Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Help.......famous car/racing quotes [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help.......famous car/racing quotes

PONYGRL
01-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Does anyone know of any famous racing or car quotes? They can be from the present or past and can be about anything car-related that I can recite, so that I can then provide support or follow up with a story of my own...

They can be by someone in nascar (a driver, or someone like jack roush) or by someone famous in history who is related to the topic somehow (i.e. whoever first started racing, Carol Shelby, Henry Ford or whomever).

Does anyone know of any good quotes or have any that they would reccommend?

For example, someone speaking about their love for cars or how racing is a way for them to express themselves, etc.

The quotes are very crucial... I have researched and cannot find any. I need 2 good ones by next Tuesday for a speech I have to give in my 8:00AM Advanced Public Speaking class, so it's a pretty big deal. I chose "My love for cars" as my "Passion Speech" topic, which is 5-6 minutes in length.

I am going to spend some time talking about the Mustang in particular, since not only do I own one, but it is a big part of America's history and was the first real family sports car....

So far, I am considering Chip Foose's:
"I like cars. I couldn't tell you why. It's an extension of one's personality. It's personal freedom.” -I only want to use this as a last resort though. I can also make a reference to someone in history's life. (i.e. if I had picked "gardening" as my passion, I could briefly tell martha stewart's life story, except leave out the criminal part).

Thanks guys, hopefully someone can help me out.

04 Venom
01-23-2009, 09:03 AM
"Too much power is almost enough". Not sure who originally said it, but it has been attributed to Caroll Shelby. Maybe someone else can nail down the source.

347sc
01-23-2009, 09:06 AM
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less Im free" Dominic Tourreto:chicken:

Stangman
01-23-2009, 09:10 AM
You should watch the new Gone in 60 seconds for some sort of passionate quote about the Eleanor... cuz I'm pretty sure there are a few in that movie.

PONYGRL
01-23-2009, 09:14 AM
You should watch the new Gone in 60 seconds for some sort of passionate quote about the Eleanor... cuz I'm pretty sure there are a few in that movie.

Lol if only it were that easy. I think it needs to be from a reputable person speaking on a topic that they are an expert in, i.e someone like Henry Ford.

Nicholas Cage is reputable in my book, but my professor is extremely strict and it's a tough class, so I don't think that would fly :(

PaulFiveOh
01-23-2009, 09:33 AM
If you are not first, you are last.
-Ricky Bobby

Stangman
01-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Lol if only it were that easy. I think it needs to be from a reputable person speaking on a topic that they are an expert in, i.e someone like Henry Ford.

Nicholas Cage is reputable in my book, but my professor is extremely strict and it's a tough class, so I don't think that would fly :(

That's a bite in the ass...:mad:

How about... You can have any color, as long as it's black? lol

PaulFiveOh
01-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Please don't let the invisible fire burn my friend!
Cal Naughton, Jr.

Black Horse
01-23-2009, 09:48 AM
"Loose Scares the Passengers, Tight scares the Drivers" Darryl Waltrip (I'm sure he has a bunch more)

"If you aren't on your top spinning towards the wall, I'm not scared - think you can go faster?" Me , during a ridealong event a long time ago.

03silversnake
01-23-2009, 09:52 AM
try this site good stuff
http://fullthrottle.cranialcavity.net/famous-racing-quotes

tdm309
01-23-2009, 10:58 AM
"help me tom cruise" Ricky Bobby

Bluecrew07
01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
That's a bite in the ass...:mad:

How about... You can have any color, as long as it's black? lol
Thats right lol

"You can have any color as long as its black" Henery Ford

That really the only color anyways lol

Maximus
01-23-2009, 12:03 PM
"Nitrous jets are for Pussies!" -Craig Metcafe:lol::bigthumb

DeckerEnt
01-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Put the big pills in it. Our very own Matt Johnson!!
That's what you get when you try and chase down a Ford! I like that one.
Keith

PONYGRL
01-23-2009, 12:06 PM
"Nitrous jets are for Pussies!" -Craig Metcafe:lol::bigthumb

That would go over well.....if I wanted to get kicked outta class!!

Maximus
01-23-2009, 12:26 PM
That would go over well.....if I wanted to get kicked outta class!!

Ehh. You didnt say it, you are just reading a quote. Maybe you should just take Craig and Rob into class with you as guest speakers.:bigthumb

Stangman
01-23-2009, 12:36 PM
"America is about speed, Hot, nasty speed" -Eleanor Roosevelt

:lol::rofl:

PonymanfiveO
01-23-2009, 12:48 PM
"Im too drunk to eat this chicken"

The late great Colonel Harland Sanders

:lol:

Black Horse
01-23-2009, 01:44 PM
"If it has Tits or Tires you are going to have problems" - author unknown

67Terror
01-23-2009, 02:18 PM
You could use your own quote: "OH MY GOD! ARE WE REALLY DOING 115?" from the first time i gave yo a ride in the 67 back in hs.:D

PONYGRL
01-23-2009, 02:23 PM
You could use your own quote: "OH MY GOD! ARE WE REALLY DOING 115?" from the first time i gave yo a ride in the 67 back in hs.:D

Yeah I remember that. I think that's what got me hooked ;)

And this thread is out of control now... lol 75% of the input has been completely random, with obscene quotes unrealted to the topic haha!

pegasus
01-23-2009, 02:34 PM
there have been some shitty mustangs ~carol Shelby

Hatchback kid
01-23-2009, 03:29 PM
A couple that i know of are....

"Anyone can drive a fast car, few can drive a car fast."

"I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's." (Ayrton Senna)

"You will never know the feeling of a driver when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood." (Ayrton Senna)

Mark66
01-23-2009, 03:39 PM
You win some, lose some, and wreck some.
Dale Earnhardt

Kevin1989
01-23-2009, 03:44 PM
The winner aint always the one with the fastest car, Its the one who refuses to loose, Dale Earnhardt

Kevin1989
01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Horse power is how fast you hit the wall and tourqe is how far you take the wall with you.

KB1
01-23-2009, 04:20 PM
"One day we'll find ourselves at the bottom of the heap, instead of the king of the hill, buying our radios & cars from our former enemies!"

Preston Tucker

Kevin

Gearhead
01-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Hunter Thompson:

“Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.”

"Some people will tell you that slow is good-and it may be, on some days...but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
That is why God made fast motorcycles ..."

"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous"

Ernest Hemingway:

"There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games. ”

Goober
01-23-2009, 05:41 PM
You don't need a quote. Just buy a dirty John Force driving suit. You'll get extra credit.

2007ShelbyCobra
01-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Carrol Shelby "horse power sells cars, torque wins races"

Ummm, think its Dan Gurney "if your in control, your not going fast enough!"

Mongoose
01-23-2009, 06:18 PM
"That's what you get when you try to chase down a Ford!"
Mike Bell :D

Gene
01-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Carrol SMITH"horsepower sells cars, torque wins races"

Fixed that for you... ;)

Carroll Smith is a genius, Carroll Shelby is a dildo...

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague taste for something salty"
- Peter Egan

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donohue

"Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

"The only way to make a small fortune in racing is to start with a large one"
- Briggs Cunningham

mustang8998
01-23-2009, 08:31 PM
".....And I saw Elvis, at a 1000 feet" John Force.

There are probably a million gems you could dig up, coming from John!

Rick93coupe
01-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Hunter Thompson:
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous"

I really like this one.

beefcake
01-25-2009, 12:18 AM
one of the best ones i heard was when billy glidden was talkin about his dad racing again at wfc

his dad whooped up on a young racer and was accused of cheating

bob looked at the guy and said "son, you need more power"

lol, one of the best things i ever heard

PONYGRL
01-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks guys, I def have some to consider incorporation now.