Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
MORE CANCER [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : MORE CANCER

untamed
12-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Well my son had the follow up blood work done after his tumor was removed. He also had to go get a CT scan. The blood test came back before the CT scan. The results were that he had more cancer but they did not know where until the scan came back. The results to that came back this morning and he has a mass (cancer) next to his kidney. They are scheduling him to see a doc that specializes in the kidney area. He will then have to get up to 3 months of Kemo. They said he will be pretty sick with this. GOD...... when will it ever end. Why him and not me!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

89notch
12-30-2008, 11:04 AM
This is horrible I wish him and your family the best.

Stangman
12-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Whoa... and he is young too... that sucks that it has hit him sooo hard. Best wishes to all of you Tracy.

Blackpony
12-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Best wishes thats terrible news.

Mr.Moontang
12-30-2008, 11:30 AM
My prayers to you and Doug.

95turbocharged
12-30-2008, 11:44 AM
sorry to hear this!!

DeckerEnt
12-30-2008, 01:21 PM
We all need to pray more. Sorry to hear this Tracy. Hope they get it all this time.
Keith

cobrajoe
12-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Man that really sucks Tracy. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Call if you need to talk or anything, ANYTIME, I'll answer!

ponymom05
12-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Words of experience to help you Tracy….

Never let him go to the Dr. or treatment alone. Meet him there if you have to. But someone, anyone should be with him if at all possible. If he has to go thru it, he shouldn’t have to do it alone. Moral support is a wonderful thing.

Get a backpack. Have it ready at all times.
Put in a small spiral notebook and a couple of pens. When you think of something you want to ask the doc, write it down. Then when you see the Dr., you won’t forget what you wanted to ask. Also write down everything the Dr. tells you during a visit. Weight, blood counts, etc. Any special instructions. Family will ask, you’ll forget. Refer to the notebook.
Throw in a deck of cards, maybe a handheld game or a good book. Chemo can take hours and be pretty boring.
Put in a small blanket, like a baby blanket. Chemo patients get cold easily.

He may not even speak to you during the Chemo session, he may sleep. But he will know that you are there with him. The first time, fear of the unknown is intimidating, unfortunately you will get used to it.

There is a great website www.choosehope.com that has some great cancer related items, T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, wrist bands, etc. that can be serious or humorous. My favorite is a sweatshirt I still wear that in big bold letters says CANCER SUCKS. Sometimes you just have to "say" it outloud. I usually get weird looks but a young girl did stop Craig and I just the other day and commented that she thought my shirt was so true.

My thoughts are with you and your family. Keep the faith.

Cathy

HARCracing
12-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Our Prayers are with you guys 100%

tdm309
12-30-2008, 05:20 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keep us updated as to his condition.

firestang70
12-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Tracy my family and I will be praying for yours.
Dale

mach_u
12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Prayers sent Tracy! Very sorry to hear. :(

kaik1969
12-30-2008, 06:30 PM
My prayers are out to you and your family. May God be with you.

8banger
12-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Very sorry to hear..Thoughts and prayers go to you and your family..

dawsin94cobra
12-30-2008, 07:40 PM
i am sorry to hear that man, i dont know you but you and your son will be prayed for, stay strong

ihave1sweetride
12-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Sorry to hear that Tracy... Call me if you need anything... Prayers for the family!!

Goldenpony
12-30-2008, 09:33 PM
I do not know you, but I am so sorry to read this. May God be with you and your son.

Pops Fun
12-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Sorry to hear this Tracy... Thoughts and prayers.

Steve

Blackballed
12-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Our family is praying for you. Let us know if you need anything.

tmotorsports
01-01-2009, 11:21 PM
We are praying for him and the rst of your family

wht_stang
01-02-2009, 02:08 AM
I'm so so so sorry to hear this Tracy. Keep your head high and give him the love and support only a mother can give. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Ryan218
01-02-2009, 03:45 AM
stay stong, you will get through it. best of luck!

MrsAPE
01-02-2009, 11:49 AM
So sorry to hear this Tracey. BUT, don't give up hope. Hold on tight to it!! Definately added to my prayers your whole family. If you or the family need anything...meals, cleaning etc just ask. Be strong!

untamed
01-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks so much everyone. Great friends and faith in God will get us through this.

Hangingcogs
01-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Your family are in our prayers...stay strong.

bestracing
01-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Well my son had the follow up blood work done after his tumor was removed. He also had to go get a CT scan. The blood test came back before the CT scan. The results were that he had more cancer but they did not know where until the scan came back. The results to that came back this morning and he has a mass (cancer) next to his kidney. They are scheduling him to see a doc that specializes in the kidney area. He will then have to get up to 3 months of Kemo. They said he will be pretty sick with this. GOD...... when will it ever end. Why him and not me!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Sorry to hear that, I've had a couple of cancer scares in my family lately and it really gets you thinking. I hope he can pull through this and I'll keep him and your family in my prayers.

NaomiDstangLvr
01-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Keep your faith in God and he'll take care of your son. Your in my prayers. Such a horrible disease, my family has gone through it also...

gtbadboy
01-03-2009, 04:22 PM
My Prayers are will him

beefcake
01-03-2009, 04:42 PM
i am very sorry to hear that

my thoughts and prayers go out

PaulFiveOh
01-03-2009, 05:04 PM
There is a lot of out pouring here, by a lot of people...

This many people and it only takes a very small bit of any thing from everyone to amount to something large if any one is on the same page.

stang5slow
01-03-2009, 06:21 PM
my prayers to you him and your family

MrsAPE
01-04-2009, 01:13 PM
There is a lot of out pouring here, by a lot of people...

This many people and it only takes a very small bit of any thing from everyone to amount to something large if any one is on the same page.

