Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anybody have a Crown Vic with a blower? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a Crown Vic with a blower?

Sharad
12-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Might sound crazy, but with the kids and all, I keep thinking a Crown Vic with an S-trim and a gear would be a great daily driver. Do any of you guys know someone who has done this? I'm thinking 350hp to the tire sounds reasonable?

KenB
12-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Sounds a bit high. The real ticket would be to try and find an afforable Maurader. 400 no issue there.

Ken

Sharad
12-22-2008, 08:54 AM
There's a Maurader for sale locally.. but I was a little worried. One of my best friends has one in Dayton that he absolutely babies and only takes it out for Sunday cruises. Seriously. The motor just blew up and the car was BONE STOCK. He bought an aluminator for it... But I don't have crate-motor money to fix it if I blow it up.

So what's the deal with the motors in the crown vic? Non PI 4.6? Same bottom end as the mustang?

KenB
12-22-2008, 08:56 AM
There's a Maurader for sale locally.. but I was a little worried. One of my best friends has one in Dayton that he absolutely babies and only takes it out for Sunday cruises. Seriously. The motor just blew up and the car was BONE STOCK. He bought an aluminator for it... But I don't have crate-motor money to fix it if I blow it up.

So what's the deal with the motors in the crown vic? Non PI 4.6? Same bottom end as the mustang?

I think most of them are non pi and weak bottom end like a Mustang. Not sure what issue you buddy had with his Maurader but they are just a standard 4v that shouldn't be anymore fragile than any other one. I've done a few Vortech's on them. I'm pretty sure I did a blown CV a long time ago but can't remember. I've definitely done one with heads and cams. Was pretty cool.

Ken

Black92LX
12-22-2008, 09:01 AM
They started putting the PIs in Vics in 2001.
The Vics will take a beating there is no doubt about it.

1992MustangDW
12-22-2008, 09:46 AM
they will take a beating, but maurader are so cool, there is one on deerfield rd that is sweet.

67Terror
12-22-2008, 11:45 AM
look for a CV lx sport. i'm pretty sure it has more hp than a base model plus it has bucket seats and console like the maurader.

Sharad
12-22-2008, 08:08 PM
so 2001+ LX sport... we might be onto something.

mustangjon
12-22-2008, 08:09 PM
or find a lincoln mark vii for cheap if you can do the family thing with 2 doors:D Actually one my lincoln buddies has a panther car group that could shed some insight, but think they mostly do pushrod motor cars. Ever seen the cobra vic's? that were made for the driving school :bigthumb

Black92LX
12-22-2008, 08:50 PM
so 2001+ LX sport... we might be onto something.

Police Interceptor wouldn't be bad either. Most have the buckets as well.

Goldenpony
12-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Every time I see one of these bad boys, I get a stiring in my nether regions. A blower would make the condition worse. :)

thecollector
12-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Their was a Jack Roush edition for sale. They've also got T-56's as well as the exclusive prestige of low Production numbers.

2Kblacksleeper
12-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Their was a Jack Roush edition for sale. They've also got T-56's as well as the exclusive prestige of low Production numbers.

He wanted like 25k for it also. It was a neat car to say the least.

My friend was going to put a .30 over 460 in a 92 CV, but when we started to put the motor in and check everything out the frame was rusted out to bad in the back half. Now he is looking for a cheap fox. He said that he was not going to fab everything up this time.

John

Sharad
12-23-2008, 09:47 AM
well, in my old age, I've come to appreciate the smooth ride and all of the creature comforts. I don't want to compromise with my mustang, but I'd pimp a vic!!

cstreu1026
12-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I saw a Marauder on Ebay for under 10K. It has close to 100K on the clock buch it would be a good starting point.

k062693w
12-23-2008, 12:53 PM
I believe the one at Precision Autosports is for sale.. I think it went low 12's ???

PKFIRE
12-23-2008, 04:47 PM
OP- You just reminded me of the Panther

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cYpQjZgz7o&feature=related

boostanggt
12-23-2008, 07:06 PM
I think I can help out a little here... I blew up the motor from my 04' GT last summer so until I get my 4 valve motor assembled I picked up a 4.6 with 113,000 miles out of a police interceptor. Kept the turbo on it and changed some wastegate springs. On 12 pounds from my T70 it made 400/490. Not bad for an old, probably beat 4.6.

Foxxx5oh
12-24-2008, 12:22 PM
if you are lookin for a blown CV i would get on crownvic.net and look around on there for some info on the subject. IIRC there are a few blown CV's on there

NUTTSGT
12-24-2008, 05:36 PM

If I had to guess, it broke a rod. Those powdered metal rods are a weak link.

mustanginky
12-26-2008, 12:46 AM
i'm a fan of the big vics. they're actually a comfortable ride (even with a cage behind you) i like riding/driving in them. i'd rock a blown CV. you can find a cheap ex-police car at auctions all the time.

thecollector
12-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Here ya go. Cincinnati's fleet services has plenty of "gently used" vics. The go rhino bumper guards and spot lights come in handy as well. The back seats are uh... easy to clean so it would be great to stick the kids in. The front seats are just begging for Recaro replacements. Bids start at 500. Last I attended the vics went anywhere from $800-& $2200.

http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/pubsrv/pages/-6260-/

Sharad
12-26-2008, 04:59 PM
oh man, that's awesome. THANKS! Anybody know if the 2002 and up police interceptors are PI? If so, I'm totally buying one!!!

boostanggt
12-26-2008, 05:44 PM
oh man, that's awesome. THANKS! Anybody know if the 2002 and up police interceptors are PI? If so, I'm totally buying one!!!

I'm pretty sure they are.. but who cares if you're going forced induction.

Katmandu
12-29-2008, 05:55 PM
if you are lookin for a blown CV i would get on www.crownvic.net and look around on there for some info on the subject. IIRC there are a few blown CV's on there X2 on CVN. www.crownvic.net

I used to be a Moderator there when it first started 6 or 7 years ago. I went by P71_Interceptor over there.

I've owned several P71s (Police Interceptors) over the years. Great vehicles.

Got burned out driving around in it though. Gets to be a REAL PITA when you're just out cruising and other driver's get all paranoid cause they "think" you're a cop. :rolleyes:

P71 engines are the SAME as Civilian Crown Vics/Grand Marquis. NO difference(s) mechanically at all. Only the PCM programming is different.

IIRC, the only real difference in CV/GM engines -Vs- Stang engines is the cam profiles. PI engines were 1st offered in CV/GMs in 2001.

Yes, there are several blown CV/GM/P71s on www.CrownVic.net.

Katmandu
12-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Here's pics of the last P71 I owned. It was a very low mileage 97. Everything was blacked out except the 4 hub caps. Had a shit load of Mods done to it as well.

http://www.katmanduonline.net/albums/MyOldP71/

http://www.katmanduonline.net/albums/MyOldP71/photos/photo10.jpg
http://www.katmanduonline.net/albums/MyOldP71/photos/photo11.jpg

You can see my old 89 Mustang LX Vert in the reflection off the doors in this pic!

http://www.katmanduonline.net/albums/MyOldP71/photos/photo4.jpg

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I've been trying to find pics of the Vic (maybe it's a Marauder?) with the huge roots blower sticking out of the hood but i can't find them online and i'm too lazy to flashdrive them over here to this PC. Anyone know the car i'm talking about?

Oh and just FYI, there's a used car lot down 125 going into Amelia that had 3 Intercepters for around 3k each the other day, i think 2 are already sold. Might wanna check into that...