Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Athlete steroids rant [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Athlete steroids rant

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-09-2009, 11:42 PM
I don't follow much sports, but i've gotta rant a little. And i do mean a little.

Bottom line, YOU ASSCLOWNS are getting paid MILLIONS to play fucking baseball. Do it right, do it honest, don't take fucking steriods. Kids look up to you, and you destroy their dreams and heros when you do shit like this.

IMO, any athlete testing positive to any illegal drug should be stripped of that year's wages. How hard is it to play baseball for 20 million a year?

BigBadStang
02-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Amen brother! Their precious stats need to wiped off the books for that year too. Why make the fucktards be "immortalized" in the record books?

rogers
02-10-2009, 03:21 AM
i hate to even do this but here goes... what is so messed up is many performance enhancing suppliments are being grouped into being "steriods" whatever thats just b.s. if u were making 20 million a year and only had few years left in you career or even days left? as a professional athlete who's "career" could be ended at any moment due to say a injury, or the fact that you are older and the younger "athlete" may get your job. i'm pretty sure you'd do whatever it takes to keep "your job" that is unless you don't work for a living... which in that case makes you a "assclown".... but i'm sure you do work for a living and everyday you do what it takes to keep your job...

i'm not saying that it makes "steriods" a good thing. and yes many young people look upto professional "athletes" and i'm sure at some point many people who do follow professional sports have some particular "athlete" in mind that would be their favorite and i'd dare say that more than most who play at those particular levels have taken some sort of "chemical" in their "career" that would be questionable if brought to the proper attention...

hell don't the leaders of this country have something better to do like say work on fixing all the fucking problems with the so called systems, and national debt, and wars, unemplyment, and other bullshit... rather than worrying about what some "athlete" took to keep his fuckin job while he still has one!!! like it or not thats his job and he's doing what he feels is necessary to do to keep just like you do everyday.

thanks for the rant :lol: now get back to work before you get caught reading this at work :dummy::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

306Power
02-10-2009, 06:46 AM
One of the big problems is that alot of these allegedally players who took steroids when they took them it wasnt banned from the MLB yet. It was an illegal substance but not banned from the Majors. So while they could see possible prison time(thats a far stretch also) no action can be done to them as far as suspension in Baseball.

Blackpony
02-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Being that i'm a power lifter i take my share of supplements but never roids. Through lifting meets which are drug free i have had to submit a urine test. One time it came back positive. I know i never taken before but i was told that some of the supplements i take will make you test positive. Funny how the idiots never gave that kind of information out on the label. A-Rod is an asshole. He's going off and playing the victim. I say ban his ass.

04 Venom
02-10-2009, 08:58 AM
What pisses me off is A-Rod lies about it for 5 years and acts as if nothing changed when he finally was forced to admit what he had done.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-10-2009, 09:02 AM
That's the thing...they lie their asses off until cornered and they say they're sorry??? Screw that. There are guys out there busting their asses and training their asses off doing all they can to do it right (Ken Griffey Jr anyone?...but who knows even with him). I also think if they're ever busted for anything illegal they should NEVER be allowed in the Hall of Fame. Did Babe Ruth pump steroids? It's no wonder all the old records are broken when you're out there taking performance drugs. Hell Pete Rose is still banned from the HOF for gambling...big F'in deal he was a great player and in my book he's less of a dirtbag than A-rod is.

Blackpony
02-10-2009, 09:22 AM
They should start drinking like the Babe then maybe they'll hit better to

BigBadStang
02-10-2009, 10:21 AM
A-Road admitted to using steroids, not supplements...HUGE difference.

Athletes are getting as bad as Al Gore :lol:...
When "Global Warming" didn't get it done, he changed it to "Climate Change".
Now the athletes have went from "Steroids" to "Performance Enhancing Substances".
Different words, same shit, same result...CHEAT.

Rogers, I can kind of see your point of view on some of what you said, but these athletes make exorbitant salaries to compensate for short careers, injuries and the sacrifices that go along with playing these sports. It's greed, ego, and in some cases becoming "immortal" in the record books that drive them to use steroids IMO.

Blackpony
02-10-2009, 11:17 AM
A-Road admitted to using steroids, not supplements...HUGE difference.

