Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
jumper on the coney bridge [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : jumper on the coney bridge

bobtsgt
12-30-2008, 08:08 AM
did anyone see the woman standing on the side of the bridge near coney island heading eastbound yesterday around 4? There were a couple police cars blocking the right lane trying to coax her back. Looked to be about a 50yr old woman and she was driving a green corolla. The car is still there parked on the bridge so I assume they got her down. Didn't see anything about it on the news yet.

BradleyGT
12-30-2008, 08:34 AM
They probably won't say anything....it was a failed attempt they don't want her to get more depressed and try again I'm sure

67Terror
12-30-2008, 01:21 PM
They got her down and in custody

NaomiDstangLvr
12-31-2008, 03:07 PM
That's really sad to hear. Hope she gets some serious mental help.

Silver Bullet
12-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Thats the second one in a couple of weeks...:rolleyes:

Holly
12-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Damn, if I wanted to leave this world, I surely wouldn't jump into icy water after a long fall. :rolleyes: Sounds to me like she was seeking attention.

beefcake
12-31-2008, 09:26 PM
yep, attention grabber

firestang70
12-31-2008, 09:56 PM
If I owned a green Corolla I would consider it myself. Seriously this time of year alot of people are starving for attention.

plattner01
01-01-2009, 01:46 AM
two years ago a guy was on the 275 bridge heading south side and was doing the same thing and i saw the guy just standing there ready to jump cops all around and he didnt and nothing on the radio at all about the traffic or the jumper wanta be.

juiced347
01-01-2009, 01:16 PM
had a jumper down the road from my house and sad to say the couldn't stop her from jumping

Rick93coupe
01-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey, if someone wants to do a peter pan off a bridge then more power to them. Anyone who really wants to kill themselves isn't standing on the edge thinking about it.

Blackpony
01-01-2009, 08:01 PM
If I owned a green Corolla I would consider it myself. Seriously this time of year alot of people are starving for attention.

Hey wait a minute i own a gray Corolla :lol:

BIGRED Z
01-02-2009, 02:32 AM
PAY ATTENTION TO ME OR I'M JUMPING!!!!:eek:

Foxxx5oh
01-02-2009, 08:18 AM
PAY ATTENTION TO ME OR I'M JUMPING!!!!:eek:

Oh cmon Lori, wouldnt be the first time you threatened it! then again, you still drive an F-body...:D :cool1:

just kiddin tho!! i wouldnt want ya to do that!!

DeckerEnt
01-02-2009, 08:49 AM
It is actually against the law to kill yourself, and the cops will shoot you to stop you. LOL!!!
Keith

wht_stang
01-02-2009, 05:54 PM
It is actually against the law to kill yourself, and the cops will shoot you to stop you. LOL!!!
Keith

Then I guess that would be suicide by cop.

DeckerEnt
01-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Then I guess that would be suicide by cop.

Yep! People actually do that. Crazy...
Keith

dedpedal
01-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Depression seems high this time of the year. Lonely people who get shut in and have few if any friends. Short days, long nights and all the dreary looking scenes around just add to it. I get that way every year. Never bad enough to jump off a bridge tho.

DeckerEnt
01-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Kev, you got peeps!!!! No worries!
Keith

dedpedal
01-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Kev, you got peeps!!!! No worries!
Keith

yea, of course I know that! I didnt mean it like that. I just get down when it gets cold out but some people get it bad enough to the point where they contemplate suicide. Not me, no way.

Katmandu
01-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Sounds to me like she was seeking attention.ANY suicide attempt IS a cry for attention.

My wife was recently the Executive Director of the Tri-County Suicide Prevention Coalition.

Suicide is MUCH more common than the General public even realizes. MOST all suicides NEVER get reported in the local media and/or the Obituaries..

Also, when County Coroners sign death certificates, they are VERY VERY reluctant to place Suicide as the cause of Death. Often times to alleviate family suffering.

Families also are extremely reluctant to ADMIT that a family member has completed Suicide. Often times out of DENIAL and/or their own Embarrassment.

I actually had a close Co-Worker of mine here at the Dayton VA that Completed Suicide this past August. It devastated all of us in our Lab. If you would have known Andrea. You would NEVER EVER suspected she would have taken her own life. She was an extremely intelligent, beautiful, caring individual. She also had a husband and (3) children. Unfortunately, she had some severe Mental health issues that contributed to her death.

So you can see how the number of "reported" number of completed Suicides and Attempted Suicides is actually grossly under estimated.

The lack of Public Education about Suicide leads to ignorance of the Subject.

I highly encourage everyone to educate yourselves, your family members and friends about the FACTS of Suicide and Mental Health conditions overall.

I guarantee there are members right here on Stangbangerz that have been DIRECTLY effected by Suicide or know someone close that has been!!

With the growing Economic Crisis in this Country, Depression, Mental Health issues and Suicide are likely to get much worse.

PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELVES on these very serious issues!

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/?gclid=CJ_Hj57m8pcCFQquGgodDWDWDQ

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

http://www.google.com/search?q=depression&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

http://www.google.com/search?q=mental+health&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

If anyone has anymore questions about Suicide, Depression and/or Mental Health issues, PLEASE PM or Email me and I WILL do my best to refer you too a place to obtain Professional Help.

Katmandu@woh.rr.com