Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
anyone know a motorcycle tech needing some side work? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anyone know a motorcycle tech needing some side work?

Xowner
01-14-2009, 02:32 AM
got a 450r honda quad that i need someone to look at im tired of trying to fix it . let me know if some one knows a good place to take it

1992MustangDW
01-14-2009, 09:18 AM
what is it doing? Ive been around quads all my life so maybe I could help you fix it.

Mike
01-14-2009, 11:38 AM
got a 450r honda quad that i need someone to look at im tired of trying to fix it . let me know if some one knows a good place to take it

You're on CSS, aren't you? If not, I'll getcha some contact info on a guy over there that apparently does great work, and doesn't charge alot.

http://www.cincystreetscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44671&highlight=motorcycle+business+man

I'll send him a PM on there and let him know you need some help.

Xowner
01-14-2009, 01:15 PM
You're on CSS, aren't you? If not, I'll getcha some contact info on a guy over there that apparently does great work, and doesn't charge alot.

http://www.cincystreetscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44671&highlight=motorcycle+business+man

thanks for the heads up man i pmed him.

2004 trx450r that i got out of the garage last summer to ride and it
started having problems with it. it gets warm and pops backfires and wants to
die like its running out of gas. i have had the carb off cleaned new plug had
the bike rejetted everything by two different shops and each one has given it
back to more worse and worse now the bike is hard to start and wont hardly run
at all. Bike has sparks full pipe on it and open airbox lid and a sparks needle
in the carb

INSANEBA
01-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Hondas are notorious for bad valves. Well not so much the valves, but the teflon coating on the valves. Over time, the coating wears off and the valves quit sealing to the seat. I have delt with this on several 250 4 strokes. I figured out the 06 and up heads have stainless valves in them, and no coating issues. I just swapped a 06 head onto an 04 CRF250x for a friend of mine, and so far no worries. I was assured by a good friend of mine who is a Honda tech that it would fix it indeffinitely... I personally run Yammys, and am happy to say that I have gone 2 years with no need for valve adjustments. Very impressive since I run the shit out of it lol... Good luck and let me know if I can help ya out...

PaulFiveOh
01-14-2009, 03:58 PM

R/T is the man. He did alot of work for me in the summer. Even rescued my ass when my chain broke in the Ghetto.

Hatchback kid
01-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Hondas are notorious for bad valves. Well not so much the valves, but the teflon coating on the valves. Over time, the coating wears off and the valves quit sealing to the seat. I have delt with this on several 250 4 strokes. I figured out the 06 and up heads have stainless valves in them, and no coating issues. I just swapped a 06 head onto an 04 CRF250x for a friend of mine, and so far no worries. I was assured by a good friend of mine who is a Honda tech that it would fix it indeffinitely... I personally run Yammys, and am happy to say that I have gone 2 years with no need for valve adjustments. Very impressive since I run the shit out of it lol... Good luck and let me know if I can help ya out...
:agree: i am a yamaha person 2 but ive worked on a couple hondas and 90% of the time it is the valve coating

1992MustangDW
01-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Im voiting for a bad cdi box.

sean
01-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Sounds like a problem I had with my warrior. Mine did it after it warmed up. Mine was the coil and a sort of rev limiter. The guys at pro stock performance have been great with me for years and years. Good work and great prices. I think this is the number. 513-381-1911. Off of harrison ave.Harrison rybolt exit. left off exit left onto harrison ave 2 miles down on the left.

1992MustangDW
01-14-2009, 06:59 PM
yea the cdi box manages the spark and rev limiter of your quad.

Hatchback kid
01-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Sounds like a problem I had with my warrior. Mine did it after it warmed up. Mine was the coil and a sort of rev limiter. The guys at pro stock performance have been great with me for years and years. Good work and great prices. I think this is the number. 513-381-1911. Off of harrison ave.Harrison rybolt exit. left off exit left onto harrison ave 2 miles down on the left.It could be coil, when it gets warm it could be screwing up

yea the cdi box manages the spark and rev limiter of your quad.
ya but if cdi box completely crapped out it wouldnt fire at all and the fact that it gets worst when it warms up kind of eliminates cdi box

1992MustangDW
01-14-2009, 09:40 PM
yea but we have had one that just malfunction. Im no pro by any means tho.

sean
01-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Where do you guys go to play? I go to haspen a few times and have a few places I " sneak into." I would love to know a few places I can go blow off some steam without driving all the way to haspen.

1992MustangDW
01-15-2009, 09:15 AM
you know were happy hollow is?

sean
01-15-2009, 10:31 AM
I do not. Where is that and how likley am I to get shot at for being there? I found a place off of cincinnati dayton that is GREAT, but I was told I would prob be shot if I went back.. lol It may be worth it.

glassman
01-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Mike zuti @ polaris in batavia is the man he was the main tech @ beechmont motorsports for years and can fix stuff that people have had problems with for years. If I had a bike problem he would be my first call. I can get you a # if you need it.

1992MustangDW
01-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Thats who fixed out raptor 700, tiny sliver of metal in wire harness and he found it!
Im pretty sure my lil bro drag races quads with him.

https://www.trailsource.com/secure/registration.asp?TYPE=DIRT&ID=18526&REFERRER=GOOGLE