Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Rehab [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rehab

cobrajoe
01-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Is there anyone on here who may know of a good rehab center for Alcoholism. I have a relative who has hit rock bottom and is seeking/wanting help. There is a family history of it. Problem is he has no insurance and is working in the fast food industry and has no transportation. Any help would be appreciated. Also he would like to do a inpatient type program.

DeckerEnt
01-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Joe, I would contact AA. I am sure they can reccommend something for him. Not sure this is the right forum to ask that question.:cheers::drunk::chug::drool:

Mista Bone
01-26-2009, 03:30 PM
AA = Tri State center on Kemper Road, just east of I-75 and Spradlin Auto Parts, before you get to Canal Street.

Other than that, I doubt there is any free/cheap inpatient programs.

Google yields this in Batavia

http://www.eastside-center.org/

How much was his intake? HONESTLY. When I attended a few AA meetings there, I figured out REALLY quick while I was dependent, man their are some bad people out there. I would say atleast HALF were drinking a fifth a day or more, while still driving and holding down a job. I was only drinking 5-8 beers a night AFTER work at home.

Which led me to finding out I'm bipolar/depressive...but not enough to be on meds.

So I stick to just beer.......which is bad....but I could be alot worse.

Mista Bone
01-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah, take is considered step one.

The whole praying and God references in the rest of the steps is what really turned me off.

The internet = one big group session if you think about it.

Black Horse
01-26-2009, 03:34 PM
If he/she has health insurance you may be able to see if the provider has a service they use or is within their plan. Some of the local hospitals are starting substance abuse units.

Katmandu
01-26-2009, 03:47 PM
If he's a Veteran, get him to the nearest VA.

If you need help getting contact info at the VA, EMail me -->> Katmandu@woh.rr.com

It's GREAT he's wanting help! :bigthumb THAT is 1/2 the battle WON right there.

Mista Bone
01-26-2009, 04:13 PM
making the call for help is a BIG step, no longer in denial.

DSSKing68
01-27-2009, 11:56 AM
I went through The University Hospital inpatient program and St. Luke's IOP program. Not something you want to do without insurance though. I was fortunate to have awesome insurance at that time.

I was really impressed with the program at University. Not sure if they still do it though, it has been a few years ago.

I do attend group every week too, hope he finds some help.

3 years + sober for me.

StangGirlRN
02-10-2009, 12:15 PM
3 years + sober for me.

WTG! That's a major accomplishment! :bigthumb

Foxxx5oh
02-10-2009, 12:24 PM
i was looking into AA, i have the manual, but if he isnt a religious person, it will stray him away very quick like Mista said and like ive been through...best thing ive found is to get a close knit group of friends who will keep an eye on ya and keep you from doing anything stupid.