Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Turn on the news [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Turn on the news

djom1cincy
01-15-2009, 04:04 PM
There's a plane down in the Hudson river. Still in one piece floating. 135 on board. Boats are tring to save people.

djom1cincy
01-15-2009, 04:10 PM
A passanger from the plane just called in to CNN. Said he thinks everyone made it off alive. Crazy that a plane can go down in the water and everyone make it off.

Mista Bone
01-15-2009, 04:14 PM
damn geese.

PURESTREET5006
01-15-2009, 04:34 PM
I was just looking at this on CNN and these people are very luck!! i wonder how deep the water is at that point where this Airbus 320 went down because i see aircraft at the edge of the river( On land). It must have skidded into the river.

Katmandu
01-15-2009, 04:46 PM
That's crazy! :eek:

DeckerEnt
01-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Report said the plane flew through a flock of birds on take off. Cut out both engines. Pilot ditched in the river and all 155 people got out safely. Got to hand it to Ny peeps. Everyone on the river helped out to save everyone. Pretty cool.
Keith

plated
01-15-2009, 06:46 PM
kudos to the pilot helluva job:cool2: just unbelievable to see every one walk away.:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::an gel:

satan jamez
01-15-2009, 08:17 PM
I would have shit purple twinkies if I were on that plane :eek: Thank god everyone is alive. Wonder what type of therpy some people might need after that sort of thing??

Maximus
01-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Friend of the familys brother was on the plane. He is still in the Hospital, but will be ok.:bigthumb

black90lx
01-15-2009, 10:01 PM
My mom is a flight attendant for that airline. She usually fly's that route but she was on a different plane. We had all kind's of people calling the house to see if she was on that flight. They only lost one engine when they hit the flock of geese and they was going to try to land in new jersey but the pilot said he couldn't make it so he warned the passengers and set it down in the hudson river.

Mista Bone
01-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Kudos to the ferry owner, he sent his two ferrys out to help unload people before anyone else got there.

Holly
01-16-2009, 08:55 AM
They only lost one engine when they hit the flock of geese and they was going to try to land in new jersey but the pilot said he couldn't make it so he warned the passengers and set it down in the hudson river.

The news, newspaper articles, and every other place is saying they lost both engines.

Here's a quote from Fox News:

It was a chain of improbability. Birds tangle with airplanes regularly but rarely bring down commercial aircraft. Jet engines sometimes fail — but both at once? Pilots train for a range of emergencies, but few, if any, have ever successfully ditched a jet in one of the nation's busiest waterways without any life-threatening injuries.

US Airways Airbus A320, bound for Charlotte, N.C., took off from LaGuardia Airport at 3:26 p.m. Less than a minute later, the pilot reported a "double bird strike" and said he needed to return to LaGuardia, said Doug Church, a spokesman for the National Air Traffic Controllers Association.

Either way, unbelievable. I always freak out a little bit during take off, I usually have to take a valium so I don't have a panic attack.

mach_u
01-16-2009, 09:22 AM
That pilot did one heck of a job, that's for sure! I am doubting he is ever going to have to look hard for a job - if he ever has to work again! lol

black90lx
01-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Kudos to the ferry owner, he sent his two ferrys out to help unload people before anyone else got there.

My step dad was telling me the ferry's are trained for emergency's like that because they can hold so many people.

black90lx
01-16-2009, 12:09 PM
The news, newspaper articles, and every other place is saying they lost both engines.

Here's a quote from Fox News:

It was a chain of improbability. Birds tangle with airplanes regularly but rarely bring down commercial aircraft. Jet engines sometimes fail ? but both at once? Pilots train for a range of emergencies, but few, if any, have ever successfully ditched a jet in one of the nation's busiest waterways without any life-threatening injuries.

US Airways Airbus A320, bound for Charlotte, N.C., took off from LaGuardia Airport at 3:26 p.m. Less than a minute later, the pilot reported a "double bird strike" and said he needed to return to LaGuardia, said Doug Church, a spokesman for the National Air Traffic Controllers Association.

Either way, unbelievable. I always freak out a little bit during take off, I usually have to take a valium so I don't have a panic attack.

Oh, i thought it said one engine caught fire after they hit the bird's and he shut the other one off and glided down into the river.

02mingryGT
01-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Great job by the pilot, crew, passengers and everyone involved up there. testament to the quality of the airplane as well to take a hit in the water like that and stay together.

02mingryGT
01-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Wonder what type of therpy some people might need after that sort of thing??

Back in the day it was called "sucking it up".

Xowner
01-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Great job by the pilot, crew, passengers and everyone involved up there. testament to the quality of the airplane as well to take a hit in the water like that and stay together.

i seen somwhere they are thinking that the airplane can be fixed and put back into service! must have been one soft landing!

mach_u
01-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Info on the pilot: http://safetyreliability.com/about_us

5.0calypso93lx
01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Glad to hear that everyone made it off the plane ok. It never ends up like that usually.

My grandpa retired from GE a few years ago, but I remember him telling me he was working on a project where they were redesigning some engines to be able to still survive if the plane did fly through a flock of geese. They actually launched geese through the engines to test them out, pretty cool stuff :lol: I'd like to know what engines this plane was running.

DeckerEnt
01-16-2009, 02:04 PM
I would love to be the bird tester. Getting to throw thawed birds into running airplane engines would just be cool!! I heard something like an airplane engine like that could take a 20 pound bird and survive! We cooked a 23 pound turkey for thanksgiving this year. That was a huge bird!!
Keith

Mista Bone
01-16-2009, 03:04 PM
The main test for injesting birds is that no parts leave the engine casing, that could puncture the fuselage.

quik lx
01-16-2009, 05:46 PM
One of our Falcon 10's took 2 geese in the right engine a few years back, Exploded the engine, but made a safe landing at CVG. I still have the engine cowlings with all the holes in from the blades.:eek: