Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
"The Last Race" [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "The Last Race"

Mista Bone
01-22-2009, 11:48 PM
http://www.northernthunder.com/lastrace.html

I'm posting this because Don Moody Sr. is being inducted into Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum Hall of Fame. I've been helping his son, Don Moody Jr. with CRX transmission questions and sort. Don Jr. was part of the beginning Import Racing Scene back in late 80's before all the BS and sponsers, when it was fun! Sorta like UMTR is now.

The few of you who know of my dad would appreciate this. Those of you who dont, well he use to drag race Top Fuel Dragster back in the 60's and early 70's.. He is recognised as one of NHRA's top 50 drag racers of all time and was a pioneer of the sport.

The award ceremony will be held at Fomoso Raceway in Bakersfield, California on the weekend of October 16-18. I would just like to thank him for being a big part of my life and growing up with this kind of background gave me the inspiration to do what I love to do. All I have ever thought about for as long as I can remember was drag racing. I hope that he is as proud of me as I am of him.

The family and I will be making the trip to Bakersfield, CA on October 16th. My older sister and I will be accepting the award in honor of my dad.

He is the reason why I do what I do. I may not be racing american muscle. But Drag racing is Drag racing.. And I love what I do.

My sister and I will be accepting the award in honor of my dad since he will not be able to attend the event due to traveling arrangements...

My dad has not been in good health as of late.But I am not saying that he is on his death bed.. But as a son, I hope that he gets the chance to cement his name in the actual NHRA Hall of Fame and in a History that we all strive for in the Don Garlits Museum in Florida before he leaves us. Please help with the induction and send your emails to induct him into the Hall of Fame to garlits@mfi.net