Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats better directv or dish network [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : whats better directv or dish network

93cobra
02-18-2009, 09:57 PM
alright...moved into new house...finally done after 6 months of bs...need satelite for tv...had time warner cable where we lived last & i will never spend another penny with them if i can help it...

whats it going to be...direct or dishnetwork... im sure they both try bending you over every chance they get:rolleyes:

anyone on here work in this field to sell me a package..?? i called both today on the phone & they both desperately talked the other down & tried pushing me into signing up when i barely was clear what i get for what money

i need 3 HD receivers at least 2 of the 3 with dvr...

let me know
thanks in advance
johnny k

PonymanfiveO
02-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Television is for the weak....go to the garage.

Holly
02-18-2009, 10:05 PM
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35881&highlight=dish+network

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34915&highlight=dish+network

:bigthumb

93cobra
02-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Television is for the weak....go to the garage.

:lol:i agree...when i do finally cash in for the night every once in a while ...i do like pulling up my moto x races on dvr :bigthumb

the garage can become overated quick too....now go to the airport & take off....:cool2:...you'd be trading in the pony car....;)

93cobra
02-18-2009, 10:15 PM
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35881&highlight=dish+network

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34915&highlight=dish+network

:bigthumb

all hell...looks like im a little late on this topic:dummy::dummy:...sweet thanks for the links

IWRBB
02-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Dish DVR=Ferrari
Tivo DVR= 6 cyl Mustang
DirecTV DVR=Horse and buggy

The only reason I'd pick Direct over Dish is Direct sends Cincy locals in HD over the sat, Dish doesn't yet. I use an antenna and get my local HD that way. After using both, Dish blows Direct out of the water when it comes to the DVR and the way it functions, no comparison AT ALL. The newest Dish DVR will have Sling built into it and a TB of storage.

93cobra
02-18-2009, 10:35 PM
damn...im all confused....the other links were leaning big times towards direct...a few swear on dish...

12seclx
02-18-2009, 10:54 PM
I agree with IWRBB... Dish blows Direct out of the water...

7721Cobra
02-19-2009, 03:41 AM
I love directv...NFL ticket!!!!

IWRBB
02-19-2009, 06:52 AM
damn...im all confused....the other links were leaning big times towards direct...a few swear on dish...

It all depends on if you get a DVR or not. If so, get Dish. If not, get either one. There is that big of a difference.

93cobra
02-19-2009, 09:42 AM
It all depends on if you get a DVR or not. If so, get Dish. If not, get either one. There is that big of a difference.

dvr is about the only tv i watch....

cstreu1026
02-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Dish has way better customer service as well.

beefcake
02-19-2009, 10:39 AM
i liked dish when i had it and loved their dvr compared to my time warner

93 coupe
02-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Direct Tv is a good choice! I love the Dvr's! :)

Holly
02-19-2009, 12:05 PM

I have two DVRs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room (I can tape 4 shows at once). :lol: I have been with Direct TV for 10 years now, love it. Cheap, great customer service, and rarely do I not get a signal. It's $45 a month for me (with both DVR services, no movie channels).

5.0calypso93lx
02-19-2009, 12:24 PM
From having both, Dish Network sucks balls. I got so sick of seeing the damn commercials advertising their own service, even though we already had it. DirecTV ftw! NEVER had a problem with DirecTV's customer service. Dish had good customer service as well, but used it wayy too much with problems.

04 Venom
02-19-2009, 12:29 PM
FWIW I just dropped DirecTV after 4 years because of billing problems and poor customer service in resolving them. The concept of customer service seems to be lost on many companies.

12seclx
02-19-2009, 12:47 PM
FWIW I just dropped DirecTV after 4 years because of billing problems and poor customer service in resolving them. The concept of customer service seems to be lost on many companies.

x2... DirecTV just seemed like a bunch of weasels... not to say Dish isn't.... I just think Dish is the better route to go...

DirecTV=v6 mustang (automatic)
Dish= gt500 cobra...

:lol:

WhiteT
02-19-2009, 01:56 PM
I've had Dish, cable and Direct.

Direct TV all the way.

IWRBB
02-19-2009, 04:02 PM
I have two DVRs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room (I can tape 4 shows at once). :lol: I have been with Direct TV for 10 years now, love it. Cheap, great customer service, and rarely do I not get a signal. It's $45 a month for me (with both DVR services, no movie channels).

Weak sauce! :) My single Dish DVR can record 4 shows at once, all in HD. 2 over the satellite, 2 over the air. It will feed a second TV as well, if you want, controlled with a wireless remote. All that happens though one lowly coax cable. Let's see Direct do that. They need about 8 cables to get HD to work LOL..

I'm really suprised anyone who has used a Dish DVR and a Direct DVR would *ever* recommend Direct. I suspect those people have only used older model DVRs. The very lastest HD DVR from both companies- I've used and abused, and there is no comparison at all. It's all 99% the same programming on both, but Direct has the NFL ticket though, I'll give them that.

