Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Need some help with I Tunes... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with I Tunes...

69Cobra
03-24-2009, 01:31 PM
I know I'm missing something easy here but feel free to point it out for me. What I'm trying to do is copy my library from my old desk top to my new laptop. I'm wanting to do this for two reasons the first one is so I have my music on my laptop but the second is so I can format my old desk top without loosing all my music. ANYBODY??!!!?!?!?!?!

holeshot
03-24-2009, 03:40 PM
If you have the laptop and your desktop set up on a network then you can just transfer the files with ease, but I dont know how computer savy you are. I think they make crossover cables that you can hook a laptop to a desktop. If you have a CD burner, you can copy all of your music onto CD's...but that would take a lot of CDs, depending on how much music u have. Thumb drives work well too because they are relatively cheap and have a lot of storage space.

If i were u, i would buy an external hard drive and store all of your music files on there. I have a 1TB western digital external drive and i have all my music files and stuff on it. That way I can just plug it into my laptop or desktop and go. I almost have it full with music....close to 1000Gigs! haha.

347sc
03-24-2009, 03:53 PM
I use Yamipod to to take the music off my Ipod and onto my backup hard drive. May work for you.

Ric54
03-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't use iTunes as it has deleted my entire ipod before. I use ImTOO's Ipod transfer software. It will allow severl things that Itunes will not let you do. Just do a search for Imtoo and you should find it. It is not free but it is very reasonable.

bobtsgt
03-24-2009, 05:54 PM
depending on how big it is fine the primary file folder, copy the music files to a flash drive like a USB, plug it into the laptop and extract the files. Repeat if needed. That way you will have the same music files on both computers. Or buy an external hard drive like said above and copy over everything. I bought a 500GB that works great for me.

69Cobra
03-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks guys I'm not very savy so if I ask stupid questions there's a reason for it. haha I'll try to stop by micro center or something and pick up a external hd.

Thanks

Kris

ruby71oh
03-25-2009, 01:05 PM
I don't use iTunes as it has deleted my entire ipod before. I use ImTOO's Ipod transfer software. It will allow severl things that Itunes will not let you do. Just do a search for Imtoo and you should find it. It is not free but it is very reasonable.

I've got a shuffle (2nd gen) and lately everytime I plug it in and go to itunes, I have to restore the whole thing. The last time it happened, I was simply moving songs around. Thought about getting an ipod in hopes that it didn't happen with it.

We too use an external hard drive...not sure what it is but it works!