Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Trade For My Cobra....... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Trade For My Cobra.......

93cobra
03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Spread the word please

Will consider the following items to trade for my cobra....

$50K+ invested in my car...all new...item traded must be worth at least $35K

Newer Skid Loader
Dozer
Kubota Mini Excavator
06-09 F350 Crew Cab 6.0
06-09 F450 Crew Cab 6.0
03-04 Cobra
Airplane

"Contractors"....
Pole Building, Stamped Concrete Work / Landscaping / Pond etc...
Open for ideas....:bigthumb

boostanggt
03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Bump for a beautiful car. I have yet to see a cleaner fox. Someone is going to be getting one hell of a car!

93cobra
03-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Bump for a beautiful car. I have yet to see a cleaner fox. Someone is going to be getting one hell of a car!

thanks blake...since there is no cash anywhere...im going to open up some trade options

im hoping i can get a piece of equipment.... going to build a track and lay out my landing strip at the new house this summer. itching to do a little +30A racing ....also before i know it...our little guy will be ready to go chasing 50cc national titles so we'll need a practice compound for him. i want to build my shop / hanger out back too...

you still have a 250f?

Strkdblwn347
03-17-2009, 10:48 PM
any recent pics and additional items added to your car?

93cobra
03-17-2009, 11:02 PM
everything ...& i mean everything minus fuse block & memory drive train tach is bought "i sold my memory tach i had". if i spend a day routing my fuel lines & do a little wiring...the only thing left is to finish is reinstalling some interior parts, finish running brake lines & checking tranny & rear end fluids...add coolant / priming motor & fire up...get alignment / scale & go....

im offering for sale / trade in the 85% assembled state it is in on purpose so a person interested can actually see that everything is new "zero hours" etc... vs running & unknown if its been hot lapped at the track or street raced for a month straight etc...

i want anyone serious to just come see in person....pics don't tell 1/2 the story...etc...

thanks

93cobra
03-17-2009, 11:17 PM
a few shots that i posted in previous umtr thread that i do have on my computer are:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra1-1.jpg

pic from cruise in few years ago before it went under knife...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/93racecar.jpg

93cobra
03-17-2009, 11:22 PM
old tranny
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/tko.jpg

new tranny
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/a6-1.jpg

LOL

boostanggt
03-17-2009, 11:24 PM
No unfortunately I traded it for a quad. I didn't have time to race and this way I can ride with Chris and all my friends. But I miss motocross too much and I saved my gear so I think it's about time for another bike. Let me know if you ever need help building the track or anything.

93cobra
03-17-2009, 11:25 PM
some goof ball chewing on a straw i spotted on my computer while digging for pics....LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/umtr.jpg

boostanggt
03-18-2009, 08:36 AM
some goof ball chewing on a straw i spotted on my computer while digging for pics....LOL

HAHA I didn't know the coupe had ever seen the track :lol:

Holly
03-18-2009, 09:16 AM

You would think! But I am going to run into the same problem selling Twisted Twins. We have well over $50k in it (I have the most of the receipts), but I'll be lucky to get $28k out of it.

Good luck on the sale! Beautiful car!

12seclx
03-18-2009, 10:56 AM

:lol:

McDonald's straws are the best!....:D

slvr87cpe
03-18-2009, 11:05 AM
dude keep it finish it race it lol

Maximus
03-18-2009, 01:31 PM
:lol:

McDonald's straws are the best!....:D

They are!:bigthumb Wendys arent too bad.:lol:

cobradon
03-18-2009, 07:04 PM

U looking at me looking at U.:lol:

Jeepman1991
03-19-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm curious. What does 50k + in a Fox Body GT get you?

What were you going for?

Maximus
03-19-2009, 11:08 AM

What were you going for?

One bad ass ride like Johnnys and this one.....

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/20574445/342597595.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/20574445/342327111.jpg

slvr87cpe
03-19-2009, 11:15 AM
:wstupid::bigthumb

92coupe
03-19-2009, 07:58 PM
One bad ass ride like Johnnys and this one.....

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/20574445/342597595.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/20574445/342327111.jpg

And Johnny's car is a Cobra and not a just a GT, It's well worth what he is asking.

Jeepman1991
03-19-2009, 11:32 PM
That didnt help.

