Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Please Help Before I Set It On Fire! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Before I Set It On Fire!

BigBadStang
01-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Click HERE (http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?p=437086#post437086) to read my woes. :mad:

dawsin94cobra
01-07-2009, 10:20 PM
heater core?

mustangboy
01-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Fires are cool!!!

BigBadStang
01-08-2009, 07:42 AM
heater core?
Being that the heater core is fed from the by-pass portion of the cooling system, I can't see why that would make it run hot at times and pump coolant out of the top of the expansion tank. The heat comes and goes as the gauge moves up and down wildly.

Fires are cool!!!

the more I fight this problem, the more I'm thinking like you!
Hmmm...it does have full coverage still...oops...did I say that outloud?

DeckerEnt
01-08-2009, 08:46 AM
The heater blowing cold is an indication that the heater core is either stopped up or not getting coolant running through it. That could be a secondary problem and may be fixed when you find the overheating problem. Good luck with it.
Keith

BigBadStang
01-08-2009, 08:54 AM
The heater blowing cold is an indication that the heater core is either stopped up or not getting coolant running through it. That could be a secondary problem and may be fixed when you find the overheating problem. Good luck with it.
Keith

I think a leak in the head or head gasket is pumping air into the system making the pump cavitate, or causing an air lock in the bypass/heating system, and that is making it push coolant out of the expansion tank. Me thinks it needs heads. Anyone know where to get a reman set locally at a fair price? I want to swap them out, and not wait to get them re-done.

blk93notch
01-08-2009, 06:22 PM
i had a problem like this before. it ended up being a crack in the block. it would spit coolant right back out of the overflow tank. hope thats not your problem. is there oil and water mixing?

BigBadStang
01-08-2009, 07:33 PM
i had a problem like this before. it ended up being a crack in the block. it would spit coolant right back out of the overflow tank. hope thats not your problem. is there oil and water mixing?
Nope, crankcase is free of coolant/moisture.

MFIELD
01-08-2009, 08:01 PM
I had problems like this a long time ago. Mine would do the same thing. I am guessing that when you used the sealer you have got some blockage in the rear of the block and are getting pockets of air trapped back there and then it builds up pressure basicaly from steam and pukes the system out. My guess is you will have to pull the heads and flush the crap out of the block and have the heads checked for being true. Mine needed milled a little.

BigBadStang
01-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I had problems like this a long time ago. Mine would do the same thing. I am guessing that when you used the sealer you have got some blockage in the rear of the block and are getting pockets of air trapped back there and then it builds up pressure basicaly from steam and pukes the system out. My guess is you will have to pull the heads and flush the crap out of the block and have the heads checked for being true. Mine needed milled a little.

So did yours have coolant passages blocked, or was yours a head gasket?

MFIELD
01-08-2009, 08:45 PM
It was blocked passages that caused the heat problems and that caused the heads to warp causing the gasket to blow.

BigBadStang
01-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks man...
:lol: now I really don't know wtf to do!
Looks like it's "exploratory surgery" time!

mustang8998
01-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Time for a V8 swap?

BigBadStang
01-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Time for a V8 swap?

I would LOVE to, IF I had a good GT donor...I aint no electrical whiz...so unless I could take the shit off a GT and transplant it, I aint up for that...lol...I'm an old school carb guy! I got left behind when the EFI stuff hit the scene, I always had a 4 eye with a carb on top!

mustang8998
01-08-2009, 09:40 PM
So, do it up, with a carb!

Now really, how much easier could it get!

BigBadStang
01-08-2009, 09:47 PM
So, do it up, with a carb!

Now really, how much easier could it get!

I'm so electronically challenged :lol: How would you do away with the EFI stuff thats tied into the computer and make the other things still function, such as the AODE, and the gauges. Unless I was to run new aftermarket gauges, and re wired the engine, and use an aftermarket ignition?

MFIELD
01-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Sounds like you got it. Aftermarket gauges and wire in an msd.

BigBadStang
01-08-2009, 10:03 PM
hmmm...lol...I do have a 93 roller 5.0 HO with edelbrock rpm intake, x303 cam, world products iron heads, forged speed pro's and balanced sitting in storage...but I don't have a place to work on it long term. I got's a 68 460 and a C6 too...lol...and a 57 ford 9 inch drum to drum...just no place to git 'er done!

95redstang
01-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I would LOVE to, IF I had a good GT donor...I aint no electrical whiz...so unless I could take the shit off a GT and transplant it, I aint up for that...lol...I'm an old school carb guy! I got left behind when the EFI stuff hit the scene, I always had a 4 eye with a carb on top!

I have the perfect engine for the swap...:lol:

mustang8998
01-09-2009, 10:48 PM
The AODE, might be a snag, but I've never messed with them.