Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Need some advice [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

blown86lx
03-20-2009, 07:30 PM
I might be trading a guy for a 89 notchback but i dont know if im gonna.

I have a 86 supercharged t-tops lx. Powedyne blower, full msd, 4:10,tko 500 tranny, Full msd with 6al,all hotchkis suspension ported and polished heads,full h-pipe flowmasters and the motor is a 306 forged pistons and rods,chrome cobra wheels

His,89 notch stock bottom end, has a perfomer uppper and lower,aluminum radiator, racing seats, fuel cell, FPR, walbro pump and bbk upper and lowers control arms flowmasters , x-pipe, black cobra wheels, 4:11's .But his whole car needs repainted and it needs a clutch. 98,000 on his

The origonal deal was i keep my blower he keeps his aluminum radiator and his seats and we each keep our wheels. I keep my blower.

Now he wants to keep his guages and his intake. I know it shouldnt be a deal breaker but i think he was getting a pretty good deal the way it was to begin with. My car needs nothing and has more done to it . His needs painted and a clutch. Should i tell him no deal? need some opinions plaease! what do you guys think did the first deal sound good or should i just let him have his intake? Or tell him to shove it up his ass!!

2Kblacksleeper
03-20-2009, 07:37 PM
I vote for the origonal deal.

John

juiced347
03-20-2009, 07:44 PM
I vote just keep your car and drive in delaware for a g2g

66efistang
03-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Original deal...

blk93notch
03-20-2009, 10:06 PM
the origianl deal. he was getting a great deal that way first off.

ibstrokin
03-20-2009, 10:20 PM
It sounds like you should keep your car. Even at the original deal, your coming out on bottom.

Wolvrin704
03-20-2009, 11:20 PM
It sounds like you should keep your car. Even at the original deal, your coming out on bottom.

I agree with this assesment fwiw.

mustangboy
03-20-2009, 11:26 PM
I would much rather have your car than what he has to offer.

Hatchback kid
03-20-2009, 11:29 PM

:agree:

blown86lx
03-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks guys called him and told him the same thing you guys said. He said i was full of shit and i didn't know what i was talking about. I told him i will be getting a car with no seats needs painted and needs a clutch WTF! He said if i cant keep the intake then no deal, i said fine by me i knew even with the original deal i was coming out on bottom but i like coupes more and more every day. But if im gonna let him keep the intake i might as well just tell him to keep the motor and trans also and have the car towed to my driveway:lol: O well i guess ill just keep it unless a better deal comes along!:bigthumb

blown86lx
03-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Ok now for the next question. When or if i sell the bike i will be looking for a set of heads and a intake anyone got anything laying around for me for a decent price? Dont have a whole lot of extra money. Shoot me a pm

blown86lx
03-21-2009, 12:36 AM
He just called me back and said i could have the intake. I told him NO DEAL cause he kinda pissed me off. Now he says he will throw in a king cobra clutch and a set of 30 pound injectors and a matched mass air meter and a rear end gurtle:yup: I told him i could probably work with that deal. Sounds a little better. I know I'm still coming out on bottom but think i might do it. What do you guys think?

BigBadStang
03-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Keep the Four Eye! It sounds like he was out to fuck you from the start...especially if he said "you were full of shit" before.
Why is he suddenly changing his mind now? Because you told him NO, and he was pushing to really bury it in your ass, and is now trying to get the deal done.
You said you like coupes a lot, I understand that, but you also said you don't have much extra cash (lol...who really does?). So why would you take a beating, and still have to invest a few thousand getting the paint/body done, seats, and I'm sure you will find more shit that will need repair.
If he has the clutch, why didn't he put it in already?

Maybe I'm too skeptical of people like this, but I've seen a bunch of guys take a fuckin on deals like this, get frustrated, and in the long run really losing their ass.

If you decide to go through with it, before you tell him "ok", try look at everything objectively, and don't allow your love for coupes cloud your decision. Shit costs too much to simply give it away.

How's life in the big town of Richwood? Does Jack Kirby still own the salvage yard? I grew up around Plain City, and have a ton of family in and around Delaware county. We used to race at Marion County (LaRue) every Saturday night...ahhh the good ol days. :)

juiced347
03-21-2009, 12:51 PM
He just called me back and said i could have the intake. I told him NO DEAL cause he kinda pissed me off. Now he says he will throw in a king cobra clutch and a set of 30 pound injectors and a matched mass air meter and a rear end gurtle:yup: I told him i could probably work with that deal. Sounds a little better. I know I'm still coming out on bottom but think i might do it. What do you guys think?

I still wouldn't do it sounds shady I would just keep the 4 eyed car and keep building it

CNTLOSE
03-21-2009, 01:42 PM
:agree: Keep what you have, he is hiding something. Plus 87-93 coupes are everywhere, 4 eyed t-top cars are not.

Good Luck

blown86lx
03-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Dont go to richwood much i live in the country. Yes jack still ownes the junk yard i get alot of crap from him for next to nothing hes kinda a friend of the family. Im gonna go to larue and run my car to see what she will do sometime soon.

sean
03-21-2009, 09:39 PM
This guy sounds like an ass. I trade in and out of cars all the time. It seems like yours is nice enough to do a straight up for someone wanting to get into a t top. Be patient and get the right deal. I hate swapping out parts to make a deal work. The right one will come along and you can make a better deal.

5.0calypso93lx
03-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't even do it either. Really have to see the coupe though. For whatever reason, a fuel cell in a car like his setup just screams "hacked up" to me.

blown86lx
03-23-2009, 12:45 AM
I got under the car looks pretty clean. It also has steel braided fuel lines. I think i might do it but he is gonna have to through in some seats. I found a guy who used to paint at Honda back in the day who said if i help him he will paint it for $350 if I buy the materials. Also when i drove the car it grinds in every gears when you really rape on it. But when you drive it normal it seems to be fine that could be the clutch right? Or will it need a tranny also?

BigBadStang
03-23-2009, 06:45 AM
I had a T-5 in my 84 GT that did the same thing, and the synchronizers were wasted. If you shifted it normally during casual driving it was fine, but when you tried to shift it at higher RPM's or shift it too fast it would rake going in.

Rick93coupe
03-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Don't do it, your downgrading cars for a trunk lid! That transmission could have been grinding for a long time, may need more than synchros. Not to mention your transmission is better. The guy is pushing for the deal because it's a serious upgrade for him.
If you do, you'll regret it.

Pitbull1052
03-23-2009, 07:27 AM
sounds to me like he thought he had a sucker and then when you checked him on it he took it personally, now he's just tryn to reel you back in.......

1992MustangDW
03-23-2009, 08:04 AM
DON'T DO IT!!!

BigBadStang
03-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Honestly, it sounds like there are just too many ways for you to take a beating on this deal. Be patient, you can find the right deal on the right notch for you.

sean
03-23-2009, 11:52 AM
It looks like the dont do its are winning. Hold off and find the deal where you dont have to ask for advice. I have learned that whenever I need someone else to tell me to do the deal, I already knew it was a bad deal. You know its a good deal to you, when you surprize us with a pic of your new ride....

blown86lx
03-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the imput guys. Bad news though the stang took a shit last night on the ride home from work. Alternator went out had to get her towed home. When we put her up on the flatbed i smelled gas really bad.I looked under it with a falshlilght now i have a fuel line leaking where it bends to go up the firewall:bangwall:

Rick93coupe
03-23-2009, 02:38 PM
At least its a cheap and easy fix!

BigBadStang
03-23-2009, 04:25 PM
At least its a cheap and easy fix!

Yup! Easy fixin! Don't let that less than a $100 repair sway you.