Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
craigslist reply [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : craigslist reply

95redstang
01-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Check out this reply I got from somebody about my intake on craigslist..Kinda of odd. Scam maybe?

Hello Seller,
Am Michelle, I will appreciate to know if your auto parts still available and if yes let me have the asking price along with your location so that i can make arrangment on how to ask my pickup company come for collection without delay...

Waitng to have your reply.

Lastly, do not forget to state your Name and Full address along with your phone number cus i will be making payment immediately after confirming amount you intend selling it with a Check / Money Order.

My Regards
Michelle

FireStang02
01-08-2009, 08:21 PM
I use to send some email about go away you low life scammer. Now I string them along and fuck with them. I list a lot on craigslist and almost every item gets several of these ass clown scammers. It is worse than ebay now.

stang5slow
01-08-2009, 08:24 PM
that is spam all the way, if ANYONE reply's and says there going to pay with check or money order, its more than likely spam, but if they include they have (SOMEONE) to pick it up and ship it for them, ITS DEF. SPAM lol

Silver Bullet
01-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I had two guys the other night... that hired a "STRIPPER" (sure she was)lol, to come and give him a birthday dance off Craigs list.... she came.... started dancing before a guy with a gun kicked in their door and robbed them... then they both took off.

Be careful on Craigslist... lol

95redstang
01-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I had two guys the other night... that hired a "STRIPPER" (sure she was)lol, to come and give him a birthday dance off Craigs list.... she came.... started dancing before a guy with a gun kicked in their door and robbed them... then they both took off.

I am being careful. I will not let anybody know where I live unless I know you. I have something for an idiot that tries anything..

bobtsgt
01-08-2009, 08:39 PM
yeah scam all the way. usually it helps if you put something like "cash in hand only when you come to pick it up" or "no shipping"

PaulFiveOh
01-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Check out this reply I got from somebody about my intake on craigslist..Kinda of odd. Scam maybe?

Hello Seller,
Am Michelle, I will appreciate to know if your auto parts still available and if yes let me have the asking price along with your location so that i can make arrangment on how to ask my pickup company come for collection without delay...

Lastly, do not forget to state your Name and Full address along with your phone number cus i will be making payment immediately after confirming amount you intend selling it with a Check / Money Order.

My Regards
Michelle

LOL you had to ask?! :lol::lol::lol: Cus it sound like serious business.

mustang8998
01-08-2009, 09:26 PM

You really need to quit hiring strippers, off of Craigs list, or at least keep your side arm, at hand! :bigthumb

chadomac
01-08-2009, 09:27 PM
she is speaking Ebonics

95redstang
01-08-2009, 09:28 PM
LOL you had to ask?! :lol::lol::lol: Cus it sound like serious business.

I knew it was a scam..I was being sarcastic..

Blackpony
01-09-2009, 08:21 AM
I got a reply from some one from craigslist that said he wanted my item and said if i could wait a few weeks so when his grandmother got out of the hospital she would pick them up and that she would give me a travelers check in the mail.He also said that he was overs seas and would also include 5 dollars for my troubles and another 20 for my kids. What a peice of sh!t i asked him what his address was and he insisted i give him mine. I told him 0002 Candy Cane lane, North Pole. and that santa and i were neighbors for many years. I never did hear back from him

02mingryGT
01-09-2009, 10:13 AM
she is speaking Ebonics

Towelhead version.

stang5slow
01-09-2009, 10:49 AM
I am being careful. I will not let anybody know where I live unless I know you. I have something for an idiot that tries anything..

ya, i always choose to meet somewhere in a public place

PONYGRL
01-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Def a scam. I am on craigslist all the time and have bought and sold a lot of stuff on there. You have to be really careful about who you give personal info to and be especially careful when buying/selling something non-locally. I sold my 06 RSX Type-S wheels to someone in california because he saw my ad.... everything ended up working out just fine, but I was still leary about the whole thing and made up a contract and everything.

Jaylynn
01-09-2009, 11:25 AM
and if you send me your bank account # i'll wire you the $ :-) and maybe your birthdate & monther's maiden name :-)

I've only sold a few things on ebay but still get paranoid abt that sometimes since my account id was stolen once & ppl were scamming others with my name......

hope you find a legit-buyer for your item soon

Steves LX
01-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah that is definitely a scam. I think everytime I list something on Craigslist or Ebay I get these kinda people. I normally just look up the address of one of the local sheriff departments and give them that address and they dont reply back anymore. Dateline did a undercover investigation on these type of things awhile back ago. Most of this is coming from overseas from Nigeria and other places.

Bluecrew07
01-09-2009, 11:53 AM

Hello Seller,

My Regards
Michelle

Oh hell. i got the the same thing. i didnt think nothing of it. this the first time i been on craigslist. i replied to his email and he sent me a weird one back.

Bluecrew07
01-09-2009, 11:57 AM
"Hello,thanks for the information,i am happy to get this from you.....I
want to tell you that the check is on the way and you shall get it
soon....And there is one thing i want you to know,i bought many items
from your location......But my secretary made a mistake and issue out
the money for all the items in your name alone....s.So once you
receive my check i will ike you to
deduct the price for the item,and another $100 for yourself and the
stress since the mistake has been made by my secratary....So once you
do that you will have to send the rest fund to my shipper,so that he
can use the money for the shipping of the items that i have at your
location and for the item with you also.....

Please get back to me now if this is clear to you,and you which to do
all this help for me.

Hope to do more bussiness with you

Thanks and God bless you."

is it me or does this sound weird??

NaomiDstangLvr
01-09-2009, 12:04 PM

Hello Seller,

My Regards
Michelle

Yeah sounds like a scammer. Why is name, full, check and money order capitalized? Definitely weird.

NaomiDstangLvr
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I got an interesting reply to. I just put that I was WTB and a lady emailed me....

I know they may not be exactly what you had in mind, but
if price were no issue, would any of these vehicles work?

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche
http://autoferret.com/viewlisting.php?id=22923095&type=ale&mid=150989-lead

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
http://autoferret.com/viewlisting.php?id=23530472&type=ale&mid=150989-lead

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
http://autoferret.com/viewlisting.php?id=23709448&type=ale&mid=150989-lead

2001 Hummer H1
http://autoferret.com/viewlisting.php?id=19946266&type=ale&mid=150989-lead

I tell her I'm not looking for a car payment then she sends me this..

Great, would you mind if I call you?

Then another...

I'm not sure if I had your number and lost it or forgot to get it... what's the best number to catch you on?

I'm like HELLO I don't want that I want a MOOSTANG! :lol: Now if she can get me in that Hummer for 2500 bucks, its sold! :rofl:

thecollector
01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
I offer to accept checks on craigslist but my terms are somewhat unfavorable I require $80usd up front, and I do not ship/release the product for 180 days after the check clears..... Oddly enough I've never recieved one.

As a great rule of thumb any ad or reply to an ad on craigslist that has poor grammer is a scam. What is scary is that some people are dumb enough to all for them.