Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
My Christmas Engagement.... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas Engagement....

PONYGRL
01-08-2009, 09:04 AM
I figured I would share the story with those of you who would like to know, or even care. Otherwise, read elsewhere ;) Here is how my Christmas went this year with Chris (mustangcwm, who lurks)......

This week was the first time I have been on here since before Christmas, which was probably unnoticed. As it turns out, my Christmas this year was everything I could have possibly hoped for…. And then some. Christmas Eve we went to Chris’ cousin's house, just like last year. We also stopped at my mom's where she gave us our gifts early.... which seemed a little strange to me. I figured because it is hectic with both my niece and nephew there on Christmas day, so why not get it over with early?

So we opened our gifts there and when we got home that night, we opened our gifts to each other. I got a $200 food processor- as a joke! But hey, I like to cook too so it works out kind of good. I also had a box that looked like a jewelry box... but when I opened it, it was empty. Chris told me that he got me a necklace and I have to pick it up next week because they were sold out. So, disappointed..... I said "okay." I then asked a thousand questions about what it looked like, and he pulled a bunch of intricate details totally out of his ass, so I congratulate him for that!

Keep in mind that prior to Christmas day, I had several suspicions about my gifts…. I could see him taking me on a cruise for my Birthday (which is coming up in February) or something like that, or that I could see him buying me some kind of jewelry again this year.

Anyway, Christmas morning it was........... at 5 something or 6am.... he tries waking me up and I was very crabby and grouchy.... and bitchy too. I hadn't slept well the past couple nights before, so I wanted to be left alone!! I am not one to wake up early in the morning when I didn’t get enough sleep, so I wouldn't get out of bed. He wouldn't tell me why I needed to or where we were going, which made me want to fight him even more. Finally, I got up and got in the shower and got ready. He still wouldn't tell me where we were going though. Minutes later, my mom arrives outside (in her PJs, hmm……) and eventually we get in the car and get on the interstate.

Might I add that the past few days before this, I noticed items missing around the house... like makeup, my HAIR STRAIGHTENER, a particular shirt that I know we just washed the day before. We even got in a fight about the straightener... it just disappeared one day, and I told him I guess a stranger broke in and stole it off the bathroom counter!! He just kept assuring me that it was around somewhere, and that we would look for it later.... Ooookay, suuure....

So as we are walking out the door, he grabs a small bag that matches our luggage from the closet and we walk outside. Neither my mom or Chris would tell me where we were going.... so we drive and drive... finally it hits me when we pass Florence and the only other place we could possibly be going is to the AIRPORT.

We get there, my mom hugs me and takes my coat, saying I won’t need it where I am going... (Okay, totally confused at this point?!?!?) Next thing I know, Chris pulls a huge suitcase out of her trunk, along with the carry on bag, which has a bunch of stuff in it also.

Chris makes me wait by the door inside the airport by myself, but eventually I had to go over by the counter to sign a paper- since we are leaving the country and all….- and I saw where he was taking me.... CANCUN!

First of all, I do not like surprises and I know that many times I was mean and a smartass to him over the whole thing. I can't help that I hate surprises.... and people being sneaky and lying to me. I was pissed off and happy at the same time to be there, I guess. So we eventually get on the plane to Houston, TX- also my first plane ride- then we fly to Cancun and arrive there by midday that day, Christmas Day.

We arrived at the airport and eventually found our company to drive us to the hotel.... Oh wait, ADULT ONLY ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT. It was sah-weet. It was absolutely beautiful there and I totally wish I could live there. We get to the resort, checked in, uppacked, and explored the resort a little.... the bars.... pools.... restaurants... etc.

I don't even remember what about, but that evening we started fighting about something.... stupid, I know... Eventually, we walk back down to the beach once it is dark and were just watching the waves crash and taking it all in. He started asking if I was happy with him and told me how much he loved me and I how much I meant to him.... and then it happened.

