Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
DirecTv installers? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DirecTv installers?

cobrajoe
12-29-2008, 05:35 PM
We have any connections on here? Wanna know how hard the HD SWM LNB dish is to install compared to the old 18" one?

plattner01
12-29-2008, 06:32 PM
the old one was way easy i did myself the new one is way out there, you really need a professional to do the dish alignment , i tried it myself and for 3 days i couldnt get the damn thing to work read the instructions etc, but the installer has a device he just plugs in and finds the alignment in 5 secs, it is worth getting the installer to do it.

chadomac
12-29-2008, 07:00 PM
i have installed both the standard and hd dish both were pretty simple. peg about a 94 to 96 on the hd dish :bigthumb

cobrajoe
12-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah the new SWM LNB is a one wire deal now, guess the multi-switch is built into the LNB now. I'm wanting to move my DVR to the bedroom (2 feeds), one for the basement, HD DVR in the living room (2 feeds), and maybe the garage? I'm willing to run all the cable and even install the dish where my 18" is now if installing part is not that bad.

95turbocharged
12-29-2008, 09:25 PM
the new directv ones are KU band and they are a lot harder to setup. I installed directv for a while and without the birdog to get the signal its a pain in the a-- to get!!! There are alot of different signals to line up with the new dish. I had to have them come out and do mine for me I got it close but not enough to get all the channels. The old triplesat dishes were real easy and the old standard dishes were even easier but, the new ones can really suck!!!!!!

cobrajoe
12-30-2008, 03:03 AM
well the thing about where my 18" is now. When I installed it I put it on the top of my shed (mounted the mast to the gable) and ran the wire underground to my house and in. So I know DTV will send a installer out and want to mount that huge ass dish to my roof. I'm a little nervous of that cause of leaks. Plus since I am not a new customer they will probably try and fudge me on a install.

MWoods26
12-30-2008, 03:11 AM
I was not a new customer and they brought me a new HD dish and installed it for free just about two months ago:bigthumb I bought my own HDDVR from best buy and didnt know I needed a new dish for it to work. I called directv and other than having to wait a month for them to come out all was good.

cobrajoe
12-30-2008, 05:43 AM
I was not a new customer and they brought me a new HD dish and installed it for free just about two months ago:bigthumb I bought my own HDDVR from best buy and didnt know I needed a new dish for it to work. I called directv and other than having to wait a month for them to come out all was good.

Wait till you cancel service, or in my case discontinue for awhile due to remolding. They'll send you a box asking for their equipment back. :lol: