Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Windows 7 & Internet Explorer 8 [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 & Internet Explorer 8

TZ250
01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Windows 7 & I.E. 8 are available from Microsoft.

Has anyone tried I.E. 8?

cstreu1026
01-09-2009, 06:58 PM
I use I.E. 8 at work. I had 7 and had a lot of issues with it. They went away when I downloaded the beta release of 8.

Rick93coupe
01-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Since I found Mozilla, I can't see myself every switching back.

cstreu1026
01-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately some website I need to use only work with IE. :(

02mingryGT
01-10-2009, 10:39 AM

+2 I can't see Explorer ever being better than Firefox.

PaulFiveOh
01-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Google Chrome is the only thing you need to use

Bluecrew07
01-10-2009, 11:17 AM
everytime i put firefox on it wont let me play videos. and even parts of myspace wont work right

PaulFiveOh
01-10-2009, 11:30 AM
everytime i put firefox on it wont let me play videos. and even parts of myspace wont work right

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/confusingfail.jpg

Bluecrew07
01-10-2009, 12:09 PM
You trying to say something or just sending me pics of yourself??

Black92LX
01-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Windows 7 is not a web browser.

It's a new Beta Operating System.

Carl
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
I just installed IE 8, there are a few bugs. But so far so good.

PaulFiveOh
01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
You trying to say something or just sending me pics of yourself??

Sorry, I meant to delete that one out of my camera before I uploaded it.

What you need to do is install the plugins. The link to download the correct plugins is built in to Mozilla.

PONYGRL
01-12-2009, 08:30 AM

At work, we have explorer. Pretty much everywhere has internet explorer, including school too.

About 2 wks ago my laptop started acting funny and we discovered we have 2 malware viruses and it was completed *screwed* up.... Many many hours and lots of money later, we got them deleted. We have norton 360 but it is a new malware and it took forever for the people to find all the hidden files and whatnot..

Pretty much everyone has told us to switch to mozilla because it is much more secure, and we finally did. I probably won't switch back because I dont want to risk having to go through all that again.

mach_u
01-12-2009, 09:03 AM
I have windows 7 beta burned to disc. Hope to load it on a system in the next couple days. I will say, I have been hearing favorable initial reviews though...

cstreu1026
01-12-2009, 11:03 AM
I find it a bit funny that they are abandoning Vista already. It reminds me of the days of Windows Mellenium.

bestracing
01-12-2009, 11:56 AM
It reminds me of the days of Windows Mellenium.
I use to have that OS, man was that the worst POS ever. The damn computer would blue screen constantly until I got XP loaded on it.

02mingryGT
01-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I find it a bit funny that they are abandoning Vista already. It reminds me of the days of Windows Mellenium.

I think that is more because of the bad press Vista got. The vast majority is mainly because consumers did not have enough memory or processor capacity. The rest was due to second party software which Microsoft doesn't have control over. Microsoft also, unlike Apple, does not have control over hardware either. IMO, most people's complaints about Vista should have been directed to Gateway and Dell, ect. Many units were sold by those two with the bare minimum to run Vista. Which works fine as long as you never opened a program.....:lol: The curreny crop of computers probably can handle the new OS. I have my doubts it's much of an improvement. I am interested in what Mach u finds out about it.

You have to hand it to Apple for great marketing though. Millions of fools bought the idea that Apple works tirelessly to ensure compatibility with it's software. And they may, but it is much easier when your dealing with 100's rather than 1000's of software titles. Apple is a great system for graphics programs but don't fool yourself. If Apple tried to take over the market share from Microsoft they would have many of the same issues.

cstreu1026
01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Microsoft can blame the bad press on themselves when they try to force manufacturers to use Vista. At least that is the story we got from Accer when we bought a somewhat basic system for my father-in-law. He needed XP for certain software he used. The system was suppose to come with XP that could be loaded on to the system in place of Vista. We had tons of problems trying to get it on there and even sent the computer to Accer at our expense to have them do. It showed back up on our doorstep with vista and when we called we were told by management that they never should asked that we send the computer back for the service since the agreement with Microsoft would not allow them to install an "old" operating system.

I will say that Microcenter was more than helpful and took the computer back for a full refund after we unsuccessful in installing XP after hours and hours on the phone with Accer tech support.

wolverine8490
01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I have used IE since I started using Microsoft. I have never had any issues with it. 90% of the secuirty isses within Microsft and IE are with the person clicking the mouse. Where they go, where they click, what they watch.

I find that Firefox is slow to launch, and usues to many resources. I am still using IE6, as I persoanlly hate the new look of 7, and I am sure I will hate the look of 8 as well. If you look around online, you will red that Firefox has just as many secuirty issues as IE, and it will only get worse as it's popularity gets bigger. I have not messed with Chrome yet, but I have heard it is pretty good.

As for Vista, I personally think it is the biggest POS since ME. I would agree that many people that give it bad reviews are people who are installing it on machines that can not handle it, but it is still junk. I installed Vista Ultimate, and uninstalled it 3 days later. Why do you think Microsoft pushed XP's end of life up again. It will be a LONG time until XP is retired, because now people will be afraid of Windows 7, which I can not blame them.

Katmandu
01-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Windows 7 IS still basically VISTA. Just reconfigured and remarketed.

I've been using Vista that past (6) months and have had ZERO problems out of it.

Like Mach_U said, most folks don't have enough memory to run Vista. Vista NEEDS a bare minimum of 2GB Ram. Just turn off all the eye candy graphics and Vista is a excellent O/S IMHO.

mach_u
01-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Windows 7 IS still basically VISTA. Just reconfigured and remarketed.

I've been using Vista that past (6) months and have had ZERO problems out of it.

Like Mach_U said, most folks don't have enough memory to run Vista. Vista NEEDS a bare minimum of 2GB Ram. Just turn off all the eye candy graphics and Vista is a excellent O/S IMHO.
Yup. Running 4gigs of DDR3 and a quad core processor with Vista Ultimate @ home and it screams. :bigthumb

Katmandu
01-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Yup. Running 4gigs of DDR3 and a quad core processor with Vista Ultimate @ home and it screams. :bigthumb:bigthumb

I'm running half of your system. 2GB DDR3 Dual-Core w/Vista Home. VERY pleased with the performance of this system. :D

Foxxx5oh
01-15-2009, 05:35 PM
:bigthumb

I'm running half of your system. 2GB DDR3 Dual-Core w/Vista Home. VERY pleased with the performance of this system. :D

lol im runnin half of yours and have been running vista ultimate flawlessly for the past 2 years.

1GB DDR2 Athlon 64 3200+ (soon to be upgraded to 4GB DDR2 and a quad core AMD)