Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Flamer lives again [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Flamer lives again

kennebellcobra
01-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Just finished firing up the flamer after putting some gt-40's and a little cam in....hit the key and it started right up...just like it had never been torn apart:D

That first fire after some major work has got to be one of the best feelings...as long as it all works:lol:

I think as soon as the weather breaks I might put it on the dyno...to bad I did'nt dyno it before for comparison.

DeckerEnt
01-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Congrats!!! What are you shooting for this year?
Keith

kennebellcobra
01-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Congrats!!! What are you shooting for this year?
Keith

I would like to see a 11.xx na and possible spray a 150 shot and go 10's but thats probably a pipe dream considering this is a very low budget project and I won't put the money into the suspension or anything else it needs. The heads were free...the cam was used and it still has 19lb injectors with a free mass air meter...all reject parts:lol: I can't hardly believe it went 12.8's with the e7 and stock cam.

firestang70
01-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Cool Shannon can't wait to see it at the track.

mustangboy
01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Nice work Shannon. Maybe you just need to turn the flamer into the full on race car you been wanting.

kennebellcobra
01-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Nice work Shannon. Maybe you just need to turn the flamer into the full on race car you been wanting.

The wife would kill me...it's her daily driver...when the weathers decent anyway.

mustangboy
01-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Give her the Cobra, now that was simple wasn't it.

PonymanfiveO
01-26-2009, 10:07 PM
cool! Is the T5 still alive in it? I remember you cringing every time you hung a gear towards the end of the season. :lol:

mustangboy
01-26-2009, 10:13 PM
No I think he put a Lenco in it for this year

JASON408
01-26-2009, 10:21 PM
put the sauce to it :lol: glad to see someone is makeing some progress

kennebellcobra
01-26-2009, 10:21 PM
cool! Is the T5 still alive in it? I remember you cringing every time you hung a gear towards the end of the season. :lol:

I swapped my old c-4 stuff for a g-force:tongue2::lol:

kennebellcobra
01-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Give her the Cobra, now that was simple wasn't it.

I tried that and she said "Your car did'nt win a plaque" Oh snap:eek:

12seclx
01-27-2009, 12:12 AM
I would like to see a 11.xx na and possible spray a 150 shot and go 10's but thats probably a pipe dream considering this is a very low budget project and I won't put the money into the suspension or anything else it needs. The heads were free...the cam was used and it still has 19lb injectors with a free mass air meter...all reject parts:lol: I can't hardly believe it went 12.8's with the e7 and stock cam.

you gonna let me drive....?....;)

Ha! Ha! just kidding... I hope it happens... It took me longer than I thought... but that was before the custom cam and secret oil.... :D

95turbocharged
01-27-2009, 09:20 AM
I tried that and she said "Your car did'nt win a plaque" Oh snap:eek:

you just had to bring that up didn't ya!!!!:flipoff::dummy::bigthumb

kennebellcobra
01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
you just had to bring that up didn't ya!!!!:flipoff::dummy::bigthumb

I forgot thats still a sore spot for ya:lol:

Dang snow...it will probably be a week before I get to take it out for a beaten:(

JIMS SVT
01-27-2009, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=kennebellcobra;442326]Just finished firing up the flamer after putting some gt-40's and a little cam in....hit the key and it started right up...just like it had never been torn apart:D

QUOTE]

Cool...maybe we can line them up this spring.Soon as I get mine done that is.

kennebellcobra
01-27-2009, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=kennebellcobra;442326]Just finished firing up the flamer after putting some gt-40's and a little cam in....hit the key and it started right up...just like it had never been torn apart:D

QUOTE]

Cool...maybe we can line them up this spring.Soon as I get mine done that is.

I got a feeling I'll need some spray before I line up next to your new project...not sure exactly what your project is but I can imagine;)

JIMS SVT
01-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Lol...That wont be fair...My motor is gonna be smaller than yours.Im sure it will eventually get some n20.But not at first.

kennebellcobra
01-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Lol...That wont be fair...My motor is gonna be smaller than yours.Im sure it will eventually get some n20.But not at first.

