Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Steelers Get 6th Lombardi [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Get 6th Lombardi

Katmandu
02-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Whether you're a hater or not.

THAT was a helluva game!

347sc
02-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Im loving it! You know you just cued up the haters and we will get the standard cheaters,refs gave it to you they suck blah blah blah.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
I can't stand the Steelers but they did earn it. Arizona came back from nowhere and should've held that last goal off...but they got out played plain and simple.

Maximus
02-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I liked the Steelers when I was a kid. Bradshaw, Harris, Blair, Swann, Stallworth, Greene....Now I watch in Awe at the amounts of money paid to these guys to play a game.:rolleyes:

Rich
02-02-2009, 04:16 PM
I didn't think I could hate the Steelers more than I did but Mr. Rooney made it possible. His..."I want to thank President Obama..." about made me throw up. What the F*&$?????

04 Venom
02-02-2009, 04:18 PM

THAT was a helluva game!

That was definitely one of the most exciting Superbowls played.

BigBadStang
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't like either team, and couldn't care less who won, but the roughing the holder call? WTF was that? It wasn't intentional, dude was falling while running. The ref's had too much of influence on that game on both sides of the ball. I can't believe Harrison wasn't tossed when he was punching that dude while he was down. If Harrison sucked, he should play here in Cincinnati...he likes to smack around his girlfriend. :lol:

NaomiDstangLvr
02-02-2009, 04:53 PM

THAT was a helluva game!

It was a bullshit game...

At least it's a team from the AFC North Division....

JamesjGT
02-02-2009, 05:22 PM
That was one of the WORST I have ever seen. Arizona played like crap and they almost came back and won.

NaomiDstangLvr
02-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Im loving it! You know you just cued up the haters and we will get the standard cheaters,refs gave it to you they suck blah blah blah.

Well you know this is a CINCINNATI based board and I think probably 80% at least of us are Bengals fans......

beefcake
02-02-2009, 08:27 PM
best game in a while

347sc
02-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Well you know this is a CINCINNATI based board and I think probably 80% at least of us are Bengals fans......

Sad part is all the band wagon Bengals fans were wearing black and gold everywhere I looked the last couple weeks.:eek:

nkystanger
02-02-2009, 09:27 PM

This is one main reason why i cant stand The Steelers.....their fans are f*cking idiots....

306Power
02-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Steelers earned it on the last drive I will say, even though you wont find many who hate the Steelers more than me. But there were defenitly inconsistent calls all night long something I wouldnt expect from a Super Bowl Ref crew. Regardless thats no excuse.

347sc
02-02-2009, 10:04 PM
This is one main reason why i cant stand The Steelers.....their fans are f*cking idiots....

Hmm I'm an idiot? You just removed all doubts that you are.

1badFn5.0
02-02-2009, 10:49 PM
im not a big fan of the steelers but 6 of them , they must be doin something right,, im the kind of guy who likes my home team but the steelers well i aint got nothin bad to say baout them. besides lol jk

SN95N/A
02-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Steelers always find a way too win:)...Maybe some of the bengals will pick up on that so they can start winin too..Bengals fans crack me up how they keep on that pitts cheaters and stuff its great jus listenin to wat all the bengals fan have to say 100 percent of the time they dont make any sense.But that was a great game.

331TwistedWedge
02-02-2009, 11:45 PM
pittsburgh is a small market, family owned operation that has put out championships for over 40 years ... the bengals are a small market family owned operation that cant put together a winning season ... i hate the steelers, but man they know how to run a franchise ...

one of the best superbowl games along with the patriots and giants in superbowl XLII ...

Katmandu
02-03-2009, 06:23 AM
That officating was something else. :rolleyes:

The way they indiscriminately call "holding" is unreal! Holding on Hartwig (Steeler's center) in the end zone while ?? Jeff got blown over! He wasn't holding. :rolleyes:

Harrison and Woodley are HELD nearly every play.

I still want to see what happen with Harrison PRIOR to him totally losing his mind. Folks are saying #47 was trying to take out Jame's knees. :dummy:

SMOKE
02-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Sad part is all the band wagon Bengals fans were wearing black and gold everywhere I looked the last couple weeks.:eek:

I'm not a band wagon Bengals fan and you will NEVER see me in Black/Gold :dummy:

It was a good game, I was cheering for Arizona just because I dislike the Steelers so much.. Almost thought they had it tied down but they left Pittsburgh too much time to take the ball back down field.