93cobra
03-20-2009, 02:29 PM
That didnt help.

what are you trying to get at mr jeepman....

was trying to get at anything except for:

a quality solid car with top of the line everything from front to back that you can leave the line at 8 grand pulling gears before the front touches down...

pass after pass after pass....with no junk weak link parts...

the nice orig paint rare 93 cobra part of it is just icing on the cake...

there are several chevy monkeys out there with $50k in ugly ass malibus

hate to say bro...my clutch & tranny is worth more than your white sn95 which looks nice

not trying to put your car down...just seems like you are asking a stupid question...

93cobra
03-20-2009, 02:36 PM
We have well over $50k in it (I have the most of the receipts), but I'll be lucky to get $28k out of it.

Good luck on the sale! Beautiful car!

Thanks for the comment Holly...

Who knows...It is what it is...there will always be people who do things right & people who half ass everything or do 75% right and the last 25% half ass which winds up ruining the whole thing in my mind...not saying you have to put 50k in a mustang to "do it right"....just depends on what an individual is happy with & how fast they want to go with what resources...

I just want to buy a 100K airplane & make some low 200mph+ passes over E20 when a stick race is going......"only reason i want to get rid of or i'd be excited as hell to keep around...

Jeepman1991
03-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Why are you being so defensive? No need for name calling or calling out my car.

Its an honest question. I was just trying to understand what you get for putting 50K + in a older car. So to sum up your answer, you get to run the car down the track "pass after pass" and the car never breaks down?

I really was intrigued as to why someone would do such a thing. How do you gauge a value after that?

93cobra
03-20-2009, 02:50 PM

Its an honest question. I was just trying to understand what you get for putting 50K + in a older car. So to sum up your answer, you get to run the car down the track "pass after pass" and the car never breaks down?

I really was intrigued as to why someone would do such a thing. How do you gauge a value after that?

called you mr jeepman because its your screen name & i don't know your real name...

pass after pass or sunday cruise after sunday cruise or tuck in under cover after a fresh coat of wax like anyones hot rod they are excited about owning...

forgot to mention...a 700 horsepower street legal car that i can cruise on a friday night & hit 100mph from a stop in a few seconds on that open on ramp out in the country where i live can be cool too

i had 50k in my last powerstroke pickup truck that lost half its value in 3-4 years...how do any of us gauge a value in any vehicle we own...

people spend $15k on lawn mowers to cut their front yard....

how did you gauge the value of the convertible mustang you bought??

1baddlx
03-20-2009, 04:49 PM
im donating my 2 cents worth,if u get on ebay and look at the average cobra goes for 15 to 20 plus thousand for a stock one....the one that 93 cobra has is defininitely sought after and in my opinon very much worth the money for the simple fact it is nice and has all the nice parts on it as well....if i had the money or the credit i would already own that car...ive spent 10 years worth of pay for several different mustangs and i wished i would kept my black 93 cobra...out of all of the ones ive owned

Mike
03-20-2009, 04:58 PM
It could be worth all the money in the world, but in these economic times, it's all about finding a buyer. There is no loan value, so you have to find someone looking to spend $35k CASH, on a fox body Mustang.

Good luck, but I would plan on keeping it.

93cobra
03-20-2009, 04:59 PM
im donating my 2 cents worth,if u get on ebay and look at the average cobra goes for 15 to 20 plus thousand for a stock one....

mine has 28,000 orig miles too so its not one of those 150,000 mile wrecked 93 cobras turned into race car project etc..

the thing thats the kicker is ....

its not like im in the thing for tens of thousands more than i should be...

i would challenge anyone in the country to build the exact same car...apples to apples as mine..."condition / parts etc..." and not come out $20K+ more than I have in mine... i've noticed many parts that i just bought late last year have went up 25-35% more than i paid...

anyway...i apologize for "johnny's 93 cobra being talked about one more time...i don't mean to sound like i deserve a brownie button for having it...i just wanted to defend myself a little...

93cobra
03-20-2009, 05:07 PM
It could be worth all the money in the world, but in these economic times, it's all about finding a buyer. There is no loan value, so you have to find someone looking to spend $35k CASH, on a fox body Mustang.

Good luck, but I would plan on keeping it.

You know what I say...

