Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
I wonder if this is true....... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if this is true.......

Maximus
01-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Luke AFB is west of Phoenix and is rapidly being surrounded by civilization that complains about the noise from the base and its planes, forgetting that it was there long before they were. A certain lieutenant colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the back. Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall.

When that individual read the response from a Luke AFB officer, it must Have stung quite a bit.

The complaint:
'Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base:

Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 A.M, a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the

Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special?

Any response would be appreciated.

The response:

Regarding 'A wake-up call from Luke's jets' On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four- ship fly by of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day.

At 9 a. m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend. Based on the letter writer's recount of the fly by, and because of the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured..

A four-ship fly by is a display of respect the Air Force gives to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, 'Whom do we thank for the morning air show? The 56th Fighter Wing will make the call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the Am erican Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

Hatchback kid
01-16-2009, 05:54 PM
I like how someone was complaining about being woken up at 9:11 on a WEDNESDAY, do they have no job?No school?No life? some people just dont have anything better to do than bitch. I bet they feel like shit now after reading that response which was a very good one.

wht_stang
01-16-2009, 06:13 PM
I bet that sob felt 2 inches tall.

88ssp
01-16-2009, 06:19 PM
I know for a fact that Luke AFB is pretty busy with fighter jets flying around. I saw them all of the time when I lived out there.

Pyro50
01-16-2009, 06:39 PM
It is true.............

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/wakeup.asp

Maximus
01-16-2009, 06:51 PM
It is true.............

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/wakeup.asp

Its cool that the guy Apologized.:bigthumb

NUTTSGT
01-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Its cool that the guy Apologized.:bigthumb

It's nice that he apologized, but any vet should have known what the missing man formation is. Maybe Snopes should verify is military service.

MFIELD
01-16-2009, 10:11 PM
My last house was right off the flight path at Wright Patt and I loved it. One dream I've always had was to be able to go up in one of them.

Mista Bone
01-17-2009, 01:29 AM
When I stayed in Virgina Beach it was great to see the planes leaving Oceana Naval Base.

Every once in a while the pilot would hit the afterburners after he cleared the coastline........poof and he was gone!

Black92LX
01-17-2009, 02:24 AM
When I went to Wittenberg we were in Wright Pats fly zones. It was great. I always loved watching the planes. Granted fighter jets were not the majority in and out but I would have enjoyed it more.

I remember the best was when they had that large hurricane on the east coast and they brought a ton of planes from the bases stationed on the east coast to Wright Pat. Most beautiful thing I have ever seen was a squaddron of B1 Lancers.

IWRBB
01-17-2009, 08:08 AM
I like how someone was complaining about being woken up at 9:11 on a WEDNESDAY, do they have no job?No school?No life? some people just dont have anything better to do than bitch. I bet they feel like shit now after reading that response which was a very good one.

"It's mornin, they should be up cooking breakfast."

thecollector
01-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Luke AFB is west of Phoenix and is rapidly being surrounded by civilization that complains about the noise from the base and its planes, forgetting that it was there long before they were. A certain lieutenant colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the back. Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall.

When that individual read the response from a Luke AFB officer, it must Have stung quite a bit.

The complaint:
'Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base:

Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 A.M, a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the

Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special?

Any response would be appreciated.

The response:

Regarding 'A wake-up call from Luke's jets' On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four- ship fly by of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day.

At 9 a. m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend. Based on the letter writer's recount of the fly by, and because of the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured..

A four-ship fly by is a display of respect the Air Force gives to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, 'Whom do we thank for the morning air show? The 56th Fighter Wing will make the call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the Am erican Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

Good post, Awesome response by Rosensteel. I bet that guy turned to salt when he read that...

MrsAPE
01-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Alan forwarded this to me..it's going through the firehouse as well. Another individual who will lay down their life sometimes not even for the person, but the property. That guy had to feel like a total ass. Nice of him to own up.

quik lx
01-18-2009, 10:58 AM
I have to deal with that all the time, Were not allowed to run the airplanes after 10PM down at Lunken. Even though Lunken Airport is the oldest corporate airport in the country!!! What'ev:mad:

DeckerEnt
01-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Saw a jet, an f-16 or 18 I think in Tenn. I was staying at the airport hotel. Military jet takes off, turns around, blasted down runway at about 50 feet, turned around came back then stood it on the afterburners and went straight up. Nothing like a morning air show!!!
Keith

Kwik92GT
01-18-2009, 12:21 PM
"It's mornin, they should be up cooking breakfast."

"it's like an alarm clock .... whooo whooo" :lol:

DeckerEnt
01-18-2009, 05:50 PM
"it's like an alarm clock .... whooo whooo" :lol:

A very patriotic alarm clock. One that i would not hit the snooze button for. LOL
Keith

Timido
01-18-2009, 06:17 PM
That is one noise I will never get tired of hearing a fighter taking off at full AB. We got complaints all the time from the hippies in Yellow Springs about the f-16 noise. Thats the sound of Freedom. You should hear about 75-100 fighters and Bombers taking off one after anouther on a "Show Of Force" WFO all night long that is the coolest air show I have even seen.

Lexstang
01-18-2009, 10:15 PM
I think the response letter is awesome. People are so self centered these days.
Heck I get aggervated that I can't drive my tractor trailer to stores(mostly targets and walmarts) because someone decided to build condo's or apartments behind the walmart.

MustangChuck
01-19-2009, 12:41 AM
The Colonel's response motivates me!