Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Coming Soon... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Coming Soon...

cstreu1026
03-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Looks like we may see the return of e-check.
http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/E-Check-May-Return-To-Ohio/3z0j48FBgUyWcV5arKzYhg.cspx

Blackpony
03-05-2009, 01:40 PM
shit i hope not. I doubt my car would pass.

Foxxx5oh
03-05-2009, 01:43 PM
BULLSHIT!

Lt. Dangle
03-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Welp, looks like I'll be throwing collectors tags on my junk, and some rubbing alcohol in the daily. FUCK.

E-check is the stupidest shit ever.

BigBadStang
03-05-2009, 02:25 PM
When will they learn, that the amount of failing cars don't amount to squat. It's obviously just a money grab, or a thinly disguised tax, nothing more. The E-check will have next to no impact per dollar spent.

Hamilton and Butler counties have roughly 854,000 registered passenger cars.
With an E-check costing $20 every other year, that averages out to about $8.5 million a year just in Hamilton, and Butler counties...TOTAL BULLSHIT.

MrsAPE
03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
^Yep...what he said!

winner70ta
03-05-2009, 07:36 PM
What a load! It seems that they indicate that the air is getting cleaner but not cleaner fast enough, according to federal regulators? Seems that with the bad economy the last thing that we need is one more thing to pay for that was not succesful in the first place.

mustang8998
03-05-2009, 07:59 PM
When will they learn, that the amount of failing cars don't amount to squat. It's obviously just a money grab, or a thinly disguised tax, nothing more. The E-check will have next to no impact per dollar spent.

Hamilton and Butler counties have roughly 854,000 registered passenger cars.
With an E-check costing $20 every other year, that averages out to about $8.5 million a year just in Hamilton, and Butler counties...TOTAL BULLSHIT.

But, the counties only get a portion, of that money. Still a lot of money, though. The EPA is who's behind it, not the county.

What a load! It seems that they indicate that the air is getting cleaner but not cleaner fast enough, according to federal regulators? Seems that with the bad economy the last thing that we need is one more thing to pay for that was not succesful in the first place.

Yeah, lots of unemployed folks will have to fork over more, of what they don't have.

dsmawd350
03-05-2009, 08:16 PM
creates a few more jobs though :dunno:

still dont like the idea though id have to do collector plates too i guess

Silver Bullet
03-05-2009, 08:32 PM
creates a few more jobs though :dunno:

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Mista Bone
03-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Feds are using data that is six years old........

BigBadStang
03-06-2009, 09:36 AM
But, the counties only get a portion, of that money. Still a lot of money, though. The EPA is who's behind it, not the county...

I know this. I was only using the registered vehicle count in the 2 local counties to show how large and insane this TAX is. :) Whether it is on a federal (EPA) level, state, or local, it's another tax we can't afford, not to mention the shear aggravation and bullshit involved in driving to the testing center, having an inept moron redneck your car on the rollers, then trekking to the wonderfully pleasant and cheery folks at the BMV.:mad:

facemelter71
03-06-2009, 10:33 AM
I hate fuckin e-check.Its a freakin joke.They have to spend our money to open NEW locations since the old ones were sold for mechanic shops.On top of that,I dont know to many people with a CAREER at E-check.

beefcake
03-06-2009, 10:37 AM
i'd rather just fork over the extra 20 when i get my plates for an "epa" fund