Worked for me! Prayers are a beautiful thing. Sure they will work for them to. Just doesn't mean its going to be easy. So, stay strong in your prayers to everyone. :bigthumb

BadBirdLT1
01-05-2009, 10:05 PM
My thoughts go out to you I lost my father to lung cancer in 2006. I wish you and your family the best.

untamed
01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Well, Doug starts extensive Chemo on the 26th. They found several spots throughout his chest and lower body so they are hitting him hard with the Chemo. He goes for 5 days in a row for 6 hours a day then off for 2 weeks then, 5 days again etc. They will repeat the cycle 3 times and then evaluate the cancer to see if he will need anymore. This whole thing has him a wreck but he seems to be staying strong, and Cathy I took your advice on everything and I have everything ready to go. Thanks so much EVERYONE.

MrsAPE
01-06-2009, 06:06 PM
^Going to add him to a couple prayer list I know of. If you (yes you) need something, just ask. You have to stay strong for him.

ihave1sweetride
01-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Well, Doug starts extensive Chemo on the 26th. They found several spots throughout his chest and lower body so they are hitting him hard with the Chemo. He goes for 5 days in a row for 6 hours a day then off for 2 weeks then, 5 days again etc. They will repeat the cycle 3 times and then evaluate the cancer to see if he will need anymore. This whole thing has him a wreck but he seems to be staying strong, and Cathy I took your advice on everything and I have everything ready to go. Thanks so much EVERYONE.

Anything at all you need girl... just call me.... We can help out with the house if you need anything

ponymom05
01-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Tracy,

You have my numbers in the PM, don't hesitate to call at any time, even just to vent. This will consume your life for a while and you may need a little stress relief. If there is anything at all I can do to help you and your family, please let me know. My thoughts are with you every day. Keep the faith.

Cathy

REDHOTGTGIRL
01-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Tracy I am so sorry to hear about all this. I can't imagine how hard it must be. I will keep him, you and your whole family in our prayers. We're here for you, so just let us know if you need something.

untamed
01-26-2009, 08:22 AM
:(Well I'm about to go upstairs and wake my son up so he can start his Chemo today. I am filled with all kinds of emotion. I hate today but yet I am glad it is here so he can start the long healing process. Please keep him in your prayers today especially at 9:10. That is when his first treatment begins. Thank you all for your wonderful support. You guys and girls are the BEST!!!!!

DeckerEnt
01-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Be strong Tracy. We are all praying for you and your son.
Keith

winner70ta
01-26-2009, 08:30 AM
My prayers are going out to him. May God give him strength.

ihave1sweetride
01-26-2009, 08:58 AM
:(Well I'm about to go upstairs and wake my son up so he can start his Chemo today. I am filled with all kinds of emotion. I hate today but yet I am glad it is here so he can start the long healing process. Please keep him in your prayers today especially at 9:10. That is when his first treatment begins. Thank you all for your wonderful support. You guys and girls are the BEST!!!!!

Anything you need Tracy... just call!!

MrsAPE
01-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Both in our thoughts!!

Blackpony
01-26-2009, 10:01 AM
My prayers got out to your family

cobrajoe
01-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Prayers sent! Call if you need anything!:angel:

untamed
02-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Going into 2nd full session of chemo. He is bummin cuz he shaved his head today. I wanted to cry when I first seen him but when I looked into his eyes he still has the look of determination, so I just sucked it up and smiled at him..... God this is hard:(

Silver Bullet
02-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Going into 2nd full session of chemo. He is bummin cuz he shaved his head today. I wanted to cry when I first seen him but when I looked into his eyes he still has the look of determination, so I just sucked it up and smiled at him..... God this is hard:(

Stay strong Tracy. We will be praying for your son and your family.:angel:

firestang70
02-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Going into 2nd full session of chemo. He is bummin cuz he shaved his head today. I wanted to cry when I first seen him but when I looked into his eyes he still has the look of determination, so I just sucked it up and smiled at him..... God this is hard:(Prayers for your family. Humor is great medicine as well as a positive outlook. Hang tough kiddo.

Her GT
02-19-2009, 07:54 PM

You are one strong lady! Your son will be in my thoughts. Good Luck

MADMOD
02-19-2009, 08:08 PM
I went though a bout with cancer with my father. It was tough to see my Dad sick and so weak sometimes from the Chemo. I often wondered if something that made him so sick could be helping him but in the end it was the cure for him. My Dad often would be down in the dumps from being sick all the time but, my Mother stayed strong for him. Keep his head up and stay strong for him. He will need you.
We are all pulling and praying for him here. If you need anything please don't be afaird to ask.

dedpedal
02-20-2009, 07:17 AM
I hope the best for a speedy recovery .

Lt. Dangle
02-20-2009, 10:22 PM

Don't worry Tracy, me and the boys are behind D-Fresh 100%, and willing to do anything he needs. Seriously, if you need ANYTHING, a ride for him to the hospital at 2 in the morning, someone to just hang out with him, ANYTHING! Do not hesitate to call. Nothing better to see than when he comes around, and can still try to hang out. I wish the new turbo on his car would have worked out the other night, but it seems it wasn't in the cards for him. I hear that he might be purchasing another new one, let me know when it gets in, and I'll come over while he's gone or something and throw it on for him.

Also, me and a couple of the guys have something in store, Car-related for him, to possibly help out, and at the very least take his mind off of the extremely tough situation that he's faced with. I cant let any of the details out right now, because it's still in the planning stages, but trust me, he will love it, and if we can help in a monetary way, that will be even better.

Anyways, 1-513-623-8687, just give me a call if you are in need of anything for him Tracy.

Tell Paul I said hey too, if you could lol.