Ah well, hell of a game! :bigthumb

nkystanger
02-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Hmm I'm an idiot? You just removed all doubts that you are.

Didnt directly call you an idiot....

But thanks for callin me one..you stay classy.

nkystanger
02-03-2009, 08:28 AM
That officating was something else. :rolleyes:

The way they indiscriminately call "holding" is unreal! Holding on Hartwig (Steeler's center) in the end zone while ?? Jeff got blown over! He wasn't holding. :rolleyes:

Harrison and Woodley are HELD nearly every play.

I still want to see what happen with Harrison PRIOR to him totally losing his mind. Folks are saying #47 was trying to take out Jame's knees. :dummy:

Harrison was getting held pretty much every play, but he still should have been ejected for that cheap shot punch while the guy was on his knees.

347sc
02-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Didnt directly call you an idiot....

But thanks for callin me one..you stay classy.

Lol I will buddy! I guess I should have said Bengals fans are but I try not to make blanket statements like that.

347sc
02-03-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm not a band wagon Bengals fan and you will NEVER see me in Black/Gold :dummy:

It was a good game, I was cheering for Arizona just because I dislike the Steelers so much.. Almost thought they had it tied down but they left Pittsburgh too much time to take the ball back down field.

Ah well, hell of a game! :bigthumb

I know you aren't Chase. But you have to admit you seen a whole lot of Steelers fans that were not two weeks ago.

NaomiDstangLvr
02-03-2009, 10:55 AM

Yeah I HATE HATE HATE band wagon fans!!!!! You see fewer fans now since they were 4-11-1 this year....

NaomiDstangLvr
02-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Harrison was getting held pretty much every play, but he still should have been ejected for that cheap shot punch while the guy was on his knees.

I had seen that, it was horrible! My husband was like "and he's our Defensive player of the year" What a punk! :rolleyes:

Check it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrAbErvQ54

BigBadStang
02-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I had seen that, it was horrible! My husband was like "and he's our Defensive player of the year" What a punk! :rolleyes:

...don't forget to add "woman beater" to his repertoire. :lol:

NaomiDstangLvr
02-03-2009, 11:17 AM
...don't forget to add "woman beater" to his repertoire. :lol:

Ok that makes him a zillion times worse! :AR15: Harrison

02mingryGT
02-03-2009, 11:24 AM
I thought it was a great game and fairly called for the most part. I think the Cardinals waited to long to go downfield and expose Washington and Taylor's average coverage skills. I also thought Harrison, even though he was guilty of pulling that punk play on a guy half his size, should have gotten the MVP. His play was outstanding and without his interception return Steelers wouldn't have won(at least a 10 point swing).

Hey I guess three guys can't cover one Ohio State Buckeye though, huh?

DSSKing68
02-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Sixburgh baby!

The record speaks for itself. Pittsburgh has always been about blue-collar smash mouth football.

No mention of Big Ben for MVP? How many plays did he extend by avoiding sacks and finding his third or fourth option?

I think he deserved it.

We got one for the other hand now....I like it on this finger, to all the haters!

:flipoff:

BigBadStang
02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
...We got one for the other hand now....I like it on this finger, to all the haters!

I always love the "we" comments from fans :lol:...suit up and play did ya?
:screwy:

331TwistedWedge
02-03-2009, 11:47 PM

lol :lol: and the guy apparently has 6 rings :dummy:

Katmandu
02-04-2009, 06:10 AM

That's a real Bengals fan! :bigthumb

I hope you'all do better next year. You'all have been through to much shit already. No team's fans deserves that. Not even the Lions fans.

BTW, MOST Cardinal "fans" have only been fans for (3) WEEKS!

02mingryGT
02-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Sixburgh baby!

The record speaks for itself. Pittsburgh has always been about blue-collar smash mouth football.

No mention of Big Ben for MVP? How many plays did he extend by avoiding sacks and finding his third or fourth option?

I think he deserved it.

We got one for the other hand now....I like it on this finger, to all the haters!

