Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Freeking cold!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Freeking cold!!!

PonymanfiveO
01-16-2009, 07:55 AM
I went out almost a half hour early and started my car to let it defrost and warm up. I came back out to leave for work and the windshield was still frosted over. I hopped in and it was blowing ice cold air and the temp gauge was up in the red. I shup it off and came back inside.

shitty shit. Hope nothing is destroyed. :(

PONYGRL
01-16-2009, 07:58 AM
There is major frost on the inside of all my windows on my new mustang and it is annoying. So frosty that I need to use a scraper on the INSIDE of the window, which is something I have never had happen before.

And my driver side door is SCREWED up and hardly shutting... and makes a bad sound when you close it, like something it hitting.... It will be going to Ford this weekend hopefully. What can you expect from a new ford... my other car didn't have 1 problem in 2 years.

PonymanfiveO
01-16-2009, 08:06 AM
look to see if your window drops a little bit when you open your door and goes up when you close the door. If not, its staying up all the way and hitting the trim at the top. It will destroy it probably if you dont have it fixed soon.

PONYGRL
01-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Yep I am planning on it. It just doesn't sound right to me when it closes and it might be hitting. It has been too cold outside for me to investigate, but its been doing it for a couple weeks now.

Good thing I got an 80k bumper to bumper warranty for the stupid thing.

cobrajoe
01-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah the "bounce-down" is probably sticking due to the cold. After you get the car warmed up it should be fine. It's just sticking to the weather seal. My 06 does the same thing.

DeckerEnt
01-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Where is global warming when we need it.
Keith

thecollector
01-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Where is global warming when we need it.
Keith
Remeber it's not global warming its "climate change.":lol:

Your morning could be worse, I saw 3 cars overheating across I275 E bound this morning. I spent all last week in Minnesota so I am somewhat conditioned to it, my focus on the other hand-is not. My oil temp never got close to warm till I got on the highway and it took 3x's longer to reach operating temp. At least I got to work this morning W/O problems.

Holly
01-16-2009, 08:42 AM
I love my garage, more than anything right now. :lol:

RACEME
01-16-2009, 10:13 AM
I love my garage, more than anything right now. :lol:

I installed remote starts on mine and the wife's cars a few weeks ago. Money and time well spent on days like this.

Mike
01-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah, my daily driver Ranger has a flat tire. So this evening, I have to jack it up, and pull the wheel off. Fuck my life. It's SOOOOOOO cold out.

Maximus
01-16-2009, 10:46 AM
I plugged my truck in.:)

cstreu1026
01-16-2009, 10:54 AM
I like cold weather but this is a bit crazy. I am just glad it doesn't get like this very often and when it does it only last a day or two.

Jeff88coupe
01-16-2009, 10:54 AM
I cheat :D

I have a little electric space heater that I put in my car and aim at the windshield. Have it pluged in to a heavy extention cord that I have on a timer switch that is plugged in the garage. Have it set to turn on about a hour before I leave. Most mornings it is roasty toasty by the time I leave with the windows clear....this morning...it was only warm. The honda didn't like starting at all this morning...took it a good 30 seconds after it fired to start sounding right at idle.

cstreu1026
01-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Nothing like really cold weather to find out what is wrong with a car. My SRT4 is riding like shit and it didn't want to start this morning.

89notch
01-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I cheat :D

I have a little electric space heater that I put in my car and aim at the windshield. Have it pluged in to a heavy extention cord that I have on a timer switch that is plugged in the garage. Have it set to turn on about a hour before I leave. Most mornings it is roasty toasty by the time I leave with the windows clear....this morning...it was only warm. The honda didn't like starting at all this morning...took it a good 30 seconds after it fired to start sounding right at idle.

I the same thing I wired it into my plug for the block warmer since its a diesel. My truck is always 60 degrees inside in the morning and windows clean.:lol:

TARDY
01-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Find a 28ft ladder,throw it up on your closest utility pole and climb to the top.stay up there for about 20 min. or so.........welcome to my job..brrrrrrrrrr

ITS COLD!!!!!!!!!

snotzs135
01-16-2009, 11:14 AM
had to jump start my truck this am it would hardly trun over off to get a new battery what fun:bangwall:

INSANEBA
01-16-2009, 11:16 AM
My nostrils froze together last night walking from my shop to the house lol. My truck cranks a bit slow and makes some weird noises at first, but with an optima battery and 287,000 miles I'm tickeled it starts and runs lmao...

Silver Bullet
01-16-2009, 12:06 PM
I plugged my truck in.:)

Mine don't have a plug... and it kills the battery trying to start it.... looks like I'm going to be delayed getting to your store....:(

Mike
01-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Nothing like really cold weather to find out what is wrong with a car. My SRT4 is riding like shit and it didn't want to start this morning.

L O L

Thats hilarious. I had to drive the ladies SRT this morning, and aside from being frozen, took forever to start, and sounded like hell when it did.

I think Neons hate the cold.

ponymom05
01-16-2009, 01:32 PM
All week I've been driving Craigel's $100 Subaru that he bought with his rolled coins! Runs like a little champ. I start it about 10 minutes before I leave and it is all warm and cozy. Now where's the damn snow so I can play with it?

Holly
01-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Now where's the damn snow so I can play with it?

We'll get hit with a bunch of snow some day when they say we are going to get a "dusting" - GUARANFRIGGINTEED

Steves LX
01-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Well I did 2 stupid things this morning when I left for work. The first is I decided to drive the mustang. I stopped down at the firehouse to put it in a nice heated warm bay to spray it off. That was my 2nd stupid thing I did. I couldnt see out the windows from all the salt that was on it from driving it the other day. Well before I left I dried everything and off to work I go. Well after about 25 minutes into the drive I notice the temp guage wont get no warmer than 140-150 degrees. I had the heater on high and it wasn't that warm. It was luke warm at best. It didn't matter if I idled or hot dogged it. My windows were fogging up from the heat coming off of me and then sure as shit it was freezing on the inside.The car just refused to get warm enough to open the thermostat. So I decided to turn around and go back home and get my truck. Well when I get home and go to get out, the damn doors were froze shut. So I had to play Bo and Luke duke and crawl out the window. Then reach back in and roll the window up as far as it would allow me too before getting my arm stuck in the window. Its bad enough crawling in and out of that car with the cage in it when the whole door is open, much less just the damn window. What a screwed up morning.

DeckerEnt
01-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Steve, call it practice if you ever really need that cage and have to crawl out. Of course if that happens, there will probably be a nice warm fire to keep you all toasty. LOL
Keith

facemelter71
01-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Truck fired right up this morning.Got on 275E and was toolin along watchin the temp gauge.It decides to spike and blow coolant all over the place.It overheats and I coast it to RT4 perkins.Im in the back of the parking lot freezin my nuts to the vinyl seat wondering what Im going to do.
I called Oreilly's auto parts and have them deliver a new Radiator,t-stat,and gasket to Perkins parking lot and proceed to dismantel my heap right there.I get it fixed and runnin and make my way into work.
Thank god I had my special coat (Maximus and Paul know what im talkin about) and my under Amour longs jons on and my beenie.I was little cold this morning.

PKFIRE
01-16-2009, 02:05 PM
It was stupid cold this morning. My car made some funky sounds when I started it.

Another story was last night I saw a helpless person sitting in her ice cold car at school. Just to find out they have been waiting for security for over 1/2 an hour to give her a jump start. I was suprized no one stopped for her. Got her car started and off she went.

RACEME
01-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Mine don't have a plug... and it kills the battery trying to start it.... looks like I'm going to be delayed getting to your store....:(

Dang are you sure? I did not thing deisels came without a plug.

thecollector
01-16-2009, 03:07 PM

An engine block heater is an option, even on diesels. They would hate to have to add extra $20 in cost to a vehicle. My Dodge didn't even come with a rear bumper, it was listed as a $300 option.

Black Horse
01-16-2009, 03:10 PM

I think his HAD a plug but his cord wasn't long enough to reach where he was going :angel:

94tchikinv8
01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
I was over at my buddy's house last night splitting firewood in the cold. It was pretty chilly getting back to the woods on his quad!

My 06 Ranger cranked considerably slower than usual this morning, and then made a kind of squeel for a few seconds. I think it was the power steering pump. The engine chattered for a few minutes before it started running like usual. Once it was warm, it ran fine.

-Rob

MystichromeVert
01-16-2009, 04:15 PM
At least you all had power between 7:30 and 11:30 this morning... my poor wife and kids were stuck in a house with no heat for four hours while it's -6 degrees outside.

Don't ever buy an all electric home! Ever!

Silver Bullet
01-16-2009, 04:29 PM

I thought it would to for sure! I have never located a spot to plug it in though.:confused:

Silver Bullet
01-16-2009, 04:30 PM
I think his HAD a plug but his cord wasn't long enough to reach where he was going :angel:

At one point it would have been cheaper to run it on electric than diesel fuel!:bigthumb

Maximus
01-16-2009, 04:32 PM
No shit!!

Just park the Stang outside and put the truck in the Garage.:eek:

Silver Bullet
01-16-2009, 04:46 PM
No shit!!

Just park the Stang outside and put the truck in the Garage.:eek:

I don't think my truck will fit in the garage!:cool1:

Maximus
01-16-2009, 04:50 PM

Dude, its a truck. Make it fit!!!:bigthumb

Silver Bullet
01-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Dude, its a truck. Make it fit!!!:bigthumb

Fuggin thing still won't start.... 2 batteries.... both run down.....

PaulFiveOh
01-16-2009, 04:59 PM
The trailblazer made some funny noises too starting up.

