PDA

View Full Version : cold outside

plattner01
12-21-2008, 11:34 PM
just looked at the current temp outside and it read 4degrees outside ,man i'm freezing inside, i think the furance just crapped out and that sucks

Current conditions (as of 9:52 PM) Today's forecast °F | °C
Wind chill advisoryFair 4°F
Feels like: -17°F

Barometer: 30.3 in
Dewpoint: -8°
Humidity: 53%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: 0 in
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.04 in
Wind: 21 mph W
Sunrise: 7:53 AM
Sunset: 5:19 PM
UV Index: 0 Low
Observed at Covington / Cincinnati: Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky Inter.

All times shown are local to Edgewood.
Today Hi: 24°
Lo: 9°

Fair
6 PM 15°
Clear
9 PM 9°
Fair
Midnight 7°
Cloudy

MustangChuck
12-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah it is freezing out there I had to put some air in the tires of my Stang and it sucked cuz it was so cold.

R825OH
12-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah definitely cold! Rode my bike 12 miles in the woods, plenty for me today! Maker Mark sure does warm ya up though!!:bigthumb

MustangChuck
12-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah definitely cold! Rode my bike 12 miles in the woods, plenty for me today! Maker Mark sure does warm ya up though!!:bigthumb

Yeah im drinking some beer and some Ezra Single Barrel. I wish I had some Jack Daniels tho. More specifically Gentleman Jack.

BigBadStang
12-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Man, I hope your furnace didn't take a shit! On a night like this, it won't take long for pipes to possibly freeze and burst. Good luck man!

plattner01
12-22-2008, 12:52 AM
had that happen a few years back a pipe down stairs and that sucked

BigBadStang
12-22-2008, 01:05 AM
had that happen a few years back a pipe down stairs and that sucked

Been there too in our OLD (built in 1898) house...yes...it did SUCK!

KobraII
12-22-2008, 02:13 AM
I haven't been able to experience a busted pipe in my lifetime, but I can agree with you on the fact that it's damn cold. I thought my phone was lying to me when I checked the weather and it said it was 4.

Holly
12-22-2008, 09:08 AM
I went to a Christmas Party Saturday night at my friend's house, Hoss and Kims. Well, I got home Sat night at 11pm and didn't leave my house again until this morning, and damn, what a shocker. I was absolutely miserable walking from the Freedom Center to my office on Walnut (between 3rd and 4th Streets). My furnace ran all night, I may turn the emergency heat on tonight. It's so much warmer.

PONYGRL
12-22-2008, 09:12 AM
I went to a Christmas Party Saturday night at my friend's house, Hoss and Kims. Well, I got home Sat night at 11pm and didn't leave my house again until this morning, and damn, what a shocker. I was absolutely miserable walking from the Freedom Center to my office on Walnut (between 3rd and 4th Streets). My furnace ran all night, I may turn the emergency heat on tonight. It's so much warmer.

Eww same here, and I don't blame you.

We part in the same garage too! The walk up Walnut sucked this morning, but I am glad to be sitting in our warm office in my comfy chair now.... It is such a dry type of cold outside too.... I absolutely hate it.

Drivermod
12-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Good hp weather. How many feet below sea level are we with a baro of 30.3 and 4 degrees? Gotta be like -3000' Too bad the track isn't open.:tard:

Drivermod
12-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Just checked, 3683 feet BELOW sea level.:bigthumb

KobraII
12-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Good luck getting traction when the track is 10 degrees. There would be more traction on ice, haha!

IWRBB
12-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Just checked, 3683 feet BELOW sea level.:bigthumb
Damn, I'm definately taking the Cobra out for a spin tonight. I'll hook up the datalogger and see what kinda IATs I'm getting.

Good luck getting traction when the track is 10 degrees. There would be more traction on ice, haha!
The MT drag radials do really good on the street, even in the serious cold. The KDWs I have on another set of rims are terrible around zero degrees, it's like driving in snow even when it's clear out.

I've heard of a few people's furnaces crapping out last night, a few people lost power too. My 35 yr old furnace is still chugging along, it's hard to replace something so dependable, even if it's not very efficient.

MustangChuck
12-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah my lower radiator hose on my T-Bird busted earlier today when I went to pick up my girlfriend at her parent's house. But her dad helped me fix it tonight no problem. It was kinda funny cuz my radiator overflow container was frozen straight through lol.

BigBadStang
12-23-2008, 12:20 AM
I haven't been able to experience a busted pipe in my lifetime...

YOU AIN'T MISSING ANYTHING!
I hope it NEVER happens to any of my fellow 'bangerz!