Your missing the point. If Harrison doesn't make that return for a TD and the game plays out exactly the same way(conjecture) Steelers lose making what Holmes and Ben did irrelevant. So that's why I think he deserves it but it's hard for defensive players to get those awards.

02mingryGT
02-04-2009, 06:45 AM

I hope you'all do better next year. You'all have been through to much shit already. No team's fans deserves that. Not even the Lions fans.

Even Bill Coward said the Bengals would make the playoffs next year if Carson stays healthy. :lol:

SMOKE
02-04-2009, 07:59 AM
I know you aren't Chase. But you have to admit you seen a whole lot of Steelers fans that were not two weeks ago.

Unfortunately, yes I did! Maybe they were just cheering for a team from the north.. I don't know. I said up until the Super Bowl that I didn't WANT the Steelers to win, but I had a feeling they probably would. Their defense is 2nd to non in the NFL. I will say if there is anything I do like about Pitts team, it would be their coach, Mike Tomlin. That guy is a class act.

SMOKE
02-04-2009, 08:00 AM

I'll take that as a compliment! :bigthumb:

I do feel good about next year, as long as Chad and TJ stay with the team. We had ALOT of guys on IR this year that will be back and healthy, and you have to feel better with Carson hitting the field again, as long as he doesn't get hurt again! Should be an interesting season!

WHO DEY!

DSSKing68
02-04-2009, 11:44 AM

"WE" are the Steeler Nation......

NaomiDstangLvr
02-04-2009, 12:10 PM
"WE" are the Steeler Nation......

Don't you mean "Stooler" Nation Mark?!? :lol: ;)

347sc
02-04-2009, 01:23 PM
So whats the Bengals chances this year?

1badasp
02-04-2009, 01:51 PM
So whats the Bengals chances this year?

slim and none. And slim just left the building with elvis.

I've never been a steeler or bungals fan. Never WILL be. I give credit where credit is due. Harrison should have won MVP, not Holmes. The Bungals and Mike Brown should be taking notes.

Injuries (EXCUSE) or not, the Bungals will always be the bitch of the AFC North.

04 Venom
02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
I thought it was a great game and fairly called for the most part. I think the Cardinals waited to long to go downfield and expose Washington and Taylor's average coverage skills. I also thought Harrison, even though he was guilty of pulling that punk play on a guy half his size, should have gotten the MVP. His play was outstanding and without his interception return Steelers wouldn't have won(at least a 10 point swing).

Hey I guess three guys can't cover one Ohio State Buckeye though, huh?

I also believe that Harrison's interception and touchdown run was THE pivotal play of the game.

NaomiDstangLvr
02-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Injuries (EXCUSE) or not, the Bungals will always be the bitch of the AFC North.

Nah, that's more like the Brownies....

Katmandu
02-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Harrison was getting held pretty much every play, but he still should have been ejected for that cheap shot punch while the guy was on his knees.They BOTH should have been ejected and BOTH deserve fines from the Commissioner.

Katmandu
02-04-2009, 07:10 PM

Check it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrAbErvQ54Did you close you're eyes for the FIRST 2 SECONDS of that clip ???

Go back and REPLAY the first 2 SECONDS over a few times and PAUSE it when #47's shoulder is in contact with Harrison's Left knee.

BTW, Did you ever hear what happen to a player called CARSON PALMER ???

Look at it from ANY NFL players EYES. You got another player taking an OBVIOUS CHOP block at your KNEE!

Harrison's future career and future health most likely FLASHED before his eyes!

I would have been PISSED as HELL too! I would hope ANY NFL player in that position would have as well!

#47 is extremely lucky that all he got from Harrison is shoved 5 yards backwards.

Like I said, they BOTH should have been ejected and I hope they BOTH get FINED.

Katmandu
02-04-2009, 07:16 PM
If Harrison doesn't make that return for a TD and the game plays out exactly the same way(conjecture) Steelers lose making what Holmes and Ben did irrelevant. So that's why I think he deserves it but it's hard for defensive players to get those awards.Very true. :cool2:

Katmandu
02-04-2009, 07:22 PM
I'll take that as a compliment! :bigthumb:

I do feel good about next year, as long as Chad and TJ stay with the team. We had ALOT of guys on IR this year that will be back and healthy, and you have to feel better with Carson hitting the field again, as long as he doesn't get hurt again! Should be an interesting season!