My neighbors love me....I have an extension cord running from my condo front door across the lot to my Mustang trying to keep the block above 32 with a shop ligh......(My belt broke, over heated, threw water in it to get it home, now it has electrical problem to where it wont crank to push anti freeze in to the block.....fingers crossed lol)

Holly
01-16-2009, 05:19 PM

Vinny's F350 BARELY fit in our garage, after he rolled it a couple of times!

Silver Bullet
01-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Vinny's F350 BARELY fit in our garage, after he rolled it a couple of times!

Ouch! I remember that!:(

89notch
01-16-2009, 05:35 PM
I thought it would to for sure! I have never located a spot to plug it in though.:confused:
You need to order this ford part number 5C3Z6B018DA
http://catalog.powerstrokeshop.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=522997&siteid=214083&catalogid=3660

and directions to install

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-05-20.php

Should be good to go after that :bigthumb

Silver Bullet
01-16-2009, 06:18 PM
You need to order this ford part number 5C3Z6B018DA
http://catalog.powerstrokeshop.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=522997&siteid=214083&catalogid=3660

and directions to install

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-05-20.php

Should be good to go after that :bigthumb

Good information. I got up under the truck... located the plug that goes in the block.... and there was no cord! Cheap ass ford!:mad:

89notch
01-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Good information. I got up under the truck... located the plug that goes in the block.... and there was no cord! Cheap ass ford!:mad:

Just order the harness and plug it in. Ford only put the plugs on trcusk shipped to the "Cold" states which was only 10 states. I heard of people getting the cord on ebay for $25.00

Silver Bullet
01-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Just order the harness and plug it in. Ford only put the plugs on trcusk shipped to the "Cold" states which was only 10 states. I heard of people getting the cord on ebay for $25.00

$25 sounds good to me! Time to shop.

99Slobra
01-16-2009, 07:47 PM
my truck fired up no problem. I swapped in my extra Redtop yesterday.

My V1 keeps my windshield nice and clear though...

NUTTSGT
01-16-2009, 07:52 PM
To minimize the frosting up of the inside of the windshield, this is what I do. I hop in my truck, turn sideways (facing out) and knock my feet together (no need to say there's no place like home, I've already tried). This will knock most of the snow off my boots, which otherwise would melt inside the car, try to evaporate and frost up the inside of the windshield. It also helps keep the salt crude out of the truck and off the carpet.

aperacer
01-16-2009, 09:30 PM
i just have my son get up and start my truck for me... it was warm when i got in this morning... see kids are good for something.....

winner70ta
01-16-2009, 09:41 PM
My daughter called from Madison, WI last night. It was -27 with a -47 windchill! I'm not sure at what point it becomes so cold that it does not matter anymore but I don't like any of this crap!

MFIELD
01-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Well it was -15 this morning in South Bend IN. At least it was a little better than yesterday, we got 8-10" of new snow and some low rent busted out my driver window and stole my ipod. So I go out to find a seat full of glass with 8" of snow in my truck. Fugging asshole!!!

1992MustangDW
01-16-2009, 10:07 PM
acually all ford diesels had block heaters. If it was made in a state were it is a little warmer then they just didnt add the plug to it. should be under the driver side exhaust area. Im not exaclly sure tho

89notch
01-16-2009, 11:21 PM
acually all ford diesels had block heaters. If it was made in a state were it is a little warmer then they just didnt add the plug to it. should be under the driver side exhaust area. Im not exaclly sure tho

I know thats why I just gave him the link to order the harness to plug his in. :bigthumb

tcorns
01-17-2009, 12:27 AM
the block heaters are nice. but they are even better when you remember to plug in the other end of the extension cord!

trev

Ric54
01-17-2009, 08:24 AM
I spent about 4 hours yesterday trying to get a vehicle running and on the street. One will not fire (I suspect a fuel moisture problem). My truck started but could not make it up the hill in my driveway. I finally was able to get out of the driveway :eek:

My Mustangs were quietly resting in the garage waiting for Spring !

MrsAPE
01-17-2009, 09:05 AM
had to jump start my truck this am it would hardly trun over off to get a new battery what fun:bangwall:

ha ha ha..your way to short to jump your truck!! :cool1:

Between hubby and kids..my truck is always warm when I need to go!!

PonymanfiveO
01-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Brrrrr bitches! Im ready for spring.

Yesterday morning after the engine cooled back off I started it back up and let it sit for a half hour running. It never did get heat out of the vents. The temp gauge read normal, so I put my cover-all's on and headed to work. I got a mile up the road and the gauge went right up th the red. I let it cool off and drove another mile till it heated back up. I did that a few times till I got it to a buddys garage. I letf it inside all day and hitched a ride to work.

Apparently it was all iced up, because last night I pulled it out of the garage and drove it and it was fine. Had heat immediately too. :)

So today I flushed the cooling system real good and gave her a good drink of antifreeze.
Now Im in the Prestone Zone! :bigthumb bring on the cold! :lol:

Silver Bullet
01-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I know thats why I just gave him the link to order the harness to plug his in. :bigthumb

Beefcake has me one enrt!