Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hoosier drag radials on the street [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hoosier drag radials on the street

beefcake
03-14-2009, 06:14 PM
They are dot legal 18inch. I'd really like to swap b4 heading to Edgewater tomorrow. Think they are ok?

I've always run Nittos n bfgs with no probs

dsmawd350
03-14-2009, 06:17 PM
UH yeah.... ive driven around on ET DRAGS shouldnt be a problem

Blackpony
03-14-2009, 07:11 PM
I have a friend that works for Hoosier and asked him a while ago about street tires and i believe he said they didn't make any.

dsmawd350
03-14-2009, 07:14 PM
He's asking if its ok to drive his hoosier drag radials on the street, not if they make any street tires...........

SN95N/A
03-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Its okay to drive on them as long as they have tread lines,Got pulled over for my bfg's and they had enough tread to b approved for street and didnt geta ticket ,I dont like driving w/ my drag radials on because they pick up every little thing in the road..rocks etc.

Blackpony
03-14-2009, 07:22 PM
He's asking if its ok to drive his hoosier drag radials on the street, not if they make any street tires...........

Sry wrong forum. I have a dual screen and it went to the wrong side...

dsmawd350
03-14-2009, 07:23 PM
yeah maybe you need to be a little more specific...what aspect are you worried about ? stability, treadwear, legality, ? LOL we need a little more info

Timido
03-14-2009, 08:35 PM
The are fine they wont wear like Nittos but they will hook 100% more than Nittos

Silver Bullet
03-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry... not apropriate for this thread.

Maximus
03-14-2009, 10:34 PM
I have a friend that works for Hoosier and asked him a while ago about street tires and i believe he said they didn't make any.

he must be a Janitor. :lol: The make some really cool Street Tires.:bigthumb

beefcake
03-15-2009, 06:51 AM
he must be a Janitor. :lol: The make some really cool Street Tires.:bigthumb

lol,

the tires do say "not intended for street use", but i too have run et streets and the like on the street, i was curious if anyone had any experience with the hoosier drag radials since they are fairly new

i already swapped my other wheels and tires for today so i don't have to mess with it, pretty stoked, been six months since i was able to run

aperacer
03-15-2009, 07:21 AM
terry... we have a guy with a corvette that is one of the shop cars at McCluskey's that runs them.. but he said there was no way he would run them on the street... he has previously ran M.T. and Nittos... but said there was no way he would run them on the street... said for him the side wall was to soft and even when at the track said the felt like shit at the big end...but said they hook like a mofo...he is a little differant and is one of those GE engineer types....

beefcake
03-15-2009, 05:33 PM
terry... we have a guy with a corvette that is one of the shop cars at McCluskey's that runs them.. but he said there was no way he would run them on the street... he has previously ran M.T. and Nittos... but said there was no way he would run them on the street... said for him the side wall was to soft and even when at the track said the felt like shit at the big end...but said they hook like a mofo...he is a little differant and is one of those GE engineer types....

well, i did it, they felt pretty good to me on the street,

ask tony, but i thought they were fine, they actually felt great at the track, of course mine are 18", so there isn't a ton of sidewall on them

mustang8998
03-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Sorry... not apropriate for this thread.

Aw, come on man, let it fly! :lol:

Silver Bullet
03-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Aw, come on man, let it fly! :lol:

It will... just waiting for the right time.:mad:

Maximus
03-15-2009, 09:58 PM
It will... just waiting for the right time.:mad:

It wont do any good. Just chalk it up as a learning experience.