Now can I go straight to the dyno and get it tuned after I get a new cai or do need to get a different computer or chip or something like that?
Do you guys think I would get much hp difference if I went to a c&l setup, like would it be worth it even though I got a mac one?
And I see mafs that say they are tuned for certain size injectors. How can I tell what mine is?

If you have the MAF from a Cobra it is set all ready for the 24 lb injectors.

evildriver
04-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Sorry for the late reply, but what chip do you guys usually get? And if I got the anderson would I have to change my meter to a shorty meter? I think I read that.

Rick93coupe
04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't see any reason you would need to change your meter. I did see a power pipe on the corral.net yesterday. You might want to check into it.

evildriver
04-12-2009, 09:37 AM
What chip should I get?

2-Tone
04-12-2009, 10:12 AM
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51331

Check that thread out. I think it will answer some of your questions. It is the best deal I have seen.

Rick93coupe
04-12-2009, 11:16 AM
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51331

Check that thread out. I think it will answer some of your questions. It is the best deal I have seen.

SCT all the way. There are plenty of shops who can do it, Ken does have a good deal on the setup right now.

evildriver
04-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I guess I need to check to make sure I don't already have a different chip uh?
Looks like I need a power pipe and SCT. Thanks guys.

evildriver
04-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Ok I'm back. There is two different power pipes. One is larger than the other one. Would it hurt to have the larger one with a 302? I think one is 4" and the other is 3.5". And does it matter about the short one and the longer one? I see alot of guys at the track with the short one so that must mean something uh.

Rick93coupe
04-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Get the one that matches your throttle body the closest if your buying new. You can use any power pipe you want, the idea is just to get the filter out of the hot engine bay and somewhere it can get some fresh cool air.

evildriver
04-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I saw a new abaco 85mm meter on here. What do you think of those?