"THERES AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT...." MAYBE NOT ANYONE'S FROM CINCINNATI AREA"

Mike
03-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah, throw it on SVTp.com and ebay, and see what people say. I'd say ebay would be your best bet. I think most on Stangbangerz who have $35k to spend on a foxbody, have already built here own.

MWoods26
03-20-2009, 07:16 PM
im donating my 2 cents worth,if u get on ebay and look at the average cobra goes for 15 to 20 plus thousand for a stock one....the one that 93 cobra has is defininitely sought after and in my opinon very much worth the money for the simple fact it is nice and has all the nice parts on it as well....if i had the money or the credit i would already own that car...ive spent 10 years worth of pay for several different mustangs and i wished i would kept my black 93 cobra...out of all of the ones ive owned

I guess you havent looked on ebay in recent months. The "average" 93 cobra could be bought for 10-12k. Most of the ones on ebay right now have been listed over and over again. A MINT bone stock 93 cobra with under 4k miles was having a hard time bring 20k a few weeks back. I have owned a few 93 cobras and I watch the market on these cars very closly (even more so recently because Im looking to buy another one)

1baddlx
03-20-2009, 08:39 PM
i disagree on that no matter what you say a nice 93 cobra like he has for sale is worth every dollar he wants for it,call jegs or summit they will tell u that though economic times are rough we the people still manage to spend money on our cars,i look on ebay all the time as a matter of fact the last 93 cobra i saw on there for 10k had a salvage title,or a bunch of miles.i bid on one not long ago that was a daily driver and it had 200,000 miles and it went for 11,500...this guy on here doesnt have a average cobra look at the pics .....i friend of mine bought a cobra off someone that inherited it and paid 14,000 for it and he put in on ebay and got 18,500....there are buyers out there that want these cars and pay good money for them,u got lowballers out there that want something for nothing,but when it comes to them selling something they want a arm and a leg for it.stock cobra or not i like his car and he shouldnt plan on keeping it long especially if it goes on ebay.

dsmawd350
03-20-2009, 09:29 PM

HOLY SHIT! your sig is wayyyyyy wayyyyy wayyy too big

MWoods26
03-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Dude, I was in no way impling that his car was "average" or not worth his asking price. I would buy it if I hit the lottery. It is BAD ASS. Im just saying YOUR prices are a little off. I look on ebay for 93 cobras EVERY SINGLE DAY. along with a few other sites. Just because they are on there "asking" 15-20k dont mean they are going for 15-20k. I can tell you where at least three or four nice driver quality 93 cobras are right this second in the 9-12k range. I got there numbers if your interested:)

mustang112
03-20-2009, 10:02 PM
wow, beautiful car. well worth the money

93cobra
03-20-2009, 10:43 PM
The "average" 93 cobra could be bought for 10-12k.

Again your forgetting...my price which by the way is not 35k..."i would turn down 35k cash tomorrow"....has nothing to do with the fact that my car is a "93 cobra"...as i said before...that part is icing on the cake...& no one out there could start with a free 5.0 donor car & complete my parts list for under $50k

1baddlx
03-20-2009, 10:57 PM
right on

zippy94
03-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Very nice Cobra, Good Luck,

SMOKE
03-22-2009, 07:35 AM

Again your forgetting...my price which by the way is not 35k..."i would turn down 35k cash tomorrow"....

I'm not in this, I think you have a beautiful car but you may want to change your original post about price/trades... If you are willing to trade something with a value of $35,000.00, why would you not just sell your car outright for $35,000.00 CASH?

Again, I am not really interested in the car I just thought if someone was a buyer, they may be confused as to what you would take straight out in cash!

Good luck with your sale! Someone will be very lucky to have such a beautiful car!

1baddlx
03-22-2009, 07:48 AM
what is the make of them headers u have on that car i dont think ive ever seen them before

93cobra
03-22-2009, 07:58 PM
If you are willing to trade something with a value of $35,000.00, why would you not just sell your car outright for $35,000.00 CASH?

I would only consider trading something that that was worth much more but the other party being in the same situation taking a beating on his/her item too..

Example ...an 07-08' Super Duty...guy paid $55k for year or two ago & now is trying to give away for 35K...etc...If I felt it was mint & a killer deal on his end too...id consider...etc..

I'm surely not going to take a trade on an item that is worth RETAIL $35K Top Dollar..

