Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
speed shop going in N.R.O. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : speed shop going in N.R.O.

cobrajoe
02-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Anybody heard about that? Heard it was going to be called River City Speed Co. or something like that.

Wonder if it's the Emerson boys again?

Holly
02-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Where at? I haven't heard anything about it yet, and Hoss usually keeps me up-to-date on the NR gossip. ;)

cobrajoe
02-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Where could it go? I know the ice house is vacant. Is that building down on Cobra road where the boat place was vacant? That's the only two spot I can think of. Cool name though.

plated
02-23-2009, 08:10 PM
i doubt another speedshop will survive in this economy :mad:

bobtsgt
02-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Don't think so. I'm pretty sure Travis is happier doing the family thing and I doubt Bob would really mess around with another speed shop. But you never know...

2Kblacksleeper
02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Don't think so. I'm pretty sure Travis is happier doing the family thing and I doubt Bob would really mess around with another speed shop. But you never know...

Is this refering to the old Speed Freaks guys Travis and Bob?

I'm just courious. I used to stop in and talk to those guy before i had my first v-8. His white mustang is what really got me into these cars. Why did his old speed shop close down? I'm not trying to start anything, i just never did hear why.

John

bobtsgt
02-23-2009, 09:01 PM
they just wanted to get out of it. It was fun while it lasted but I believe Travis wanted to spend more time at home and get into something different. And I don't think Bob wanted to do it without him. When they went out they had some real low prices on everything. I missed it though.

2Kblacksleeper
02-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the back ground story. I spent a fair amount of time at his shop when it was behind subway there in Withemsville. It was like not even a half a mile from my house. Travis was always good to me. Even before i spent any money in his shop he would take the time to explain things. I know Bob had his computer business also.

John

Stangman
02-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Same here, everytime I'd walk in the guy at the counter was always asking me about my '94 and how I liked it, and where it started to come alive at... etc.

Bought my first speed part from them. A Hurst short throw for the '94. I'm glad I sold it! :lol:

I love my B&M Pro Ripper sooo much better!

2Kblacksleeper
02-23-2009, 11:55 PM
The first part i bought off him was Red Line watter wetter. It was for the intercooler of my gone but never forgotten 2000 Lightning.

The reason i bought the Lightning over a mustang was that insurance on the stang was going to be like 325 a month. On the Lightning it was 120.00. That was a huge difference. Also being a big guy, the truck had more room.

John

cobrajoe
02-24-2009, 03:46 AM
Yeah I talk to Travis and he claims it's not him. So who knows. My mom has not heard anything yet, she works at Village hall, and they have not had any notifications. Yet.:confused:

slvr87cpe
02-24-2009, 12:32 PM
there is a new place going in on 125 near bethel could this be the one everyone is thinking of but i beleive it is going to be more geared towards dirt track cars ???

2Kblacksleeper
02-24-2009, 01:26 PM
I have herd that also about the store that is opening close to Bethel.

Hell i think its even open now, I drove by there on friday and they were all leaving and they left the open light on.....

John

Maximus
02-24-2009, 01:38 PM
there is a new place going in on 125 near bethel could this be the one everyone is thinking of but i beleive it is going to be more geared towards dirt track cars ???

L&M performance. They do mostly Dirt stuff. Some trailers also.

Lonnies son has a place out in Hammersville that sells some performance stuff.

Stangman
02-24-2009, 01:40 PM
L&M performance. They do mostly Dirt stuff. Some trailers also.

Lonnies son has a place out in Hammersville that sells some performance stuff.

Richie Automotives old building right?

Foxxx5oh
02-24-2009, 02:16 PM
yeah, i think, the place is called race it again parts. i stopped in about a month ago and they have decent prices and also carry used stuff too

cobrajoe
02-24-2009, 05:30 PM

No. I'm pretty sure that I heard in New Richmond. But for the life of me I can on think of a couple places it could go. Have not heard anything else so who knows.