Out from his pocket came a square box and he did it. No one else was around, just us together alone on the beach. He asked me....... and I answered him, telling him that he doesn't even need to ask because he already knows the answer....!! and then a HUGE wave came and nearly knocked us both down, and we got wet (still in our jeans) and sandy a little. I put my ring on and cried, I think. It was the first night we were there (in a different country), I was tired and irritable, in a random place, and we were just big-time fighting an hour before. So a lot was going through my head I guess.

Nonetheless, we were there a week and it was like paradise. We rented boats twice, went snorkeling, paid $300 to go deep-sea fishing- and both got sea sick :lol: (yeah, $300 later, and it was not funny at the time). It was nice to just relax, and to drink mixed drinks… or whatever… whenever we wanted, and not have to worry about anything.

They had amazing restaurants, including 1 Mediterranean and 1 authentic Mexican within the resort, that you had to make reservations for. It was wonderful. We went to another resort while we were there and explored a little.... and it was obvious that ours was by far the nicest anywhere. I had nachos whenever I wanted, and tried a ton of mixed drinks while we were there. They did not skimp, either. They put 3/4 liquor, and 1/4 pineapple juice (or whatever kind of juice) in any drink you get. If you don't like it, throw it away and order something else. It was completely and utterly delightful. They had 3 or 4 pools right on the completely perfect beach, a spa, pretty much anything you could dream about a resort having.

I am just sorry that we fought so much about stupid stuff.... he spent so much money and tried so hard to make everything perfect for me. Who cares that he didn't pack me a comb and I had to pay however much for one....2 days after being there. He packed everything for me behind my back... even though he packed clothes I probably wouldn't have taken, I should be grateful for it all. He went out and bought me all new shampoo, razors, face wash, lotion, a toothbrush, mouthwash, EVERYTHING- so I wouldn't notice it missing at home. I guess I should try to change my attitude about it all too because he kept it a secret for months, and although I had suspicions about things, I was completely surprised and shocked in the end. He took me to a beautiful place, proposed, we got to spend time together and it made me feel really special…to some degree.

So I guess my Christmas was pretty good... I got my ring, which Chris picked out COMPLETELY on his own. It looks nothing like my dream ring, but it is beautiful. We took it to the jeweler on Saturday to get is sized, so I should get it back tomorrow or Saturday. I tried on some other rings while we were there, as I could have changed rings if I wanted. They all started to look the same to me though, then I thought about how much time and effort Chris put into planning everything and picking it out, and making everything perfect. I decided to keep the ring he picked, because it was beautiful and I thought it would mean a lot to him.

I know we are waiting till I graduate to have the wedding... so after May 2010 which is a year and a half away. Which I don’t even want to think about right now, for various reasons. We are also thinking we want to go on a cruise to Hawaii, but not positive yet. Over the summer we went to Niagara Falls, and last week Cancun…. I better not get used to this! It was so nice though and it is definitely somewhere that I would love to go back one day.

A ring, a trip to Cancun and many car parts later--- here I am. And we have no money for a down payment for property now, but oh well. We will figure things out hopefully... At least I'll have gotten a hubby out of it. About damn time.

k062693w
01-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Congratulations I think...
It's hard to tell if you're truly happy about it from all the complaining..

Silver Bullet
01-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Congrats!!!:bigthumb

Good luck with everything.:)

Steves LX
01-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Cogratulations!!! That's awsome and I'm sure the two of you will figure it all out.

Mark66
01-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Congrats on the engagement. What a great story. And....It's cool that there was an AUTHENTIC Mexican restaurant in Mexico!!!

tdm309
01-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Congrats that awesome. Me and my fiance are going to cancun in May for our honeymoon. Sounds like you had a great time.

k062693w
01-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Congrats on the engagement. What a great story. And....It's cool that there was an AUTHENTIC Mexican restaurant in Mexico!!!

:lol:

Pops Fun
01-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Congratulations...