Im over talking about it anyway...just figured out over the weekend...don't need to make it go in order to get my new toy anyway...It can/will sit in my climate control bag in my garage for as long as it needs to...may just rip it over to the spring cruise in...:bigthumb

93cobra
03-22-2009, 08:08 PM
what is the make of them headers u have on that car i dont think ive ever seen them before

Custom Rob @.... "Rigid Race Cars"...did an unbelievable job on them & then I had them coated! You should see the custom exhaust / x pipe / mufflers he fabbed too! People have no clue the amount of work he has in this car...moly cage / mini tubs / bracing / extra bars / stock height stremlined removable tunnel / solid clutch linkage / billet candlestick bell housing / cross member on sliders / moly core support / anti roll bar / wolf race craft control arms / performance racecraft drop spindals... custom fuel cell / flush battery pocket / trunk floor mods, alum bracing front & rear bumper covers to name a few things...the list never ends...

Maximus
03-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Custom Rob @.... "Rigid Race Cars"...did an unbelievable job on them & then I had them coated! You should see the custom exhaust / x pipe / mufflers he fabbed too! People have no clue the amount of work he has in this car...moly cage / mini tubs / bracing / extra bars / stock height stremlined removable tunnel / solid clutch linkage / billet candlestick bell housing / cross member on sliders / moly core support / anti roll bar / wolf race craft control arms / performance racecraft drop spindals... custom fuel cell / flush battery pocket / trunk floor mods, alum bracing front & rear bumper covers to name a few things...the list never ends...

Whoa, your 666 post!!:eek: Ill end it with that...:lol::flipoff:

tmotorsports
03-24-2009, 11:51 AM

What were you going for?

50K does not get you as much as most people think it should

RyanR
03-24-2009, 01:43 PM
50K does not get you as much as most people think it should

It gets you another car that someone else spent 100k on:lol:

93cobra
03-24-2009, 09:30 PM
It gets you another car that someone else spent 100k on:lol:

theres always stuff out there with anything selling for 50 cents on the dollar but very rarely are those deals 100% brand new with no issues passed on to the next guy to deal with / fix.:bigthumb

69Cobra
03-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Would you just quite trying to get rid of it and finish the damn car....PLEASE!!!!:D I just want to see the thing done!:lol:

69Cobra
03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Look I've got an idear here. I'm going to start a SBZ support group to finish your car and MJ's car. :lol::bigthumb By then Craig should be done with his and everybody will be happy to help me build a car:eek::D

Maximus
03-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Would you just quite trying to get rid of it and finish the damn car....PLEASE!!!!:D I just want to see the thing done!:lol:

:wstupid:

If I wasnt assdeep in my Coupe, Id go get the thing and finish it....But then I would have to drive it quite a few times (about a 100 1/4 mile passes) to make sure its all good. :D

93cobra
03-25-2009, 01:57 PM

haven't "tried" to get rid of it yet:D

chatting about it on stangbangerz means absolutely nothing...

this car like 3 or 4 others ive owned / sold for asking prices over the past 5 years

when talking about those cars on stangbangerz....i got the same kind of reaction..."im way out of line / crazy etc...".... but as soon as i got around to listing on ebay..."gone in less than a week" for sometimes more than asking price

i guess most users on this board have never walked through the pits of an avg nmra or nmca race....what do you think the cheapest "decent" pure street car runs the avg guy....???

anyway kris...im sure i'll finish it...i just have zero interest in it right now...

theres lots of other stuff im going to concentrate on this summer etc...

...i'll sell you my tranny:lol::D

93cobra
03-25-2009, 02:02 PM
:wstupid:

If I wasnt assdeep in my Coupe, Id go get the thing and finish it....But then I would have to drive it quite a few times (about a 100 1/4 mile passes) to make sure its all good. :D

:lol::lol:
id let you make some hits in it for all the help you have already been...:cheers:

93cobra
03-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Looks like the old cobra is going to be for sale as a roller...

I have a serious sale pending on the motor & trans separate...he also may buy fuel system, ignition setup, headers/ exhaust. Will know by next weekend...

12seclx
03-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Looks like the old cobra is going to be for sale as a roller...

I have a serious sale pending on the motor & trans separate...he also may buy fuel system, ignition setup, headers/ exhaust. Will know by next weekend...

very... nice.... Johnny!
:bigthumb

BigBadStang
03-30-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm not a person of any authority around here, but everyone needs to STFU unless they are interested in buying this mans car.

REMEMBER THIS? (http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27604)

Maximus
03-30-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm not a person of any authority around here, but everyone needs to STFU unless they are interested in buying this mans car.

Ehh. Its a free bump for him.:lol:

69Cobra
03-30-2009, 10:20 PM

Dude,
Relax my post was just pokin at Johnny. I'm sure he didn't take it to heart at least I hope not. The bottom line is he has the nicest 93 Cobra I've ever been in contact with and its soooo close to being finished. I personally have been apart of and see so many "projects" get so close and never finished and it always seems to haunt the parties involved in the end (myself included). To me its just personal satisfaction and completing something that you start. In Johnny's defense he has other "loves", flying being very important to him and I understand that. Not to mention getting his new homestead the way he wants it and planning a future for his family. In the end these things are just pieces of metal and I'll stand behind him no matter what he does.

Kris

93cobra
03-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Dude,
Relax my post was just pokin at Johnny. I'm sure he didn't take it to heart at least I hope not. The bottom line is he has the nicest 93 Cobra I've ever been in contact with and its soooo close to being finished. I personally have been apart of and see so many "projects" get so close and never finished and it always seems to haunt the parties involved in the end (myself included). To me its just personal satisfaction and completing something that you start. In Johnny's defense he has other "loves", flying being very important to him and I understand that. Not to mention getting his new homestead the way he wants it and planning a future for his family. In the end these things are just pieces of metal and I'll stand behind him no matter what he does.

Kris

Hey buddy I surely didn't take anything to heart in a negative way that you have said...I apologize if i wasted your time with all your help with my clutch / tranny...makes me feel bad

I appreciate bigbadstang standing up for me too:bigthumb

I had major plans for this car...but to be honest it unfortunately is only pieces of metal to me here lately

It is amusing yet irritating when other douch bags start talking s**t though too...

I'm just pissed that i've wasted so much time & energy screwing with this thing...its honestly been the biggest waste of time i've ever been involved with anything in my whole life...that has me more irritated than the money...i can make more of that tommorrow...but i can't get back all the time wasted....

Maximus
03-31-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm just pissed that i've wasted so much time & energy screwing with this thing...its honestly been the biggest waste of time i've ever been involved with anything in my whole life...that has me more irritated than the money...i can make more of that tommorrow...but i can't get back all the time wasted....

I know what ya mean.:(

BUT HEY! You have a son now, so just remember this FN experience when you are dealing with him. Know that whatever project you start, it will take some time away from him....Im too FN stuborn/stupid to walk away from my pit. I was at the shop working on it tonight and getting ready to do some cuttin. I decided Ill wait till tomorrow....Cars, YAAAaaa:rolleyes:

Anywho, whats the rolling price?:)

STREETRODZ1
03-31-2009, 12:27 AM
Its a killer car man, and the bottom line is it is very expensive to build a top notch car, which you have, and if it is a Cobra or a GT, it is all in what you want. With all the options that are out there, and all the different parts and products available, you can literally spend as much as you want on your ride (50k and up no problem). Some of us just take longer then others to get there, that's all, and others are satisfied with a loud GT with some bolt ons, but for the hardcore, that is only the begining. Did i mention i love COBRAS.

STREETRODZ1
03-31-2009, 12:34 AM
As for Twisted Twins, to only classify that car as a GT is foolish, it also is a top notch Beautiful car, and shows money well spent. It is a mans dream that he spent alot of time and heartache to make come true, people should be lucky you cant count blood, sweat, and tears in the price of a car being sold. Its all about what you want, and if you do decide to sell, and the qaulity is excellent, you will find the right ass for that drivers seat. Just be patient.

BigBadStang
03-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Dude,
Relax my post was just pokin at Johnny...

That's cool. I wasn't slamming you in particular. It just gripes me when someone is trying to sell something, and another starts talking crap about it. Not to mention, that makes it more of a chore to sift through the crap posts for potential buyers to get information.

Good luck in what you decide to do with that awesome 93 Cobra.