93cobra
02-19-2009, 09:23 PM
went with dish network...i don't watch enough tv to be annoyed with the commercials everyone is talking about.

what sealed the deal for me was...direct tv was only offering me 1 free HD DVR receiver and wanting to charge me $100 each for 2 more i need even though i was going with their 2nd highest package.???

dish is giving me 1 HD DVR receiver which will take care of 2 tvs & another HD receiver for my 3rd tv...all for free. plus me mentioning a pilot buddy's name as a referel...i get $30 off my first month's bill & he gets $50 credit

all in all...im getting all equip free, more channels / local channels for about $15 per month less than direct with less channels and $200 up front equip leasing costs...

Timido
02-19-2009, 10:07 PM
I have the dish HD 2 chanel DVR and I love it. I have it hooked up to 2 TVs you can record 2 shows while you watch a recorded show. I love to skip comercials.

93cobra
02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
I have the dish HD 2 chanel DVR and I love it. I have it hooked up to 2 TVs you can record 2 shows while you watch a recorded show. I love to skip comercials.

glad to hear you have it & are satisfied...i know you do things right:bigthumb

Blonde_5.0
02-20-2009, 01:34 PM
I love my directtv.... I have never had a problem wityh them and they are always more than will to work... I love their DVR service too... I have no complaints. I will stay with them

Goldenpony
02-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Call me a lone voice in the wilderness, but I like my Time Warner Cable.
I've had both Direct TV and DISH. Direct was OK, but DISH made me a better offer. We hated DISH Network from day one. Every time it rained, snowed or the wind blew, we lost signal. The DVR box was the most user un-friendly I have ever used. We had lots of equipment problems. I have zero problems with Time Warner.
Lots of my friends have DISH and they like it. I like my cable. :D

beefcake
02-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Call me a lone voice in the wilderness, but I like my Time Warner Cable.
I've had both Direct TV and DISH. Direct was OK, but DISH made me a better offer. We hated DISH Network from day one. Every time it rained, snowed or the wind blew, we lost signal. The DVR box was the most user un-friendly I have ever used. We had lots of equipment problems. I have zero problems with Time Warner.
Lots of my friends have DISH and they like it. I like my cable. :D

I do like the time warner that i have now as well.

My only complaint though would actually be the DVR capacity.

It has no where near the capacity that the dish dvr had

NaomiDstangLvr
02-23-2009, 10:44 AM
alright...moved into new house...finally done after 6 months of bs...need satelite for tv...had time warner cable where we lived last & i will never spend another penny with them if i can help it...

whats it going to be...direct or dishnetwork... im sure they both try bending you over every chance they get:rolleyes:

anyone on here work in this field to sell me a package..?? i called both today on the phone & they both desperately talked the other down & tried pushing me into signing up when i barely was clear what i get for what money

i need 3 HD receivers at least 2 of the 3 with dvr...

let me know
thanks in advance
johnny k

Well I'm not sure, but we have Direct TV.

mach_u
02-23-2009, 11:18 AM
I do like the time warner that i have now as well.

My only complaint though would actually be the DVR capacity.

It has no where near the capacity that the dish dvr had
Dude, it's super easy to expand the DVR space. You buy an external hard drive with an esata port and, plug it in, do a little configuring and you are good to go. :bigthumb

RIXXX93GT
02-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Is a land line necessary to use Dish or Direct TV still? I know you used to have to have one for programming updates or something.

cstreu1026
02-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Weak sauce! :) My single Dish DVR can record 4 shows at once, all in HD. 2 over the satellite, 2 over the air. It will feed a second TV as well, if you want, controlled with a wireless remote. All that happens though one lowly coax cable. Let's see Direct do that. They need about 8 cables to get HD to work LOL.

Thats where all my problems with Direct started. In the end I had almost $1000 tired up with them until I finally got them to refund it almost 3 months later.

mustangcwm
02-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Is a land line necessary to use Dish or Direct TV still? I know you used to have to have one for programming updates or something.

We recently got dish because you don't have to have a land line.

Blonde_5.0
02-23-2009, 03:14 PM
We recently got dish because you don't have to have a land line.

I have direct tv and don't have land line...for dvr right?

93cobra
03-03-2009, 11:06 PM
well...dish network came out & installed everything today....

hate to say but their High Def quality sucks!!!!

Time Warner's HD picture was night & day better....

I may as well throw my $4k worth of 1080p tvs out in the back yard & go take my grandma's tv off her hands....

I had no idea satelite HD is this bad....

Like everything else....junk!

