Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Netflix on Xbox 360 [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Netflix on Xbox 360

Blackballed
01-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Netflix on Xbox live is too cool. You can set up your account to play live feed on you Xbox Live. I will never go to the movie store ever again:bigthumb

jaystang44
01-13-2009, 02:46 PM
how much is it a movie? do you need microsoft points to set up your account or what?

satan jamez
01-13-2009, 02:48 PM
8.99 a month, no M$ points needed. Unlimited streaming and 1 dvd delivered at a time. More $ if you want more dvd's at once :)

nkystanger
01-13-2009, 03:46 PM
My brother has it but i could have sworn he told me that a lot of the newer releases weren't available.. Is this true?

Blackballed
01-13-2009, 10:05 PM
My brother has it but i could have sworn he told me that a lot of the newer releases weren't available.. Is this true?

I usally takes a week or 2 for new releases. If you have missed a season of tv shows Netflix is the way to go, they have them all. They have Blue-Ray too.

02mingryGT
01-14-2009, 08:29 AM

I usally takes a week or 2 for new releases. If you have missed a season of tv shows Netflix is the way to go, they have them all. They have Blue-Ray too.

I've had Netflix for the last 4 years. I pay 18.09 a month for 3 out at a time. I average probably 20 a month. Blockbuster is what $4 a movie? So you do the math and Netflix wins. Since they have a warehouse in Louisville if I mail out on Monday I have my next movies Wednesday. The Xbox 360 deal has been offered for the last few month's. My son jumped on it the first day it was offered. And normally the movies are older and not new releases that I have found. But as mentioned it's great for music, TV and documentaries.
The only issue I have had lately is that it is difficult to get the new releases(mailed) on or a few days past their release date anymore. I assume it's because the popularity of Netflix has grown and now they are lagging a little behind in how many copies they carry.

boostanggt
01-14-2009, 04:58 PM
I heard the quality through xbox wasn't too good though.. I have been contemplating subscribing or not.

HRSEPWR
01-14-2009, 05:40 PM
I heard the quality through xbox wasn't too good though.. I have been contemplating subscribing or not.

I have used my netflix account with xbox for the past month now, and it depends on your internet connection for the quality. If you are watching a movie and no one else in the house is on the internet then the quality is excellent. I just wathed the first season of Heroes and was great quality on my 46" LCD HD TV

02mingryGT
01-14-2009, 09:22 PM
I agree with the above. Also, the older the title the worse quality.

Blackballed
01-15-2009, 08:17 PM
I agree with the above. Also, the older the title the worse quality.

+1. Depends on your internet connection.I just got done watching Apocalypto, and that movie is crazy...

02mingryGT
01-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Just got this from netflix:

Netflix

Survey: How Was the Picture and Audio Quality?
Dear Corey,

You recently watched Ned Kelly. To help us ensure a great experience for all members, would you take a moment to tell us about the picture and audio quality?

The quality was very good

The quality was acceptable

The quality was unacceptable

Thanks for your help!

-Your friends at Netflix

So they at least know that there has been some grumbling.