Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Chrysler, Italian Automaker Fiat Announce Global Strategic Alliance [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler, Italian Automaker Fiat Announce Global Strategic Alliance

BigBadStang
01-20-2009, 07:20 AM
I saw this on the morning AP...

"ROME — Italian automaker Fiat and Chrysler announced today they have signed a non-binding term sheet to establish a global strategic alliance.

Fiat's vice president and the heir to the Italian auto empire confirmed earlier the company was in talks with U.S. carmaker Chrysler.

Fiat shares were suspended from trading Tuesday pending a statement after reports surfaced of a possible partnership with Chrysler."

BigBadStang
01-20-2009, 07:49 AM
HERE (http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/transportation/fiat--stake-chrysler-cash/) is some more info...looks like Fiat will take a 35% stake in Chrysler for NO CASH...WOW!

firestang70
01-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Wow wonder where that bailout money will end up now??? Chao.

mustangjon
01-20-2009, 09:32 PM
I figure the whole thing is a global conglomerate aka the evil empire aka Walmart... taking all the bad products of the world and badging them under the same name.. next on their agenda is to aquire Yugo and the multiperson Wego's

Black Horse
01-20-2009, 10:03 PM
I think it is a little more basic than that. Fiat has had a long connection with Chrysler, I'll bet Chyrsler owed Fiat so much money that instead they said - here, you get 35% of the company. It would be like someone giving you a third of a junk heap......

Fix It Again Tony!!!

Gene
01-20-2009, 10:49 PM
If it increases the likelihood of me being able to buy a Fiat 500 Abarth, I'm all for it.

Rick93coupe
01-20-2009, 11:10 PM
If it increases the likelihood of me being able to buy a Fiat 500 Abarth, I'm all for it.

They look like a scrunched up VW Golf, of coarse I love my GTI, so I can see it.

BigBadStang
01-21-2009, 04:34 PM

They look like a scrunched up VW Golf, of coarse I love my GTI, so I can see it.

THIS THING?!! WTF!
It looks like a Little Tykes plastic toy, you can have it.

http://www.autovscar.com/mkportal/modules/gallery/album/a_408.jpg

leroy93lx
01-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Im glad to see them doing something. May keep me in a job a while longer!!