Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Need input about exhaust ASAP please [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need input about exhaust ASAP please

PONYGRL
01-06-2009, 10:46 AM
This prob could've went in another section, but just thought I'd post here first.

Just wanting some opinions since most of you know A LOT more than me... as you know I jus got an 08 stang. So far I got a roush off-road exhaust, so I no longer have my stock mufflers. I also replaced my factory intake w/a k&n. I found a bassani x pipe and am thinking about buying it this wk and putting it on. One thing that I initially did not like about the roush off road mufflers was the sound. Unless I was in a really low or really high gear, it had an awful drone sound that gave me a headache.... Over the weekend, we installed my intake and also programmed my car w/a hypertech hyperpac (similar to a sct tuner). Since then, the loud drone sound is nearly gone and my car doesn't sound as loud.... but is still louder than stock.

Do you think the basanni x-pipe will be a big change? I got a good price on one, and am hoping my car will sound more beefy. I know an x will give it a louder, high-pitched sound (compared to the deepness of an h-pipe).

I am nearly broke right now and the only reason I am considering buying it is because I got a good deal.

Thoughts please, will it even be worth it? Thanks....

Walter
01-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Ask Mista Bone. He knows everything.

Maximus
01-06-2009, 11:03 AM

BWAHAHHAA!!!:bigthumb

Bluecrew07
01-06-2009, 11:35 AM
What mufflers do you have? Bigger pipes will open it up... I have off road H with flowmaster 40 series bbk shorty headers and 2.5in pipes only way i can make it louder is to run open headers lol

PONYGRL
01-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I hav roush off-road mufflers. Everything else is stock.

Bluecrew07
01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I hav roush off-road mufflers. Everything else is stock.
Gut everything else lol put bigger tail pipes headers and off road x or h on and you will be happy. you could even wait on the headers

PONYGRL
01-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Ok cool thanks. I will plan on going ahead and buying it then. My mufflers I just got 2 weeks ago are here, except I hav different tips: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROUSH-MUSTANG-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-LEGAL-OFF-ROAD-05-06-07_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33640QQihZ007QQitemZ 170263335313QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

holeshot
01-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Is your x-pipe an off-road version (i.e. no catalytic converters)? If not, I dont think that x-pipe will change the loudness factor of your exhaust much at all. It will definitely change the pitch or tone of your exhaust, but you will only gain the volume from not having cats, or adding headers. If you want a beefy sounding exhaust, I would definitely stick with the h-pipe. If you want loud, go off-road h-pipe. Personally, I think the Flowmasters are pretty muscular sounding...but that is just my opinion. I get nothing but compliments though.

PonymanfiveO
01-06-2009, 11:52 AM

:lol:

Nominated for post of the year!!!!

PONYGRL
01-06-2009, 11:52 AM
It is a catted x I think.

Bluecrew07
01-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Is your x-pipe an off-road version (i.e. no catalytic converters)? If not, I dont think that x-pipe will change the loudness factor of your exhaust much at all. It will definitely change the pitch or tone of your exhaust, but you will only gain the volume from not having cats, or adding headers. If you want a beefy sounding exhaust, I would definitely stick with the h-pipe. If you want loud, go off-road h-pipe. Personally, I think the Flowmasters are pretty muscular sounding...but that is just my opinion. I get nothing but compliments though.

Off road H and Flowmaster...doesnt get any better than that lol

PonymanfiveO
01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
If its catted, dont waste your time.

Save your money anyways. ;)

Bluecrew07
01-06-2009, 11:58 AM
the off road h or x will make it louder. ive changed my exhaust set up 11 times now have everyway posible with x and h. I stick with the H tho

holeshot
01-06-2009, 11:59 AM
It is a catted x I think.

If its just the x-pipe, you will need to have someone cut the factory h-pipe and weld that new section in place. Otherwise if its the entire mid-pipe (including the cats) it just bolts right up to the manifolds and the over the axle pipes.

cobrajoe
01-06-2009, 12:03 PM
I just put my MAC axle backs on and the ProChamber (Non-Cat) will be sometime latter on, but I'm happy with them so far. They have a little drone but that's what the volume knob is for! :lol:

5.0calypso93lx
01-06-2009, 01:01 PM
If you are nearly broke, I wouldn't be buying anything for the car.

Bluecrew07
01-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Im sure southside could hook you up. it would deff be loud when it left there...

05yellowgt
01-06-2009, 01:52 PM
I had a bassani x on my 05 for a while. I ran it with both cats and no cats. With cats I still had some drone but it all but went away when I took the cats off. The car got LOUD with the cats off, but I like that.

Mista Bone
01-06-2009, 03:21 PM

You wanna ask a Honda guy about exhausts??????

Didn't think so :)

Walter
01-06-2009, 03:47 PM
You wanna ask a Honda guy about exhausts??????

Didn't think so :)

Were not talkin' 4in fart can mufflers here Bone. :lol:

rpppaprp
01-06-2009, 04:06 PM
There is a guy from Sardinia on the board that has a newer blue mustang with flames. Whatever he has is what i would use. His car sounds better than any other mustang i have heard.

Bluecrew07
01-06-2009, 04:11 PM
There is a guy from Sardinia on the board that has a newer blue mustang with flames. Whatever he has is what i would use. His car sounds better than any other mustang i have heard.
i believe your talking about Firestang:bigthumb

Mista Bone
01-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Were not talkin' 4in fart can mufflers here Bone. :lol:

2.25" muffler is all I had.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-06-2009, 05:17 PM
My experience, which is completely 5.0 wise...is that an X does reduce drone, but some mufflers are just gonna drone no matter what you do (like Flowmasters).

I've personally really grown fond of Magnaflows since i've been running them. They're kinda tame when cruising but they SCREAM when you romp on it, and at cruising speeds which are 2-2500rpm for me with 3.73s, i have NO drone, just a nice mellow growl. I also wanna try out Spintechs if i can ever afford them.

PONYGRL
01-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Good deal. I will keep all this stuff in mind when I have some money saved. Thanks guys.

Stangman
01-07-2009, 09:34 AM

Yep, that would be Dale :bigthumb

firestang70
01-07-2009, 06:06 PM
ponygirl I have the FRRP Stingers which I believe are the same axlebacks just rebadged. When I used the stock midpipe it sounded good but too quiet for me. I bought the pypes O/R H. I love the sound. It is loud when you first start it but quiets down after the high idles comes down to idle. At WOT it screams. A O/R X will make less deep tone than the H and a lil more raspy. I can let you hear mine to help you out. I think that H pipe new is around 150. If you shop the classified on the national forums modularfords.com etc you may find a used for half that price.

rpppaprp
01-07-2009, 09:49 PM
ponygirl I have the FRRP Stingers which I believe are the same axlebacks just rebadged. When I used the stock midpipe it sounded good but too quiet for me. I bought the pypes O/R H. I love the sound. It is loud when you first start it but quiets down after the high idles comes down to idle. At WOT it screams. A O/R X will make less deep tone than the H and a lil more raspy. I can let you hear mine to help you out. I think that H pipe new is around 150. If you shop the classified on the national forums modularfords.com etc you may find a used for half that price.

I live at the corner of Tri County and Bean Rd and every time you go by my house i can always tell. Your car sounds better than any other car i have heard. Maybe one day i will be able to see it run at the track.

firestang70
01-07-2009, 10:05 PM
I live at the corner of Tri County and Bean Rd and every time you go by my house i can always tell. Your car sounds better than any other car i have heard. Maybe one day i will be able to see it run at the track.

Do you a light blue Capri next to your garage?

rpppaprp
01-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Yes sir.

PONYGRL
01-08-2009, 08:13 AM

Cool well I am in no rush I guess... I might have to hear it if you are at the Spring cruise or the next get together.... :bigthumb Are you going to Cavalcade this weekend?

My last car was an Acura so I haven't really done any exhaust experimenting, so it'd be nice to hear a similar sound to make sure I like it before I throw money away.