Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Media Playing It Up... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Media Playing It Up...

BigBadStang
12-22-2008, 12:01 AM
While watching channel 5 news after seeing the Giants win in O.T., they ran a story about a Mason woman getting killed on I75 in Lexington. They went out of their way to mention 3 different times that one of the vehicles involved was a black Mustang, and they stated that her car was "struck by a black Mustang. Not once did they mention the make, model or color of her vehicle. This peaked my curiosity, so I looked on channel 18 in Lexington's website to get the scoop...Full Story (http://www.wlextv.com/global/story.asp?s=9560607)Turns out the Mustang hit her car AFTER she wiped out on her own.

btw...condolences to the family members survived by this very young Mason woman. :(

MustangChuck
12-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Do you think they were just trying to demonize anyone who drives a black car, a Mustang, or any kind of sports car?

BigBadStang
12-22-2008, 12:11 AM
They automatically think, insinuate, or convey that these types of cars are a menace to the motoring public. This irresponsible kind of reporting pisses me off. From what I have found out, the driver of the Mustang was a 53 year old male, that is still hospitalized. For all we know, the Stang could have been a 6 banger :rolleyes:.
Maybe our resident Lexington cop (Black92LX) can offer a little insight on this accident.

plattner01
12-22-2008, 12:44 AM
was killed when she was hit by several vehicles on I-75.
wow that is a shitty way to die and painful

DeckerEnt
12-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Sounds like the way the media talks about SUVs. You never hear about a driver hitting anyone, just some crazed SUV hitting stuff. Rush talks about it all the time and it is funny as he)).
Keith

Mista Bone
12-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Same way media is about guns, "person was shot with an AUTOMATIC handgun".......

I guess there are too many G18 and UZI's on our streets.

DeckerEnt
12-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I guess there are too many G18 and UZI's on our streets.

Don't forget about all those Tec-9s out there. LOL
Keith

PaulFiveOh
12-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Don't forget about all those Tec-9s out there. LOL
Keith

Don't laugh. I know some seriously unsavory folks who tote Tecs

Ric54
12-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Having worked in the media for about 15 years, I would like to propose a reason for why they may have worded the story the way they did. Typically they probably didn't have the FULL story when the wrote the script for the news story. Also they MAY have had to fill a certain amount of time with very little text. They may have repeated them selves due to these reasons.

While I own two Mustangs myself, I do feel they they may have over done the Mustang thing a little.

DeckerEnt
12-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Don't laugh. I know some seriously unsavory folks who tote Tecs

You are not saying I am unsavory, are you??!!?? LOL
Keith