Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Paintball gun [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paintball gun

1992MustangDW
01-02-2009, 02:28 PM
looking for a paintball gun 100 to 200 bux, semi or full prefered.
I have a tippman custom with 21'' barrel but isnt doing it for me.

rpppaprp
01-02-2009, 04:16 PM
I have two Spyder paintball guns. One is camo with heavy spring kit installed. The other is blue with medium spring kit installed and a sniper barrel. Both have been used one day only and are in very good condition. Also have a remote so the bottle can be carried in a ammo belt, which comes with approx. 15 pods, that hold 150 balls each, to store extra balls so you dont run out while in the field. Also have face masks, gun bags, extra tanks, balls, and complete tool kit in a nice tool box. I have hundreds of dollars in this stuff but may be willing to do some trading for cash and parts. If you are interested, pm me and i will get back with you asap.

pegasus
01-02-2009, 04:44 PM
i have a stock spyder shutter ill trade even with you *you can keep the barrel and use it if you still have the stock barrel

wolverine8490
01-02-2009, 06:44 PM
If you have a tippmann custom, why not add the response trigger or e-trigger. Also, ditch the 21" barrel. Get a freak kit or or the J&J and you'll be happy.

I have a custom 98, response trigger, expansion chamber, aftermarket hammer, a dot sight, a 10" ice cold barrel, as well as a 10" lapco big shot barrel, sound activated feeding hopper. I loved it when I used to actually play.

I just wish I had the extra $$ to switch it to nitrogen. It would be sooo much better.

The big shot is pretty accurate, but the ice cold is much quieter. I love my tippmann though. I recommend the freak kit, or the all american, as I have heard they are really good barrels.

A05C
01-02-2009, 08:22 PM
*this is A05C's brother, not A05C*

I'll give you my thoughts on the 98C, Spyders, and markers of similar cost. The 98C is a great marker if you are going to beat the crap out of it, but don't necessarily want the best thing out there for the money. They are basically the AK47's of paintball. Our field uses 98C's as rentals and people insist on using them as shovels rather than shooting people. Even with a barrel full of sand they still shoot fine (to an extent of course). Spyders would be considered a slightly "better" marker over the 98C, only it's not as bullet proof. It has the same basic layout as your Intimidator/Ego/Cyborg, only uses a spring rather than air to shoot the paintball out the barrel. In being so, a Spyder is a better platform than a Tippmann. Then you go to Ions. In my opinion the Ion is one of the best guns, under $150, on the market. They are basically idiot proof to work on, shoot very smooth right out of the box, and have plenty of aftermarket support. The only problem with Ion's are that their resale is probably the worst out of anything on the market today. See I don't know how seriously you are into paintball. But if I was you I would browse paintball dedicated forums, such as PbNation.com, and find a used 2002-2004 Bob Long Intimidator. You can find them for about the same price as you can find an Ion. During the 07 season I was on a BL sponsored team, so I had to shoot a BL gun of course. I must say that I enjoyed shooting a BL gun more than any other manufacturer's gun I previously owned. Plus their customer service is absolutely amazing. Now I'm not going to try to make your decision for you, but I'd highly recommend Bob Long product.

-Zach

rpppaprp
01-02-2009, 08:50 PM
If you are into paintball serious enough to need a Bob Long marker, you may as well go out and buy an Angel (make sure you sit down before you hear the price). Also, you can talk to Facemelter71 about which marker is the best for your needs. He will be able to help you make a wise purchase.

A05C
01-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Welcome to 2003.

Angels used to be the marker of choice up until the DM3 and pregen Intimidators were released. Mostly because Angels were the ONLY gun out there if people wanted to become serious (and put "a lot" of paint down field). I have been playing paintball since 2002 and have been playing tournaments since 2004. I have owned everything from 98C's, to Cockers, to Marqs and now I shoot an 08 Ego. If you don't want to listen to me then fine, that's your choice. But don't be ignorant about what's good. I'm not trying to start a fight, nor change the minds of anyone, I'm just giving you my opinions mixed in with real life facts on the subject.

Btw, you can buy a 2k2 Timmy for less than 150, and a 2k5 Timmy for 225. I wouldn't say that that's extremely overpriced for something that will shoot as smooth as they do.

1992MustangDW
01-03-2009, 10:59 PM
I bought a vs1 I got a good deal on it and is a decent wood ball gun, thatnks for the help. we should all get together and play soon.

firestang70
01-03-2009, 11:41 PM
If the OP is interested I have a 2k2 Shocker metallic green to gold fade with All American barrel,motorized VL hopper,20 oz anti siphon w/ on/off valve,drop forward,gel grips. I have had it for 5 years(haven't played in over a year). Its very quiet accurate,nice range,never breaks a ball. Still have factory box,paperwork. $175 Also have a stock 98c, several extra bottles from 7 to 20 oz. $100 or $250 for all of it.