Maximus
01-08-2009, 10:36 AM

What he said.:lol: :bigthumb

PONYGRL
01-08-2009, 11:12 AM

I didn't mean to sound so unenthused.... I am glad about it. I just like planning things out myself I guess, that's all. And I know I am not the only girl who likes to know what is going on all the time and tries to figure out surprises...

Congrats that awesome. Me and my fiance are going to cancun in May for our honeymoon. Sounds like you had a great time.

You guys will like it for sure. It's the prettiest beach I have ever gone to. The only bad thing about the trip was the waves and current was really rough.... so rough that you couldn't really swim unless you wanted to get drilled in the face with waves the entire time. They had the red flags up the whole time we were there. Which is why I laid on the beach a lot... and my not-so-tan is already gone lol.

DeckerEnt
01-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Congrats Stacy!!! You are a cute couple. I am sure you will have the time of your life!!! Just cut down on the bitching. LOL!!!!
Keith

R825OH
01-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Congratulations Stacey, us guys can do some stuff!!!

Mr.Moontang
01-08-2009, 11:39 AM

:agree: I wish you guys luck...:bigthumb

Stangman
01-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Congrats! Even though I already knew :D

Best of luck to the both of you :bigthumb

Hangingcogs
01-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Congrats from another Christmas eve engaged newbie!

NaomiDstangLvr
01-08-2009, 01:05 PM

:lol:

Hatchback kid
01-08-2009, 03:17 PM
congrats, wish u guys the best of luck

NXcoupe
01-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Congrats!!! You should be thankful you have such a thoughtful guy! That's a lot of work on his part to make your special day that much more memorable!! Look at it this way, you'll win any discussions on who had the best engagement!

RIXXX93GT
01-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I was going to say the same thing Mike, it sounds like he went through allot of planning, and thinking things thru which means he really wanted to impress you and shows at least in this he was very thoughtful. Wish the best for you both. For anyone that wants another destination for romantic times, head to Puerto Vallarta, stay at Dreams Resort and make reservations at [url]http://www.lekliff.com

BradleyGT
01-12-2009, 08:29 AM
congrats & best of luck to you two

PONYGRL
01-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys. I haven't been on here much the past week but here are a couple pics of our resort, the beach and us while we were down there. I have a bunch more but I need to scan them when I get a chance.

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43245%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E7%3B5% 3E2324%3B%3C68%3A68%3B5ot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43362%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E666%3E 2324%3B%3C6757864ot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp4335%3A%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E5%3C 4%3E2324%3B%3C66%3B58%3B2ot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43243%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E5%3C4% 3E2324%3B%3C66%3B594%3Aot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43363%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E5%3C4% 3E2324%3B%3C66%3B58%3C6ot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp4334%3A%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E5%3C 4%3E2324%3B%3C66%3B58%3C4ot1lsi

PONYGRL
01-21-2009, 08:44 AM
http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp4335%3A%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E666% 3E2324%3B%3C67578%3C8ot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43368%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E7%3B5% 3E2324%3B%3C68%3A68%3B7ot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp4334%3B%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E666% 3E2324%3B%3C675788%3Aot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43354%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E666%3E 2324%3B%3C675789%3Aot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43363%3Enu%3D3234%3E234%3E74%3A%3E23 2523483%3B958ot1lsi

PONYGRL
01-21-2009, 08:46 AM
http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43247%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E666%3E 2324%3B%3C6757866ot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp4335%3A%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E666% 3E2324%3B%3C6757872ot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43247%3Enu%3D3234%3E234%3E74%3A%3E23 2523483%3B95%3Bot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43346%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E666%3E 2324%3B%3C675785%3Aot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp4324%3A%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E5%3C 4%3E2324%3B%3C66%3B5948ot1lsi

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43369%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3B%3C6%3E666%3E 2324%3B%3C6757854ot1lsi

Holly
01-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Beautiful pictures, makes me long for the beach. No beach trips for me this year, I opted for Vegas instead (again). I don't know what it is, I'd rather be in Vegas than the beach anymore.

Looks like you guys had a great time. Congrats again!

67Terror
01-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Congrats Mains!:cheers:

Jaylynn
01-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Looks like you guys had a great time!

Rick93coupe
01-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I figured I would share the story with those of you who would like to know, or even care. Otherwise, read elsewhere ;) Here is how my Christmas went this year with Chris (mustangcwm, who lurks)......

This week was the first time I have been on here since before Christmas, which was probably unnoticed. As it turns out, my Christmas this year was everything I could have possibly hoped for…. And then some. Christmas Eve we went to Chris’ cousin's house, just like last year. We also stopped at my mom's where she gave us our gifts early.... which seemed a little strange to me. I figured because it is hectic with both my niece and nephew there on Christmas day, so why not get it over with early?

So we opened our gifts there and when we got home that night, we opened our gifts to each other. I got a $200 food processor- as a joke! But hey, I like to cook too so it works out kind of good. I also had a box that looked like a jewelry box... but when I opened it, it was empty. Chris told me that he got me a necklace and I have to pick it up next week because they were sold out. So, disappointed..... I said "okay." I then asked a thousand questions about what it looked like, and he pulled a bunch of intricate details totally out of his ass, so I congratulate him for that!

Keep in mind that prior to Christmas day, I had several suspicions about my gifts…. I could see him taking me on a cruise for my Birthday (which is coming up in February) or something like that, or that I could see him buying me some kind of jewelry again this year.

Anyway, Christmas morning it was........... at 5 something or 6am.... he tries waking me up and I was very crabby and grouchy.... and bitchy too. I hadn't slept well the past couple nights before, so I wanted to be left alone!! I am not one to wake up early in the morning when I didn’t get enough sleep, so I wouldn't get out of bed. He wouldn't tell me why I needed to or where we were going, which made me want to fight him even more. Finally, I got up and got in the shower and got ready. He still wouldn't tell me where we were going though. Minutes later, my mom arrives outside (in her PJs, hmm……) and eventually we get in the car and get on the interstate.

Might I add that the past few days before this, I noticed items missing around the house... like makeup, my HAIR STRAIGHTENER, a particular shirt that I know we just washed the day before. We even got in a fight about the straightener... it just disappeared one day, and I told him I guess a stranger broke in and stole it off the bathroom counter!! He just kept assuring me that it was around somewhere, and that we would look for it later.... Ooookay, suuure....

So as we are walking out the door, he grabs a small bag that matches our luggage from the closet and we walk outside. Neither my mom or Chris would tell me where we were going.... so we drive and drive... finally it hits me when we pass Florence and the only other place we could possibly be going is to the AIRPORT.

We get there, my mom hugs me and takes my coat, saying I won’t need it where I am going... (Okay, totally confused at this point?!?!?) Next thing I know, Chris pulls a huge suitcase out of her trunk, along with the carry on bag, which has a bunch of stuff in it also.

Chris makes me wait by the door inside the airport by myself, but eventually I had to go over by the counter to sign a paper- since we are leaving the country and all….- and I saw where he was taking me.... CANCUN!

First of all, I do not like surprises and I know that many times I was mean and a smartass to him over the whole thing. I can't help that I hate surprises.... and people being sneaky and lying to me. I was pissed off and happy at the same time to be there, I guess. So we eventually get on the plane to Houston, TX- also my first plane ride- then we fly to Cancun and arrive there by midday that day, Christmas Day.

We arrived at the airport and eventually found our company to drive us to the hotel.... Oh wait, ADULT ONLY ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT. It was sah-weet. It was absolutely beautiful there and I totally wish I could live there. We get to the resort, checked in, uppacked, and explored the resort a little.... the bars.... pools.... restaurants... etc.

I don't even remember what about, but that evening we started fighting about something.... stupid, I know... Eventually, we walk back down to the beach once it is dark and were just watching the waves crash and taking it all in. He started asking if I was happy with him and told me how much he loved me and I how much I meant to him.... and then it happened.