Athletes are getting as bad as Al Gore :lol:...
When "Global Warming" didn't get it done, he changed it to "Climate Change".
Now the athletes have went from "Steroids" to "Performance Enhancing Substances".
Different words, same shit, same result...CHEAT.

Rogers, I can kind of see your point of view on some of what you said, but these athletes make exorbitant salaries to compensate for short careers, injuries and the sacrifices that go along with playing these sports. It's greed, ego, and in some cases becoming "immortal" in the record books that drive them to use steroids IMO.

Yes he did admit to using roids. But he also did say that using supplements from GNC could make you test positive. Either way using roids is the easy way out of getting to put the work in. I don't care if he started taking them because he had neck pain or not. Take some dam Tylenol and some rest.

rogers
02-10-2009, 11:28 AM
thanks i was simply stating that giving the situtations surrounding pro athletes to be immortal because they are the pro's then i can see why alot of players would juice. and i don't really think alot of them ever expected to get busted. but i'd dare say that i have never heard of a roid user robbing a bank or doing some other low rent crime to feed their additction, unlike other drug styled users. and i even have known people who had stolen so they could afford some "weed" so maybe that so called "natural substance" isn't so harmless after all either. funny how a doctor can perscribe certain medicines yet you can't use them "drugs" unless they are perscribed strictly to you. giving the fact at the age of 18 the government says your old enough to kill "soldier" and at the age of 21 you can "drink" and drive just don't get caught or kill anyone while doing so. who really care weither or not the pro's use given the fact most pro's who do use are well past the age of "21" i say fuck let them think about it 110+ mph fastballs and 10 homeruns a game. :lol:

ffmueller81
02-10-2009, 11:39 AM
That's the thing...they lie their asses off until cornered and they say they're sorry??? Screw that. There are guys out there busting their asses and training their asses off doing all they can to do it right (Ken Griffey Jr anyone?...but who knows even with him). I also think if they're ever busted for anything illegal they should NEVER be allowed in the Hall of Fame. Did Babe Ruth pump steroids? It's no wonder all the old records are broken when you're out there taking performance drugs. Hell Pete Rose is still banned from the HOF for gambling...big F'in deal he was a great player and in my book he's less of a dirtbag than A-rod is.

I think that even Griffey took them while playing in Seattle and then went on the straight and narrow when coming to cincy. That would explain a lot of numbers dropping off and all of his injuries after the trade

05yellowgt
02-10-2009, 11:48 AM
I think Griffey just got a string of bad luck and playing on the Turf for so many years in Seattle put his lower body through a beating. Once you legs start to go then there goes any chance of putting power into your swing especially when you have a swing like Griffey does. Boom no more homers.

Blackpony
02-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Well put Rogers.

02mingryGT
02-10-2009, 12:05 PM
What pisses me off is A-Rod lies about it for 5 years and acts as if nothing changed when he finally was forced to admit what he had done.

That and it wasn't his fault because he was under ssoooooo much pressure from the fans. Boo Fuckin Hoo I call him A-Roid now.

I guess Ken Griffey Jr is the only one who didn't take roids. Unless he did and they went to his ass.

95redstang
02-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I think that even Griffey took them while playing in Seattle and then went on the straight and narrow when coming to cincy. That would explain a lot of numbers dropping off and all of his injuries after the trade

I know Jr didn't take them...

95redstang
02-10-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't follow much sports, but i've gotta rant a little. And i do mean a little.

Bottom line, YOU ASSCLOWNS are getting paid MILLIONS to play fucking baseball. Do it right, do it honest, don't take fucking steriods. Kids look up to you, and you destroy their dreams and heros when you do shit like this.

IMO, any athlete testing positive to any illegal drug should be stripped of that year's wages. How hard is it to play baseball for 20 million a year?

The juice is the difference between a $1,000,000 contract and a $25,000,000 million dollar contract. That's why they take that stuff. It's rare that an average position palyer that may hit 20 hr's and have 70 rbi's makes more than say $3 million a year.That is a ton of money don't get me wrong. Look at guys who were putting up 40+ hr's and 120 rbi's..Lok at the huge contracts they received. These guys are willing to cut years off their lives for these big paydays...

k062693w
02-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Reason 671 why I don't watch Pro Sports!!!!!

firestang70
02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I take roids, thats why I look like a Greek Adonis minus the flat abs,tan skin,good looks. It just gives me straight up RAGE (just because it shrinks the boys)!