331TwistedWedge
03-03-2009, 11:14 PM
johnny, ive had all 3 within the last 2 years ... i just got my house and went with direct tv ... hands down my favorite ... im paying $43 a month for 1,569,965,231 channels ... ok maybe not that many, but a lot ... i get all 56 hbo channels, 658 starz channels, 63 showtimes and 2 movie channels ... ok maybe not that many, but alot :lol: ... i like the 1080i pic better than time warners 720p ... if you buy a pay movie off of direct, its a true 1080p ... im not a big dvr person, so direct works for me ... for the price, picture quality and all the channels you get ~ direct is hands down the best choice ...

i only lost my pic for a few hours all winter (ice storm) ...

time warner cable is a big rip off, i paid $88,569,879 a month ... :lol: really i paid $88 a month and NO movie channels ...

Foxxx5oh
03-04-2009, 01:07 AM
johnny, ive had all 3 within the last 2 years ... i just got my house and went with direct tv ... hands down my favorite ... im paying $43 a month for 1,569,965,231 channels ... ok maybe not that many, but a lot ... i get all 56 hbo channels, 658 starz channels, 63 showtimes and 2 movie channels ... ok maybe not that many, but alot :lol: ... i like the 1080i pic better than time warners 720p ... if you buy a pay movie off of direct, its a true 1080p ... im not a big dvr person, so direct works for me ... for the price, picture quality and all the channels you get ~ direct is hands down the best choice ...

i only lost my pic for a few hours all winter (ice storm) ...

time warner cable is a big rip off, i paid $88,569,879 a month ... :lol: really i paid $88 a month and NO movie channels ...

somethin is tellin me that your car doesnt really have 422 HP...LOL :dummy:

331TwistedWedge
03-04-2009, 09:23 AM

oh really ;)

Foxxx5oh
03-04-2009, 09:37 AM
oh really ;)

maybe its your fuzzy math a couple posts back lol:dummy:

mrstang-gt-46
03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
foxxx5oh race twisted n see if he hasthat sort of hps.

12seclx
03-04-2009, 09:57 AM

No doubt... See Snowman, you gotta quit lying...
(you'll really get beat up now if you take Fred with you and he bites somebody):lol:
Bad enough you should be going .30's with what you got,
don't say you have more power... :lol:.......:tongue2:

I would say that I had 322, that way your .60's-.70's would be impressive.:D

IWRBB
03-04-2009, 10:57 AM

I may as well throw my $4k worth of 1080p tvs out in the back yard & go take my grandma's tv off her hands....

I think your installer did something wrong. The Dish HD at my house looks just as good, if not better than the DirectHD and my parents house, and they have a better TV. I had TWC and, no, their stuff sucked compared to Dish.

Turn it on Food Network HD. The have THE best picture quality of any channel, anywhere. If that looks bad, something is wrong. It looks so good on my TVs, it almost looks like you could pick it the food up and eat it, which is what they are after. DiscoverHD Theater has awesome PQ too.

And, yes, your 1080P is a waste of money for now, since everything is broadcast in 1080i or 720p. I'll stick with my interlaced displays and worry about 1080p when someone actually starts broadcasting TV shows in 1080p.

04 Venom
03-04-2009, 11:09 AM

I switched from DirecTV to Time Warner 2 weeks ago. I am getting a better high def signal from Time Warner. YMMV.

beefcake
03-04-2009, 12:45 PM
i never had hd when i had the dish, so i can't compare on that end

69Cobra
03-04-2009, 07:53 PM
We have Direct TV and all in all I've been happy with it but we don't have HD or a DVR. I know what in the hell am I waiting on. Old School BABY!

I JUST NOTICED THIS IS MY 427 POST THAT IS A COOL NUMBER I DON"T KNOW IF I"LL EVER POST AGAIN LOLOLOL

Mustard
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
I have to go with DirecTV.

93cobra
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
I think your installer did something wrong. The Dish HD at my house looks just as good, if not better than the DirectHD and my parents house, and they have a better TV. I had TWC and, no, their stuff sucked compared to Dish.

Turn it on Food Network HD. The have THE best picture quality of any channel, anywhere. If that looks bad, something is wrong. It looks so good on my TVs, it almost looks like you could pick it the food up and eat it, which is what they are after. DiscoverHD Theater has awesome PQ too.

And, yes, your 1080P is a waste of money for now, since everything is broadcast in 1080i or 720p. I'll stick with my interlaced displays and worry about 1080p when someone actually starts broadcasting TV shows in 1080p.

we checked everything...its all correct...
i even changed the red/blue/green rca's out with HDMI cables...
discoverHD looked much better with Time Warner at our apt while we were building "same tv". even HD channels like ESPN which are not as good as discover still looked much better through Time Warner then this dish...i don't know....:dunno::bigthumb

331TwistedWedge
03-04-2009, 10:48 PM
maybe its your fuzzy math a couple posts back lol:dummy:

why dont you fuzzy my nuts ... :dummy: :dummy: :dummy: