Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Mortgages?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mortgages??

DSSKing68
01-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Is anyone on the site doing Mortgages or can recommend someone? I thought we had a member that was....??

Black Horse
01-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Give Brandon a call (fst5pto) at Metropolitan Mortgage 349-3943. Brandon is a site sponsor and will do a great job of getting you hooked up!

Jeepman1991
01-20-2009, 12:50 PM
A friend of mine just got me 4.5%.

Justin Theilman
Mortgage Loan Officer
Guardian Savings Bank
11333 Princeton Pike
Cincinnati, OH 45246
513-300-1414 cell
513-842-8900 office
513-201-0097 fax
justin@guardiansavingsbank.com
www.guardiansavingsbank.com

fst 5pto
01-20-2009, 01:04 PM
A friend of mine just got me 4.5%.

Justin Theilman
Mortgage Loan Officer
Guardian Savings Bank
11333 Princeton Pike
Cincinnati, OH 45246
513-300-1414 cell
513-842-8900 office
513-201-0097 fax
justin@guardiansavingsbank.com
www.guardiansavingsbank.com

That's not a bad rate. A lot of factors do apply. We are seeing low 4's, but credit, loan to value, and income are all factors.

If ya wanna give me a call ill put something together for you!

Brandon
513-349-3943

NaomiDstangLvr
01-20-2009, 01:20 PM
I'd like to get a mortgage :lol: But our credit isn't great and probably wouldn't have much of a down payment. It was hard enough for us to get a used car more then less a house. But I've heard people say its easier to get financed for a house then a car....

satan jamez
01-20-2009, 04:28 PM
I would love to refinance! I have no down payment and my house is probably worth less than I paid for it 2 years ago. Can anyone help?

fst 5pto
01-20-2009, 04:42 PM
I would love to refinance! I have no down payment and my house is probably worth less than I paid for it 2 years ago. Can anyone help?

PM Sent!

NaomiDstangLvr
01-20-2009, 04:53 PM
That's not a bad rate. A lot of factors do apply. We are seeing low 4's, but credit, loan to value, and income are all factors.

If ya wanna give me a call ill put something together for you!

Brandon
513-349-3943

Think you can talk my husband into getting one? He thinks there's no chance we could.;):rolleyes: I think what we pay in rent, we could get a house...

Hangingcogs
01-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Call Mary Beth, her info is below! After getting screwed around by 3 mortgage companies we finally met Mary Beth! Ask her if you qualify for Ohio Bond Money. It is a fixed interest rate with and without down payment assistance and the best way to go in all my research! Tell her Marci sent you!

Mary Beth Calendine
Mortgage Consultant
National City Mortgage, a division of National City Bank
9235 Floer Drive
West Chester, Ohio 45069
Office 513-346-3604
marybeth.calendine@ncmc.com

NaomiDstangLvr
01-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Call Mary Beth, her info is below! After getting screwed around by 3 mortgage companies we finally met Mary Beth! Ask her if you qualify for Ohio Bond Money. It is a fixed interest rate with and without down payment assistance and the best way to go in all my research! Tell her Marci sent you!

Mary Beth Calendine
Mortgage Consultant
National City Mortgage, a division of National City Bank
9235 Floer Drive
West Chester, Ohio 45069
Office 513-346-3604
marybeth.calendine@ncmc.com

That's what I'd like to have is a fixed rate, the down payment assistance sounds nice also. Maybe I can talk him into it! :lol:

Hangingcogs
01-20-2009, 05:10 PM
You talk him into it and I'll sell you our house! It's in Sedona Ridge so you wouldn't even have to move far! I bet for what you are paying in rent you throw in $100-$200 and you have a mortgage!

MsBlkramair
01-20-2009, 05:16 PM
I am trying to get a mortgage right now too. So.....no body better buy my house on here! lol

FireStang02
01-20-2009, 06:17 PM
I'd like to get a mortgage :lol: But our credit isn't great and probably wouldn't have much of a down payment. It was hard enough for us to get a used car more then less a house. But I've heard people say its easier to get financed for a house then a car....

That use to be the case and it is part of the reason the mortgage crisis happened. Its getting to be a little tougher again.

beefcake
01-20-2009, 08:09 PM
brandon just did my refi nice low pmt

NaomiDstangLvr
01-21-2009, 01:25 PM
You talk him into it and I'll sell you our house! It's in Sedona Ridge so you wouldn't even have to move far! I bet for what you are paying in rent you throw in $100-$200 and you have a mortgage!

Does it have a garage? ;)

Jeff88coupe
01-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Jenn and I just refinanced our house with Gaurdian Savings bank...4.5% fixed for 15 years...and the best part $250 closing costs if you have 740+ credit score.

5.0calypso93lx
01-21-2009, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't go to anyone but Brandon. He goes out of his way to hook it up. Whenever I decide to get my head out of my ass, that's where I'll be going.

Jeepman1991
01-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Jenn and I just refinanced our house with Gaurdian Savings bank...4.5% fixed for 15 years...and the best part $250 closing costs if you have 740+ credit score.

That's who my guy is with, a friend for many years.

Who did your loan?

I went 15 years as well. Payment only went up 150 bux!

Waffles
01-21-2009, 04:00 PM
If you can't get a mortgage now, here's some advice. I spent 5 years brokering mortgages and 2 of those as a branch manager. It's been a few years and I know restrictions have changed a lot since the crisis came to the forefront, but this part holds true even moreso now.

There are a ton of builders out there that are sitting on brand new houses they can't sell. I read about a week ago that we have about a million more homes in the US than we need. If you can find these builders, usually the smaller ones, they'll have deals. They're desperate. Usually you can talk these builders into great deals, and get them to give you a land contract.

Here are the advantages of a land contract (not the same as a lease option). No matter what the property is really worth, what you buy it for is always the banks accepted value for the property. For instance, if you get a $200,000 house for $175,000, as far as the bank is concerned it's only worth $175,000. If you are able to get a land contract which is recorded at the courthouse, stay in it for at least a year (I recommend two) making on time payments with checks (so you have proof), some banks will treat it as a refinance when you do purchase it. You'll get a better LTV (loan to value ratio) because you've been paying on it for two years, they'll accept an appraisal as the value, and they'll consider the fact that you've already been in the house making the payments for two years already. If you expect the payment to go up when you get actually bank financing and can afford to, put the difference of the payment into savings. Make sure that you make a regular amount at the same times every month. I've used this many times to prove a borrowers ability to afford a payment and get underwriting exceptions.

With any luck the market will rebound and you'll have paid the balance down. In two years you could be looking at refinancing $170,000 on a house worth $210,000 with regular payments to prove you can do it. These are good compensating factors to present during the approval process, especially if it's manually underwritten.

fst 5pto
01-21-2009, 04:20 PM
If you can't get a mortgage now, here's some advice. I spent 5 years brokering mortgages and 2 of those as a branch manager. It's been a few years and I know restrictions have changed a lot since the crisis came to the forefront, but this part holds true even moreso now.

There are a ton of builders out there that are sitting on brand new houses they can't sell. I read about a week ago that we have about a million more homes in the US than we need. If you can find these builders, usually the smaller ones, they'll have deals. They're desperate. Usually you can talk these builders into great deals, and get them to give you a land contract.

Here are the advantages of a land contract (not the same as a lease option). No matter what the property is really worth, what you buy it for is always the banks accepted value for the property. For instance, if you get a $200,000 house for $175,000, as far as the bank is concerned it's only worth $175,000. If you are able to get a land contract which is recorded at the courthouse, stay in it for at least a year (I recommend two) making on time payments with checks (so you have proof), some banks will treat it as a refinance when you do purchase it. You'll get a better LTV (loan to value ratio) because you've been paying on it for two years, they'll accept an appraisal as the value, and they'll consider the fact that you've already been in the house making the payments for two years already. If you expect the payment to go up when you get actually bank financing and can afford to, put the difference of the payment into savings. Make sure that you make a regular amount at the same times every month. I've used this many times to prove a borrowers ability to afford a payment and get underwriting exceptions.

With any luck the market will rebound and you'll have paid the balance down. In two years you could be looking at refinancing $170,000 on a house worth $210,000 with regular payments to prove you can do it. These are good compensating factors to present during the approval process, especially if it's manually underwritten.

Well put Hardcore! I would recommend this for anyone who is borderline able to purchase a home! Especially in this market, the house should appreciate dramatically over the next couple years if the market goes as predicted!

Waffles
01-22-2009, 02:17 PM
This is how I got the house I'm in now. I got it for $47k less than their asking price. It was a brand new house with a warranty. Now, I really tore it up because I'm on a 20 year amortization for 5 years when it balloons so I'll have to have bank financing by then.

At the end of 5 years I'll owe less than $114k, and if the market rebounds within FIVE YEARS (it doesn't even have to appreciate) then I'll be looking for a refinance loan at 65% LTV. Banks like those kinds of numbers, and will give exceptions on other things that might not be so good in light of compensating factors.