PDA

View Full Version : Buddy LaRosa bought our groceries

USMCPONY
02-20-2009, 04:09 AM
The other day while I was at work my girlfriend and her Mother went grocery shopping at Kroger's in Western Hills. Both of them had a cart of their own and was almost finished shopping. Almost forgetting a few things on the list they both go to the canned good aisle. While my girlfriend was reaching up to grab two jars of La Rosa'a pizza sauce a man approached her and her mom from the end of the aisle. My girl friend recognized him immediately as Buddy La Rosa. He looked in the cart and said is this your cart because I would like to buy your groceries? She said yes it is and that wont be necessary but thank you. You have no idea how much we eat at La Rosa's. He said I take care of the people who take care of me and I insist. Please let me buy your groceries. He followed them to the register and handed the cashier the money for the groceries. Total of $320.00 for both carts. I thought that was very generous of him. Not very common in this day and age.

Mista Bone
02-20-2009, 04:19 AM
That is why most older businessmen are great. He supports local sports as well as other community events.

Random acts of kindness, pass it along. I can't think of the country music video about this.

bobtsgt
02-20-2009, 07:21 AM
oh wow that is awesome. I've heard he is a very nice guy and this just proves that further.

306Power
02-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Nice guy indeed, My Grandpa had a chance to get into business with him in the 60's as they knew each other. What a mistake it was not to.

MrsAPE
02-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Nice!

BigBadStang
02-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Buddy is a good man. I used to deliver Coke to the corporate office at Glenway and Boudinot. Every week I had to take 2 cases of the 8oz glass bottles of Coke to his office. If he wasn't on the phone, he would keep me there for 15 minutes talking!
He always gave me coupons and freebie coupons for taking good care of him...you didn't dare turn him down though, he would get very insistent that you take whatever it was he offered.
Good man indeed.

Blackpony
02-20-2009, 08:53 AM
That was very generous of him

Holly
02-20-2009, 09:38 AM
That's awesome! I always buy the LaRosa's sauce in the stores to make spaghetti, or put over tortellini or ravioli. It's good stuff.

facemelter71
02-20-2009, 09:40 AM
mmmmmmm.Im hungry.

PONYGRL
02-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Mmmm me too. I always make hoagies and use the sauce. I wish someone like that would buy my groceries cuz I am broke! That is awesome though.

Black Horse
02-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Waaayy back when I was working at a Service Station (remeber those?) in Western Hills, Buddy would stop in for a fill-up. We always washed the windshield and checked the oil (did it for everyone), Buddy used to get out of the car to buy himself a
soda and always bought one for us as well. Super nice guy!

cstreu1026
02-20-2009, 10:15 AM
If you see him again tell him to open more stores in teh Dayton area. I can't get it delivered to my house. :(

Sharad
02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
wow. Nice guy. That's cool. I heard a story on K-Love this week that one of those fatcat bank presidents retired not too long ago and his severance or whatever was like 60M. He divided it up between like 200 current and former employees of his bank. I think they said it was in Florida.

Generosity is one way humans express godliness. It is a good goal to aspire to.

replicobra
02-20-2009, 10:32 AM
it's great to see people who care. i feel what goes around comes around. apparently he does too.

Walter
02-20-2009, 11:23 AM
:rolleyes:

Black92LX
02-20-2009, 11:29 AM
I love to hear stories like this. It gets me away from the gloom and doom that the media preaches.

Read a story last week about a high school basketball player whose mother passed away. So initially he wasn't going to play in a game while tending to his mother's memorial. Well he ended up deciding to play at the last minute. The coach was unable to get his name on some game day roster and due to the state high school rules this gave them a technical foul.
The player from the other team took the line to prepare for the technical free throws. He just tossed the ball a couple feet in front of him for both shots. Then walked over to the other player gave him a hug and stated that for your mother.

I love stories of people doing things to help their fellow man from the goodness of thier heart with no strings attached.

Jaylynn
02-20-2009, 11:31 AM
That' really cool - random acts of kindness!!

Stangman
02-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Wow, Sounds like a really cool fella

firestang70
02-20-2009, 12:31 PM
When I was a bartender at Zips years ago, he would come in for lunch every once in awhile. He always tipped well.

Jaylynn
02-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Mmmm.... ZIPS - yummy - we just went there a few weeks ago - has to be the best hamburger in town!

Silver Bullet
02-21-2009, 08:50 AM
I love to hear stories like this. It gets me away from the gloom and doom that the media preaches.

Read a story last week about a high school basketball player whose mother passed away. So initially he wasn't going to play in a game while tending to his mother's memorial. Well he ended up deciding to play at the last minute. The coach was unable to get his name on some game day roster and due to the state high school rules this gave them a technical foul.
The player from the other team took the line to prepare for the technical free throws. He just tossed the ball a couple feet in front of him for both shots. Then walked over to the other player gave him a hug and stated that for your mother.

I love stories of people doing things to help their fellow man from the goodness of thier heart with no strings attached.

I agree totally! Thanks for sharing the good stories guys!:)

NaomiDstangLvr
02-21-2009, 01:43 PM
The other day while I was at work my girlfriend and her Mother went grocery shopping at Kroger's in Western Hills. Both of them had a cart of their own and was almost finished shopping. Almost forgetting a few things on the list they both go to the canned good aisle. While my girlfriend was reaching up to grab two jars of La Rosa'a pizza sauce a man approached her and her mom from the end of the aisle. My girl friend recognized him immediately as Buddy La Rosa. He looked in the cart and said is this your cart because I would like to buy your groceries? She said yes it is and that wont be necessary but thank you. You have no idea how much we eat at La Rosa's. He said I take care of the people who take care of me and I insist. Please let me buy your groceries. He followed them to the register and handed the cashier the money for the groceries. Total of $320.00 for both carts. I thought that was very generous of him. Not very common in this day and age.

How come shit like that can't happen to me?!? :lol:

Timido
02-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Cool Guy.

Goldenpony
02-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Very cool story. I wish all businessmen were as appreciative toward their customers.

PonymanfiveO
02-22-2009, 12:51 PM
I worked with a crazy mofo at Coke that thought Buddy Larosa was trying to have him killed. :lol:

Pizza sounds good, how about a SBZ Larosas night!?

Timido
02-22-2009, 01:11 PM
I worked with a crazy mofo at Coke that thought Buddy Larosa was trying to have him killed. :lol:

I lova da pie

BigBadStang
02-22-2009, 01:23 PM

It wasn't Applegate was it? :lol: :lol:

MrsAPE
02-22-2009, 08:02 PM

That does sound good. We'd be in if not working!
Al just left to get us a 'party pack' from Little Greasers!

95redstang
02-22-2009, 08:26 PM
It wasn't Applegate was it? :lol: :lol:

Applegate..lol..:lol:
I think it was TJ over in production..Dude's not right..:lol:

beefcake
02-22-2009, 10:44 PM
yep, thats cool

i grew up 3 doors down from his brother, lived there about 20 years, his brother still does but i'd be scared to death now

USMCPONY
02-23-2009, 03:54 AM
i'd be scared to death now

:chicken:shit

beefcake
02-23-2009, 09:33 AM
:chicken:shit

it's the fricking ghetto down there now,

gunshots and $hit all the time

i'll pass lol

bkstang95
02-23-2009, 06:18 PM
That is awesome to hear! There should be a segment on the news everyday where they say nothing but stuff like this instead of the entire show being on how negative everything is and how there is no hope for anything/anyone.

Mista Bone
02-23-2009, 06:26 PM
La Rosa's: The Musical

CNTLOSE
02-23-2009, 06:54 PM
I order their pizza so much I received a hand signed Christmas card from LaRosa...my wife still won't let me live it down. I think I might order a pizza right now!

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Very cool of him. I may just go out and order some LaRosa's now :D