Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Carroll Shelby is suing Factory Five for trademark infringement! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Carroll Shelby is suing Factory Five for trademark infringement!

REDHOTGTGIRL
01-21-2009, 09:53 AM
I think this is crazy! More so for the fact that Factory Five has been creating replicas for almost 15 years now, sure he's noticed them before. I don't really know about all the legal details, it is possible there is a case. But I just don't understand why Shelby would wait so long. I would think it would be beneficial to Shelby to try and work with these groups rather than fight them. I'm curious to see what happens...

http://www.iptrademarkattorney.com/2008/12/los-angeles-trademark-shelby-car-racing-motorsports-automobiles-lawyer.html

mustangjon
01-21-2009, 09:58 AM
the problem isnt the cars.. its the website.. here read in this section. Basically if people search for carroll shelby they are going to be mislead to the factory five website..

FFR allegedly uses trademarks owned by or licensed to Shelby in the metatags thereof to draw Internet traffic to the site, “these marks appear in the metatags but not in the posted content of the web pages, reflecting a design to conceal their use.” Further, the complaint alleges that links from FFR’s website directs traffic to LK Motorsports and Internet Community Partners, LLC's websites, where further infringing use of the trade dress and trademarks occur. The case is titled Carroll Shelby v. Factory Five Racing, Inc. et al., CV 08-07881 CAS (C.D. Cal. 2008).

REDHOTGTGIRL
01-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Ah, gotcha. That makes a little more sense. I probably should have read into it a little more before posting. LOL I received an email about it from ffcobra.com, which is a factory five forum, and they didn't mention the internet stuff. I just did a quick google search for a news article to link and I guess I read through it so fast I missed that part at the bottom. They also talked about the badging on the cars. I still think he should try to work things out with them somehow.