Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
oil pan suggestions [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : oil pan suggestions

Jrcmutang
02-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I am running a 351, I have a moroso street/strip pan that is 7 qts. I dont mind the pan, but it is a pain when you have to pull the motor or pu the motor in because of the deeps sumps. Along with the pan i have a high volume oil pump, my question is should i just ditch the pan and pump and buy a swap pan and a standard oil pump to free up some power. I like the idea of 7 qts but my car isnt standing up on the bumper so i dont see any real benefit from it, and it is also robbing potential power from my motor? Just seeing what opinions are out there? Let me know? Might put the whole pan, pick up, and pump up for sale?

Timido
02-17-2009, 04:57 AM
I like the 7 quart pans and standard volume pump. Get a Tubular K member and everything will be so much easyier to work on.

Jrcmutang
02-17-2009, 08:18 AM
i have a UPR tube K member, lol its still kinda a pain to remmove. Was just thinking about possibly freeing up some power by going to a standard volume oil pump is all. I like the 7 qt pan bc i dont have to worry about it being sucked dry