WHO DEY!I was meant as a Compliment brother. :bigthumb It's hard to find REAL NFL fans that understand the game and DON'T take smack talk PERSONALLY.

I really do hope the Bengals are better next year. Really sucks NOT having a rivalry. We Steeler fans around here really feel sorry for you'all. NOT in a bad way either.

The "new" Browns just aren't there yet either.

The REAL Browns (in Steeler fans minds...The Rat-Birds....) are the Steeler's biggest current rival!

BigBadStang
02-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Did you close you're eyes for the FIRST 2 SECONDS of that clip ???

Go back and REPLAY the first 2 SECONDS over a few times and PAUSE it when #47's shoulder is in contact with Harrison's Left knee.

Look at it from ANY NFL players EYES. You got another player taking an OBVIOUS CHOP block at your KNEE!

I would have been PISSED as HELL too! I would hope ANY NFL player in that position would have as well!

#47 is extremely lucky that all he got from Harrison is shoved 5 yards backwards.

Why in the hell would a LEGAL block be grounds for fines, and ejection? The only time that block is ILLEGAL is when the defensive player is being ENGAGED by another offensive player. That block was 1 on 1, and the smaller man would have to be a fucking idiot to try and block a much larger man up high.
Football 101...low man wins. Stay high get your ass handed to you. You are clearly looking at this through black and gold colored glasses.
Face it, Harrison is a fucking thug, regardless of his athletic ability.

NA/NOTCH
02-04-2009, 08:31 PM
steelers will sweep the bengals next year, nobody on thier defense is a free agents,they will get kendall simmons,marvell smith back on the oline and willie parker is fresh i see a number 7!

Katmandu
02-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Why in the hell would a LEGAL block be grounds for fines,What do you think a CHOP BLOCK is man ???

CHOP blocks are ILLEGAL blocks. #47 just "got away" with it.

You are clearly looking at this through black and gold colored glasses.

Face it, Harrison is a fucking thug, regardless of his athletic ability.This had nothing all to do with team loyalties.

It would have been an ILLEGAL CHOP block if the sides had been switched.

I'll say it again... I think BOTH were WRONG and should have been ejected and should be fined. AND BOTH of them acted "THUG-LIKE" in their actions.

Katmandu
02-04-2009, 10:47 PM
The only time that block is ILLEGAL is when the defensive player is being ENGAGED by another offensive player. That block was 1 on 1, and the smaller man would have to be a fucking idiot to try and block a much larger man up high.

Football 101...low man wins. Stay high get your ass handed to you.Football 101 ?? Really ??

http://www.essortment.com/articles/cut-chop-block_5572.htm

There are several different ways that offensive football players may attempt to put a block on a defensive guy.

One of the less famous ways for the defense to be blocked is with a technique called the cut or chop block.

The cut block is when an offensive football player attempts to get a defensive player to the ground by diving at his feet and ankles rather than his upper body. This technique, however, borders the thin line between making a good block and maybe injuring someone.

"A cut block is an illegal block that is used to hurt players," he said.

"And the cut block has become less and less popular because in some instances you can get a penalty called. So, we use it sparingly when we try to get our head across the inside of the defense attacker's body in order to get him down on the ground."

Cut blocks are legal mainly in the open field. This allows the defensive player an opportunity to avoid or hurdle the block. The main area in which a cut block is not legal is in the trenches. The trenches are considered the area where offensive and defensive linemen square off against one another at the line of scrimmage.

Now, it's obviously very easy for an offensive lineman to make a block on a defensive lineman by chopping him at the line of scrimmage. But with the amount of injuries that have occurred over the years from cut blocks, rules have changed making the cut block at the line of scrimmage illegal and will result in a penalty

02mingryGT
02-05-2009, 09:59 AM
They BOTH should have been ejected and BOTH deserve fines from the Commissioner.

So your saying the Cardinal's player should have been ejected for taking a beating?

Okay I read the next post and see that your saying he attempted an illegal block. I didn't see that just him getting pummeled. You can cut a guy at the knees as long as he's not engaged and it isn't from behind.