I say we line up the ZX2's :cool1:

JIMS SVT
01-27-2009, 04:18 PM
I say we line up the ZX2's :cool1:

Lol...you dont want none of that thing.Ive been busy putting a 25.5 in that.

kennebellcobra
01-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Lol...you dont want none of that thing.Ive been busy putting a 25.5 in that.

Mines got the green power in it though so it should be close.

JIMS SVT
01-28-2009, 04:35 AM
Mines got the green power in it though so it should be close.

Damn...I need some magic oil.

kennebellcobra
01-30-2009, 04:39 PM
I finally said screw the salt and took it out for a test run and it feels a little soft below 3000 but after that it comes on hard:D Just by easing into the throttle in 3rd it blows the tires off. I can't wait till the roads get a little better and throw the et streets on there and see how it feels. Is the track open yet:lol:

Maximus
01-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Wheres Dave with the Video Camera!!?:bigthumb

kennebellcobra
01-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Wheres Dave with the Video Camera!!?:bigthumb

That would have been funny...my gravel driveway is still covered with snow and took a lot of rockin/spinin just to make it on to the road...then pulling back in it was completly sideways:lol:

Maximus
01-30-2009, 05:16 PM
That would have been funny...my gravel driveway is still covered with snow and took a lot of rockin/spinin just to make it on to the road...then pulling back in it was completly sideways:lol:

HELLYEAH!! Redneck Drifting!!!!:lol::bigthumb

NaomiDstangLvr
01-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Just finished firing up the flamer after putting some gt-40's and a little cam in....hit the key and it started right up...just like it had never been torn apart:D

Must be nice! :lol: We've been trying to get ours together for a year now! :confused:

kennebellcobra
01-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Must be nice! :lol: We've been trying to get ours together for a year now! :confused:

A year...I would be going crazy. Why not start a thread with the problems...I'm sure between everyone we could help figure it out.

mustangboy
01-30-2009, 10:41 PM
We've been trying to get ours together for a year now! :confused:

Hell I'm over two years now and this is the second time I've owned the car. I will say that Shannon don't mess around, when he tears one down it don't sit very long, but if you've see his kick ass garage he has no reason not to be out there working.

NaomiDstangLvr
01-31-2009, 10:42 AM
A year...I would be going crazy. Why not start a thread with the problems...I'm sure between everyone we could help figure it out.

Well its like this, he fixes one thing then another problem happens! :( Like he found out the other day, he thought it was out of gas so he put a few gallons in it, starts it up, then dies. So obviously it needs a fuel pump now! :bangwall: Plus we've been trying to find someone to do body and paint for a decent price...

But its just piddly little stuff that needs done to it right now. I've posted it up on our works in progress thread....

kennebellcobra
01-31-2009, 05:19 PM
I've posted it up on our works in progress thread....

I checked it out...I cheated I bought one with all the body work and paint done all I did was heads and cam.

Looks like when you get everything done it will be a really nice car....have you checked with plated on painting it?

plated
01-31-2009, 07:12 PM
I checked it out...I cheated I bought one with all the body work and paint done all I did was heads and cam.

Looks like when you get everything done it will be a really nice car....have you checked with plated on painting it?

i'm riding out to ther house one day this week to take a look at it;) looks like a cool project:evilflip:

NaomiDstangLvr
02-02-2009, 01:54 AM

I know hubby has talked to him I think....

Thanks for checking it out! I enjoy compliments on it lol! I think it'll look pretty mean once it's done. Chad has shorty headers on it right now, but now I think he's wanting to put the long tube ones on now, ugh, can't make up his mind! LOL!

NaomiDstangLvr
02-02-2009, 01:55 AM
i'm riding out to ther house one day this week to take a look at it;) looks like a cool project:evilflip:

OH! LOL! I like how Chad keeps me updated on things! Lol! I think this storm is supposed to go around us, so I hope you can get out here this week! ;)