5.0calypso93lx
03-31-2009, 07:07 PM
I know what ya mean.:(

BUT HEY! You have a son now, so just remember this FN experience when you are dealing with him. Know that whatever project you start, it will take some time away from him....Im too FN stuborn/stupid to walk away from my pit. I was at the shop working on it tonight and getting ready to do some cuttin. I decided Ill wait till tomorrow....Cars, YAAAaaa:rolleyes:

Maybe at this stage yea, but I LOVED helpin' my dad work on his cars growin' up. I think most of the fun in cars is building them anyway.

93cobra
03-31-2009, 07:25 PM

$20K with out fuel system (magna fuel pro 500 & 4 port reg / msd digital 7 ignition setup / custom coated headers & 3" exhaust / $600 driveshaft with $400 mark williams yoke..etc.. $23K with above listed

Considering there is over $10k in fab work from Rigid
Moly cage
Mini tubs
& about a dozen other cool custom things he did

I have easy $5k in Moser Fab 9" with all the best internals money buys...gundrilled star flanged 38 spline axles...alum center section, spool, 430 gear, wolf racecraft upper & lowers & anti roll bar..etc...

I have easy $10k in new suspension/ brakes...strange coil over 4 corners, strange brakes 4 corners, performance racecraft front drop spindals...flaming river rack, bickel steer shaft / removable wheel, k member / shortened a arms / alumastar wheels / $2500 in finished engine compartment ...manual brake cylinder...custom battery compartment with optima battery / fuel cell /charging posts in fuel door / steeda caster cambers../ alum rad / custom moly core support../ custom alum bracing front & rear bumper covers....pro comp gauges everthing...pro kirkey seats all flawless interior etc.....the list never ends....

If I can't get $5k credit for it being a flawless rust free orig 28,000 mile 93 cobra with all svt certs...etc..as the core to start with...its not worth a penny...

Without advertising on NMRA board, through word of mouth from B.E.S. & a couple pure street guys I know, I already have a well known real streat & hot street racer wanting to drive to my place with cash / trailer...even though they both already have cars....if they don't pan out...Im either parting the whole car out or advertising that on all the nationwide boards.. etc..

1badasp
04-01-2009, 10:47 AM
I posted on corral to a guy that was looking to trade fo a 93 cobra for ya...

gl with getting it done

93cobra
04-01-2009, 01:08 PM
I posted on corral to a guy that was looking to trade fo a 93 cobra for ya...

gl with getting it done

thanks bro!...prob not the 93 cobra he's lookin for but definitely appreciate it:bigthumb

Timido
04-01-2009, 03:39 PM
That is one nice car. How much cage is in that? Do you have the Evac pump stuff or did that go with the motor?

Stangman
04-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I still remember drooling over a certain black cobra at Rigid... mann... that thing is sweeeeeeet!

Holly
04-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Its an honest question. I was just trying to understand what you get for putting 50K + in a older car.

Vinny got years of enjoyment out of building his car. He got to hang out with his bestest friends on dreary days, hanging out in the garage, it was more of a project/hobby for him. He met some great people while he was building that car, people he would have never met otherwise. He made new friends, and more importantly, got to spend good quality time with his real friends. I can't tell you how many times he would tell me during the week "do you care if I spend the weekend in the garage working on my car, so and so is coming over to help". He wanted to have the fastest, baddest ride on the street. It's really a crying shame that he finished it one month before he passed away, he never got to race it. He did take it for a few trips around town, right Paul? :lol: FIYAH FIYAH!

I always looked at it like this... he could have had a lot worse habits. He did nothing, but spend time with his daughter, with me, his family up north, and work on that car, for 4 straight years. Yeah, he drank beer every now with his buddies, but that was the extent of it. All those years of scrimping and saving and spending every extra dollar we had on that car paid off (in my opinion) - it's a beautiful car, that Craig put the finishing touches on for him. I hope to see it go to a good home someday SOON, to somebody that will appreciate and drive it like Vinny wanted it to be driven.

If you don't understand after that explanation, you never will. ;)

Sorry to hijack your thread guy.

93cobra
04-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread guy.

:(are you kidding me...would never think that...i remember like yesterday pulling into blue rock road cruise in "i think 04'..."...didn't know a single person just heard there was a mustang cruise in...vinny was the first guy to go above & beyond & out of his way to make me feel welcome etc & compliment my cobra...i remember leaving that day thinking..."that dude was cool as hell!"...my other fond memory of vinny was at the calvelcade when we bull crapped about how excited craig & i was to have g5r's on order & how i was stoked to be getting work done at rigid...etc..& how cool that upcoming season would be... at that point...i was ready to jump into mustang scene head over heals / buy a matching black dually / enclosed trailer...do the whole thing...like i did moto x at pro level..."well my car sat at rigid for almost a year & half & probably 500 phone calls & the intrest started to spiral downward ..."by the time i got it back...i was half over it especially since i had took on my passion for flying / getting pilot license etc/ while my car (along with a small fortune in parts) sat in williamsburg on the other side of town out of sight out of mind. i was litteraly sick to my stomach for months never at ease...wondering if i was getting ripped off??...if rigid was going out of business??...if i'd drive out there one day and the doors be locked??...i was begininng to think the worse...& i thought what the hell did i get myself into... etc.. on top of that, by the time my car came back to me...i was a few months shy of being a dad & started a beautiful new home project....i guess unlike vinny's most fond memories of working on his car...my memories of this car are almost like a curse that took over the few great memories i did have in the car before going under the knife...end result...no sentimental value whatsoever...:(

93cobra
04-01-2009, 08:45 PM
That is one nice car. How much cage is in that? Do you have the Evac pump stuff or did that go with the motor?

thanks tim..

i've priced it a few ways...with / without certain things...i should know what is going on next week or so... its amazing...just little things are "$1k here, $1k there...speaking of little stuff like vac pump, crank trigger, msd digital 7/coil, fuel pump/reg...etc...its either a 10pt or 12 pt...cage i honestly would have to go count...i forget..x'd doors, extra bars here & there...i believe what would be a more radical than avg 8.50 cert cage etc..

93cobra
04-05-2009, 07:58 PM
fenders & bumper cover back on today..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra004.jpg

Timido
04-05-2009, 08:18 PM
That car looks so nice. I am sure someone will be very happy with it.

93cobra
04-05-2009, 08:25 PM
thanks tim...i will be happier with this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/scaled_50f6_800x600_258019-IMG_1102.jpg

kennebellcobra
04-05-2009, 08:51 PM

That is one beutiful car Johnny...wish I had the money.

93cobra
04-05-2009, 09:02 PM
thanks buddy...you are one of a few who understands what it takes to put a car like this together...i drool over your cobra everytime i see it too!! good luck with umtr this year!

69Cobra
04-06-2009, 06:55 AM
DAYUM!!! Lookin' AWESOME DUDE!!!

Camaro86SHOCKER
04-06-2009, 11:51 PM
I saw that car down at rigid a few times and i must say its absolutely gorgeous. I really dont understand why people are having a hard time believeing the money you put into that. I bet if people really tallied up what goes into a race car of that stature they wouldnt be saying that. I have alot of do it yourself stuff in my camaro and i have WAY too much money in it, but ive kept every reciept ive spent on it since i was 15, now im 24. It went from my daily driver to my race car. I think your car is stunning and i wish there was a way i could afford it. I hope the car stays local cause id love to see it up and running. Honestly i think 50k for it as a complete car is a steal.

93cobra
04-07-2009, 10:38 AM
I saw that car down at rigid a few times and i must say its absolutely gorgeous. I really dont understand why people are having a hard time believeing the money you put into that.

Thanks for the comments...

A lot of people out there are strokers...the kicker is...with how much prices have been going up on all these parts....it would cost 15%+ more to put together now than what it cost me over the past 2 years...:lol::bigthumb

RACEME
04-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Just saw the big picture if it at cincy speed. Like everyone else...I wish

Mongoose
04-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Damn Johnny, I never realized how beautiful your Cobra was. We talked a little bit about it when you delivered your Featherlite to me. Best sight unseen purchase I've ever made......so lookers don't fret, this is one honest and stand up young man. Good luck in your endeavors, Johnny.

93cobra
04-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Damn Johnny, I never realized how beautiful your Cobra was. We talked a little bit about it when you delivered your Featherlite to me. Best sight unseen purchase I've ever made......so lookers don't fret, this is one honest and stand up young man. Good luck in your endeavors, Johnny.

I really appreciate your friendly comments & hope the trailer has been working well for you. Take care!:bigthumb

Maximus
04-07-2009, 10:18 PM

Now how cool would a 4V engine in there be? I know where you can get a Brand new one.:)