Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone ever have service done by Zeigler's Auto Service????? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have service done by Zeigler's Auto Service?????

Mista Bone
01-26-2009, 03:20 PM
in Kenwood/Blue Ash area?

Thankfully my son is smart enough to call me when he smells bullshit.

He had the rear struts replaced on his GF/finace's 95 Camry almost a year ago, they were blown. He went back to get them fixed under the stated one year warranty. They said the LF brake caliper caused the rear struts to blow, Red Flag #1. Then after telling them how he was not happy about their service, they would put the old ones back on, like they have been storing them for almost a year???, red flag #2. Today he get back to pick up the car, not knowing if the struts have been replaced and is told thy can't be warrantied unless the bad rack and pinion is replaced for another $1200, red flag #3.

I did look tem up on the local BBB website, two complaints in the past 36 months, which isn't bad, but not perfect either.

Just called him back while typing this, the owner, Jim Zeigler is looking into the matter. The struts were "supposed" to be Autozone replacements. The car is left at the shop to be looked at in the morning.....frh snow will make that obvious. I'm wondering if the owner got screwed by an employee doing shoddy work or if the owner has this style or business practice?

Black Horse
01-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Jim used to run a stand-up operation when he was involved and hands-on. If he is off vacationing and semi-retired letting the kids run the place, who knows. Sounds like they might need to show you first hand the problems.

Any shop that uses Autozone as their parts supplier I would stay far, far away from.

facemelter71
01-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Every one I have worked for used Autozone.Midas,Tires plus,tire discounters.And the struts will most likely have a lifetime warrenty,only a few come with a 1 year.

Mista Bone
01-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Jim used to run a stand-up operation when he was involved and hands-on. If he is off vacationing and semi-retired letting the kids run the place, who knows. Sounds like they might need to show you first hand the problems.

Any shop that uses Autozone as their parts supplier I would stay far, far away from.

Thats what I was thinking. I did ask who he talked too and approx. age. The son said Jim (name on shirt) was atleast 70 or looked to be that old. I'm thinking that the understaff is who put the screws to not only the customer, but the owner as well.

The car does have 200k plus miles on it. I didn't like the idea of struts last year, but as the boy put it, it bounced like it had hydraulics on it. Worse than a Ford Tempo. I'm trying to not get involved, but might have too.

69Cobra
01-26-2009, 11:30 PM

X100000000

PonymanfiveO
01-26-2009, 11:31 PM
I call it "Last Resort Zone". :lol:

graysonracin
01-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Sounds like bs to me, i dont think the rack can cause the struts to go bad, i would demand the warrantied struts be replaced, the other issues are not involved with the strut function. Tell this guy to f'off and find a new shop after he replaces the struts. I work on cars for a living, and would never try to pull something like that, let alone the shops ive worked in wouldnt either.

Mista Bone
01-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Didn't hear back from the son tonight, he does have a no BS attitude that both my ex and me share. Come to find out one of the mechanics there is a friend of his GF/finance's family.

I told him to get the struts replaced and be allowed to view the new pieces on the car before it is lowered off the lift. I'm worried that something else might be "tweaked" on the car for a later failure.

I know he will not be going back there. Hopefully the car last till spring and he can go visit Beefcake for a good new or used car. Maybe even a Focus or a used 4 door Tararus.

Mista Bone
02-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Well, the son got the car back today.

Rear struts were replaced, but the fronts were not. He hadn't mentioned them to me, typical teenager.

Now when turning the RF moans and when going over any bumps there is a loud popping noise. Mind you it was only a 3 mile drive home mostly down Kenwood Road.

Good/Bad news.

Good = he took over payments on his moms RAV4 and it about to be put in his name.
Bad = she is now legally blind.

She was born blind in her left eye, didn't mind the joke "Blind in one eye, can't see out of the other" when we where together, but it is now true. She qualifies for disability and I bet she wasted no time signing up for it!

Mista Bone
02-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, the son gave up on Zeigler's, they did replace the rears, fronts weren't touched.

He took the car the Overbeck's, $1250 for front strunts, upper plates, alignment, etc.

He did get a quote for the steering rack which has a minor leak, Steve said it's not bad enough to worry about replacing, but to keep an eye one it.

Subway paid for the work. Seems his girlfriend found a knife in her sub a while back that was baked in. I think he got $5000 settlement to keep quiet.