BigBadStang
02-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Football 101 ?? Really ??

http://www.essortment.com/articles/cut-chop-block_5572.htm

Read this slowly, as it is taken directly from the NFL rule book for 2008, not from a Lehigh University (:lol:) offensive line coach...

"Cut blocks can be legal in the free blocking zone, which is the six-yard by eight-yard zone centered on the football. Cut blocks are illegal in the open field. It also is illegal to cut block a player that is already engaged in a block with another player."

The block you are bitching about was NOT a chop block, it was a legal cut block! It occured within the 6yd. X 8yd. free blocking zone, and Harrison was NOT engaged with or by any other player other than #47!
If you don't like CUT blocks, lobby Roger Goodell to change the rules, but for now the above is the NFL interpretation of the cut block.

Katmandu
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
The block you are bitching about was NOT a chop block, it was a legal cut block! Someone takes an dive at MY knee (LEGAL or illegal) to injure/cripple me is getting their ass kicked plain and simple!

I would hope that you value YOUR knees and mobility as much as James Harrison and I do! :dummy:

So, is Harrison a thug ??? Maybe, but who really cares ? :rolleyes:

nkystanger
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Someone takes an dive at MY knee (LEGAL or illegal) to injure/cripple me is getting their ass kicked plain and simple!

I would hope that you value YOUR knees and mobility as much as James Harrison and I do! :dummy:

Running backs do it to blitzing linebackers all the time. If that back is untouched than its a legal cut block.

I think Harrison was frustrated from being held the whole game and his wife wasnt there to beat, so he took his anger out on that guy.

BigBadStang
02-06-2009, 01:12 PM

THAT'S the problem right there...people idolizing these fuckbag thugs, and not holding them to the same accountability as other citizens just because they happen to play professional sports. :dummy:

BigBadStang
02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Someone takes an dive at MY knee (LEGAL or illegal) to injure/cripple me is getting their ass kicked plain and simple!

That's the hazards of the sport (hence the exorbitent sums of money they are paid)...Anyone with sense knows you are going to get hurt playing professional football, no one holds a gun to there heads to make them play. :rolleyes:

Katmandu
02-06-2009, 05:41 PM
That's the hazards of the sport (hence the exorbitent sums of money they are paid)...Anyone with sense knows you are going to get hurt playing professional football, no one holds a gun to there heads to make them play. :rolleyes:Yes that is true.... BUT, when someone takes an obvious INTENTIONAL shot at injuring/maiming you the stakes change in an INSTANT. Hence, Mr.Harrison's insane out burst.

Harrison is due for a MASSIVE pay hike next season and too have it get destroyed by some clown trying to blow out his knee ????

Sorry. I would have done the same thing as King James. Thug or No-Thug. So be it.

One this is for certain. I'll bet noone takes a cheap shot at James knee again. :dummy:

BigBadStang
02-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Yes that is true.... BUT, when someone takes an obvious INTENTIONAL shot at injuring/maiming you the stakes change in an INSTANT. Hence, Mr.Harrison's insane out burst.

Harrison is due for a MASSIVE pay hike next season and too have it get destroyed by some clown trying to blow out his knee ????

Sorry. I would have done the same thing as King James. Thug or No-Thug. So be it.

One this is for certain. I'll bet noone takes a cheap shot at James knee again. :dummy:

On the contrary. I think he will be cut blocked even more from this point forward. If he is going to blow his stack when someone legally blocks him, then maybe he will get tossed, and or suspended. He is clearly unstable, and struggles to control his anger, showcased by his violent outbursts on and off of the football field.

King James??...WTF? :lol:
I LOL when I see normally "sane" :rolleyes: people worship some of these douchebag ball players.

02mingryGT
02-07-2009, 10:41 AM

Interesting. Is this an admittance finally that the shot on Carson while at the time not illegal was in FACT a dirty play by your beloved Steelers?

Just wondering.....:bigthumb

stroked4eyes
02-07-2009, 11:05 AM
He is clearly unstable, and struggles to control his anger, showcased by his violent outbursts on and off of the football field.

Maybe he takes the same kind of extreme protein shots that the pro wrestlers do. I hear they can cause those kind of outbursts.:dummy:

Katmandu
02-07-2009, 12:03 PM
He is clearly unstable, and struggles to control his anger, showcased by his violent outbursts on and off of the football field.

Cut out of the mold of Jack Lambert. :bigthumb

Katmandu
02-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Interesting. Is this an admittance finally that the shot on Carson while at the time not illegal was in FACT a dirty play by your beloved Steelers?

Just wondering.....:bigthumbYou can think and believe what ever you wish. You see the Steeler's play as a WHOLE group. Do you see consistent dirty play ?? I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

That shot of Palmer was done by one of the Bengal's EX-player (Kimo) and now EX-Steeler as well. That was an individual thing as is #47's dirty shot at Harrison.

I don't think the Cardinal's as a whole are cheap shot artists.

What about Ward's KO on the Bengal's rookie linebacker ?? Everyone said that was a LEGAL, CLEAN shot as well.

02mingryGT
02-07-2009, 12:55 PM
You can think and believe what ever you wish. You see the Steeler's play as a WHOLE group. Do you see consistent dirty play ?? I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

That shot of Palmer was done by one of the Bengal's EX-player (Kimo) and now EX-Steeler as well. That was an individual thing as is #47's dirty shot at Harrison.

I don't think the Cardinal's as a whole are cheap shot artists.

What about Ward's KO on the Bengal's rookie linebacker ?? Everyone said that was a LEGAL, CLEAN shot as well.

I knew you would get all worked up about that....:lol:

So you still haven't answered the question. Do you think was a cheap shot? based on what you have said previously in this post I would think the answer is yes. You after all used it to make your case about Harrison.

Do i think the Steelers as a whole are cheap shot players? No but I believe the coaching staff looks the other way when a play like that happens. I believe the same thing about the Ravens, Broncos and Raiders as well. As John Madden said when the replay was shown "he should be ejected from the game". I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about either.

I think the underlying problem is you, because you are a fan of your team are unable to take an unbiased viewpoint of your team. The exact same thing you accuse other fans of. Without going back and searching through the post when it happened I can guarantee you never said the Palmer hit was a cheap shot. But you are alluding that it was in fact one to try to make a case to defend a player on your team who without a doubt was in the wrong.

They played a great game overall and won the decisive plays to win the game. But punching a guy several times during a game is unacceptable no matter what the circumstances. Especially one that's half his size. :dummy:

BigBadStang
02-07-2009, 01:29 PM
:agree:
Well said...and yes, M!ch!gan sucks! I see that child is being raised PROPER! ;)

Katmandu
02-09-2009, 07:20 AM
So you still haven't answered the question. Do you think was a cheap shot? based on what you have said previously in this post I would think the answer is yes. You after all used it to make your case about Harrison. Yea I did. :rolleyes:

You just chose NOT too see that I am NOT being biased cause Harrison is a Steeler.

Here's my DIRECT quote from above...

This had nothing all to do with team loyalties.

It would have been an ILLEGAL CHOP block if the sides had been switched.

I'll say it again... I think BOTH were WRONG and should have been ejected and should be fined. AND BOTH of them acted "THUG-LIKE" in their actions.

It was a cheap shot by #47 and a dumb-ass reaction by Harrison. The case would be that SAME had it been players from (2) DIFFERENT TEAMS.

This has NOTHING to do with the Steelers. How much more plain can I be about it ?

02mingryGT
02-09-2009, 08:56 AM
That's not what I asked. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes ::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What I asked if YOU could read would be the PALMER HIT.

BigBadStang
02-09-2009, 09:03 AM
:lol: :lol:
:popcorn:

02mingryGT
02-09-2009, 09:06 AM
:lol: :lol:
:popcorn:

Couldn't help it.....:lol: katmandu--->:dummy:

Katmandu
02-09-2009, 12:20 PM
What I asked if YOU could read would be the PALMER HIT.Go back and read what YOU POSTED.

You didn't SPECIFY the hit on PALMER.

I posted about (3) DIFFERENT HITS in the thread above yours. :rolleyes:

Get off the HATE wagon already.

NaomiDstangLvr
02-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Did you close you're eyes for the FIRST 2 SECONDS of that clip ???

He was trying to block the guy. Quit making excuses for such a punk. Believe me we've our share of them on our team!

Lord this is getting good! :popcorn:

347sc
02-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Looking at the youtube clip the only thing I see that he did to commit a foul was shove him down. I may be blind but I do not see any punches like whats been talked about. You would have thought it was a boxing match from the way everyone is talking about it. I see him keeping him down on the field but from what I gathered on the sports shows that was legal. The shove after was not. No Im not going to go through the NFL rule book and check.So I may be wrong but the game has been played, calls were made right or wrong why bitch about it now?

02mingryGT
02-09-2009, 02:11 PM

Just wondering.....:bigthumb

Go back and read what YOU POSTED.

You didn't SPECIFY the hit on PALMER.

I posted about (3) DIFFERENT HITS in the thread above yours. :rolleyes:

Get off the HATE wagon already.

Above your quote is mine. You probably just got confused. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

Looking at the youtube clip the only thing I see that he did to commit a foul was shove him down. I may be blind but I do not see any punches like whats been talked about. You would have thought it was a boxing match from the way everyone is talking about it. I see him keeping him down on the field but from what I gathered on the sports shows that was legal. The shove after was not. No Im not going to go through the NFL rule book and check.So I may be wrong but the game has been played, calls were made right or wrong why bitch about it now?

Yeah I just watched it on youtube. On the live replay during the game it looked like a punch. On the Youtube clip it looks like an open-handed punch/strike. Punk play regardless. Your fellow Steeler fan Katmandu is bringing this on to himself for defending the crap. If he would have just used both hands and pushed as he drove forward he would been OK. He reared back struck him. And that's when the flag landed. And like I said before if the would have been a Bengals player he would be arguing the opposite. Any way it was a great game.

347sc
02-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Yes it was. Lets hope this year brings us some great games.

Katmandu
02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Your fellow Steeler fan Katmandu is bringing this on to himself for defending the crap. Ok... Simple question for you...

What would YOU do if someone took a CHEAP shot at YOUR knee ??

Stand there and let him mangle your ACL ??

347sc
02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Ok... Simple question for you...

What would YOU do if someone took a CHEAP shot at YOUR knee ??

Stand there and let him mangle your ACL ??

Kick their ass sea bass!

Katmandu
02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Kick their ass sea bass!:lol: :bigthumb

02mingryGT
02-09-2009, 09:53 PM
I actually had that happen when I played at Princeton when I was a freshman. I got chopped by the tight end and tackle. Regretfully i didn't get a chance to "even" the score. My mates took care of it. Couldn't hardly walk for a few days but it eventually worked itself out. There are plenty of ways to get even without being stupid and taking a punch and they're legal as well. Head slaps were still legal back then and the best way to break a nose is with a forearm down on the face mask. Got to be quick about it though.

And by the way it's not a cheap shot for the 1000th time. Harrison had him down and then retaliated further.

And you still didn't answer the question. Seems your avoiding it.

Katmandu
02-10-2009, 05:48 AM
And by the way it's not a cheap shot for the 1000th time. Difference of opinion then.

And you still didn't answer the question. Seems your avoiding it.The Palmer situation ??

Hell ya it was cheap! :dummy: Especially the way Kimo put the final "twist" on it. He and Palmer must hated each other or something. :rolleyes:

Now are you satisified ? :popcorn:

02mingryGT
02-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Difference of opinion then.

The Palmer situation ??

Hell ya it was cheap! :dummy: Especially the way Kimo put the final "twist" on it. He and Palmer must hated each other or something. :rolleyes:

Now are you satisified ? :popcorn:

Yes. Too bad that took three years.

Katmandu
02-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Yes. Too bad that took three years.:lol: :bigthumb

I wonder what happened between Palmer and Kimo to bring that on ? :confused:

IWRBB
02-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Do juiced-up Steelers teams deserve asterisks? (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9217162/?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39001)

NaomiDstangLvr
02-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Do juiced-up Steelers teams deserve asterisks? (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9217162/?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39001)

Yes, lmao! Why is this thread still here?!? :lol:

347sc
02-15-2009, 09:20 PM

No more then any other team that played then.:rolleyes: