Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Sorry about that, neighbor [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sorry about that, neighbor

Holly
01-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Stupid pine tree on right side of my house finally broke, looks like a small limb is still on my neighbor's roof, but the biggest branch is laying by his house. I got a hot mess to clean up this weekend.

The first pic is the side of my house (branches down in the front too), second one is his house, with my tree laying against it, third pic is my back picture window, that branch leaning on my house is not going to last much longer, I expect it to drop anytime, and the last picture - you can see the power line dangling.

I'm not touching anything until Duke takes care of that downed power line.

Maximus
01-28-2009, 12:54 PM
YIKES!!:eek:

Holly
01-28-2009, 12:55 PM
My deck and pool. There is a picnic table under those branches!

The other pic is my neighbor's yard.

Foxxx5oh
01-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Damn Holly, hope nothin more gets damaged on yours or your neighbors houses. It sucks when stuff like this happens, if you need help cleaning up, lemme know, I'll give ya a hand shoveling or moving branches.

cstreu1026
01-28-2009, 02:02 PM
that sucks, but it is kind of pretty.

PaulFiveOh
01-28-2009, 02:08 PM
I hooked a tree that fell across Branch Hill Guinie today

cobrajoe
01-28-2009, 05:11 PM
This is what I woke up to (after about and hours sleep), My wife sounding all worried. I didn't see any damage. I'm hoping the cable and phone line slowed it down.

Holly let me know if you need help in the next few days, I'll bring the chain saw and do what I can!

DeckerEnt
01-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Hope there is no damage Joe. Maybe all the ice protected it.
Keith

mustangjon
01-28-2009, 06:29 PM
gogo gadget ice armor! Hope everyones cars faired well.. i spent half the day digging the lincoln and then finally towing it out.. from under an iced tree

Holly
01-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Duke came out yesterday, that's a phone line I have down, but surprisingly, I still have a phone (and internet.. yay!). Those wires must stretch pretty well, it's underneath a pile of branches. Cincinnati Bell is coming out next Wednesday (must be backed up).

My buddy Hoss cleaned off my Direct TV dish last night, so I can finally watch TV again. My 25 year old niece spent the night last night, they still didn't have electric and she was having internet withdrawals (plus she goes to UC and studies online).

I will take pictures of my front yard tomorrow. Those pine trees are coming down, I'm done messing with them. I now know what I will be using the money from the Camaro for, bye bye pine trees. :mad:

DeckerEnt
01-30-2009, 09:45 AM
I bet a few members and a few chainsaws could get rid of those for you Holly. Mine was 65 feet tall and I got it down and cut up in a little more than a day. I had a friend with a crane though. LOL
Keith

RACEME
01-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Yup, big pine trees are easy, but messy. You get the sap all over you. Start at the bottom cutting the branches off leaving about 2' on the tree, then climb the tree and cut 4'-6' sections at a time til you get to the bottom.