Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Flywheel and Bellhousing Bolts: 302 to Tremec [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel and Bellhousing Bolts: 302 to Tremec

ascCapri
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Howdy guys, I bought a Tremec 3550 setup for my Coupe. I borrowed my buddy's engine hoist for a short time, so I am working to get the motor buttoned up and attach the trans before I put it in the car. I am running a stock balancer so can I just use a stock 11" flywheel? I have a smaller one from an 84, but assume I will need an 11" for the clutch that came with this Tremec. Let me know what you have.

Also, I am in need of the bellhousing bolts, anyone have the dimensions/sizes? Any suggestion as to where to locate these larger bolts?

Thanks for all of your help. I greatly appreciate it.

mrstang-gt-46
12-08-2008, 10:49 AM
have good stock flywheel,may have bolts

NXcoupe
12-08-2008, 10:50 AM
They are the same bolts from bell to engine as the T5 unit. The block didn't change. The bolts are 7/16 diameter with a coarse thread pitch, about 2.5" long on all but two which are 2". The bolts that attach the trans to the bell are different, they are standard instead of metric like the T5. They are 7/16" as well, coarse, 1.5" to 2" long, hope this helps you out.

ascCapri
12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
They are the same bolts from bell to engine as the T5 unit. The block didn't change. The bolts are 7/16 diameter with a coarse thread pitch, about 2.5" long on all but two which are 2". The bolts that attach the trans to the bell are different, they are standard instead of metric like the T5. They are 7/16" as well, coarse, 1.5" to 2" long, hope this helps you out.

This helps me greatly. Now that I think of it, I believe I need the bell to trans bolts as well, so I appreciate your extra info.

Everyone agree that I can run a stock 87-up Flywheel with the Tremec? I would assume it just needs to be the bigger 11" flywheel.

NXcoupe
12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
They flywheel is the same diameter, it is just the bolt holes for the clutch and the pins that are 1/2" wider in diameter from the 10". That's why guys get the wrong ones every once in a while, they are physically the same dimensions, just wrong bolt pattern diameter for the 10.5" clutch.

mustang8998
12-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Holla, if you need a hand Dave!