Out from his pocket came a square box and he did it. No one else was around, just us together alone on the beach. He asked me....... and I answered him, telling him that he doesn't even need to ask because he already knows the answer....!! and then a HUGE wave came and nearly knocked us both down, and we got wet (still in our jeans) and sandy a little. I put my ring on and cried, I think. It was the first night we were there (in a different country), I was tired and irritable, in a random place, and we were just big-time fighting an hour before. So a lot was going through my head I guess.

Nonetheless, we were there a week and it was like paradise. We rented boats twice, went snorkeling, paid $300 to go deep-sea fishing- and both got sea sick :lol: (yeah, $300 later, and it was not funny at the time). It was nice to just relax, and to drink mixed drinks… or whatever… whenever we wanted, and not have to worry about anything.

They had amazing restaurants, including 1 Mediterranean and 1 authentic Mexican within the resort, that you had to make reservations for. It was wonderful. We went to another resort while we were there and explored a little.... and it was obvious that ours was by far the nicest anywhere. I had nachos whenever I wanted, and tried a ton of mixed drinks while we were there. They did not skimp, either. They put 3/4 liquor, and 1/4 pineapple juice (or whatever kind of juice) in any drink you get. If you don't like it, throw it away and order something else. It was completely and utterly delightful. They had 3 or 4 pools right on the completely perfect beach, a spa, pretty much anything you could dream about a resort having.

I am just sorry that we fought so much about stupid stuff.... he spent so much money and tried so hard to make everything perfect for me. Who cares that he didn't pack me a comb and I had to pay however much for one....2 days after being there. He packed everything for me behind my back... even though he packed clothes I probably wouldn't have taken, I should be grateful for it all. He went out and bought me all new shampoo, razors, face wash, lotion, a toothbrush, mouthwash, EVERYTHING- so I wouldn't notice it missing at home. I guess I should try to change my attitude about it all too because he kept it a secret for months, and although I had suspicions about things, I was completely surprised and shocked in the end. He took me to a beautiful place, proposed, we got to spend time together and it made me feel really special…to some degree.

So I guess my Christmas was pretty good... I got my ring, which Chris picked out COMPLETELY on his own. It looks nothing like my dream ring, but it is beautiful. We took it to the jeweler on Saturday to get is sized, so I should get it back tomorrow or Saturday. I tried on some other rings while we were there, as I could have changed rings if I wanted. They all started to look the same to me though, then I thought about how much time and effort Chris put into planning everything and picking it out, and making everything perfect. I decided to keep the ring he picked, because it was beautiful and I thought it would mean a lot to him.

I know we are waiting till I graduate to have the wedding... so after May 2010 which is a year and a half away. Which I don’t even want to think about right now, for various reasons. We are also thinking we want to go on a cruise to Hawaii, but not positive yet. Over the summer we went to Niagara Falls, and last week Cancun…. I better not get used to this! It was so nice though and it is definitely somewhere that I would love to go back one day.

A ring, a trip to Cancun and many car parts later--- here I am. And we have no money for a down payment for property now, but oh well. We will figure things out hopefully... At least I'll have gotten a hubby out of it. About damn time.

:eek: If I was your fiance I would run.... far far away. After all that and you felt special...." to a degree " ?!?!?! I have an idea of why you guys were probably fighting.. He was thinking something along the lines, are you fucking kidding me.

k062693w
01-21-2009, 03:46 PM
:eek: If I was your fiance I would run.... far far away. After all that and you felt special...." to a degree " ?!?!?! I have an idea of why you guys were probably fighting.. He was thinking something along the lines, are you fucking kidding me.

:lol: ROFLMAFO !!!!!! :lol:

PONYGRL
01-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Too bad you probably have no idea
and good thing you're not then.

Maximus
01-23-2009, 10:13 PM
:eek:

:popcorn:

cobrajoe
01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
:eek: